PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE-C to 1.50

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 16:04
I was told that if I didn't like 2.71 SE-C or simply wanted to downgrade to 1.50 all I had to do was stick the 1.5 eboot file in the recovery folder and run the recovery at start up.

I did. I ran the eboot through recovery. Nothing happened. PSP still at 2.71 SE-C.

Any suggestions on how I get back to 1.50?:confused:

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 16:36
did you have all the other folders from flash recovery folder in there aswell?
EDIT..
1st make sure you have a 1.5 eboot, and rename it "update"
2nd, put it in the recovery folder which should be..ms0\psp\game
3rd make sure that you have the other files that were in the recovery folder of your se-c installation zip
4th, run from recovery mode and follow on screen instructions.
voila, your back on 1.5 again

jak66
December 4th, 2006, 16:42
there is now way 'just sticking the 1.5 eboot file in the recovery folder and run the recovery at start up' would work, SE blocks updates from being run. No, what you have to do is get the files for recovery from inside an official SE update rar (either SE-A, SE-B or SE-C rar has them NOT the SE-B' or SE-B") and put the 1.50 eboot (eboot.pbp) RENAMED TO UPDATE (UPDATE.PBP), along with the files for recovery inside the RECOVERY folder, then run via recovery mode

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 16:52
there is now way 'just sticking the 1.5 eboot file in the recovery folder and run the recovery at start up' would work, SE blocks updates from being run. No, what you have to do is get the files for recovery from inside an official SE update rar (either SE-A, SE-B or SE-C rar has them NOT the SE-B' or SE-B") and put the 1.50 eboot (eboot.pbp) RENAMED TO UPDATE (UPDATE.PBP), along with the files for recovery inside the RECOVERY folder, then run via recovery mode

Ok... all I have in the recovery folder is the eboot file... which you say I should rename to UPDATE.PBP.

What other files go in that folder and where do I find them? This will get me back to 1.50 right?

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 17:00
lol jak, didnt see you had already posted a solution, i just done mine so could have a clean se-c install, was hopeing the prx modules would work in game but no joy still.

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 17:05
I still don't know what these "files for recovery" are and where I may find them.

I don't know where to look and no one is giving me any clues... just general answers that still keep me guess.

I know I have to change the name of the 1.5 eboot file. I just need the other so called "files for recovery" and then I'm set.

Any help???

jak66
December 4th, 2006, 17:11
just gonna upload all the files you need for recovery

mikebeaver - i find it odd that your having problems with prxs being used in games, the only time i have problems is when i tried to launch irshell (for some reasons the prxs and irshell were clashing, so i turned the prxs off, but they still work if i turn them on though)

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 17:27
just gonna upload all the files you need for recovery

mikebeaver - i find it odd that your having problems with prxs being used in games, the only time i have problems is when i tried to launch irshell (for some reasons the prxs and irshell were clashing, so i turned the prxs off, but they still work if i turn them on though)

Are you gonna give me a link to those files that you are uploading in a PM?

That would be awesome.

mikebeaver
December 4th, 2006, 18:18
do you still have the original zip folder that you extracted 2.71 se-c from?
if so go to "flasher for recovery" folder.
copy the "recovery" folder from this and put it in the game folder.make sure the 1.5 is renamed and put in there, so you will have 5 files.
now exit to recovery mode and run, its quite simple i did it for the first time today and was easy,

@Jak66...yeah the prx's were working before the weekend, then they just stopped, i cant get them to work on mine or my girlfriends PSP ive even downgraded then upgraded again as i had irshell 3.0 running for a while and also the new devhooked 3.0, could you pm me your game.txt ile so i can replace mine with that to try?

pepsolman
December 4th, 2006, 23:51
do you still have the original zip folder that you extracted 2.71 se-c from?
if so go to "flasher for recovery" folder.
copy the "recovery" folder from this and put it in the game folder.make sure the 1.5 is renamed and put in there, so you will have 5 files.
now exit to recovery mode and run, its quite simple i did it for the first time today and was easy,

@Jak66...yeah the prx's were working before the weekend, then they just stopped, i cant get them to work on mine or my girlfriends PSP ive even downgraded then upgraded again as i had irshell 3.0 running for a while and also the new devhooked 3.0, could you pm me your game.txt ile so i can replace mine with that to try?

The zip file I have for 2.71 SE-C does not have a "flasher for recovery" folder.

It has: \Memory Stick ROOT\PSP\GAME\271seflasher

and 271seflasher%

DATA.DXAR and 2 eboot files.

Also a seperate empty GAME150 folder.

That's it.

mikebeaver
December 5th, 2006, 00:28
I'll find a link for ya mate, give me a minuite and ill PM it to ya.

here is a link to the 2.71 se-c fw on the Dark_aleX OFFICIAL site, when you have downloaded this let me know and i'll walk you through it..http://www.dax.lan.st/sec.rar