PDA

View Full Version : internet help

Robertlatacz
December 4th, 2006, 21:01
Im trying to set up my internet connectivity on my 1.5 fw ( I have it set up on emulated firmware already) Im doing this because im tring to install psp vnc homebrew app. But when i set up the connection and test it i get an error saying "A connection error has occurred.(80410D09)" I think it might be something to do with my internet having a wep key and theres no space to enter it in when you set it up.

Can someone help please.

splodger15
December 4th, 2006, 21:43
What firmware are you emulating

Robertlatacz
December 5th, 2006, 16:18
im on 1.5 and emulating 2.71. It works on 2.71 but cant set it up on 1.5 when i test the connection i get an error. As i said before i think its to do with my router having password protection but theres no place to enter it when you setting it up on 1.5.

Any ideas

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 17:01
1.5 doesnt have the internet browser but you can go to network settings and set up your connection that way

Robertlatacz
December 5th, 2006, 17:09
Thats what im doing, going to settings, then network settings. But im getting a new problem my router has WPA protection but i think 1.5 only supports WEP. IS this correct? If so how can i fix it?

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 17:34
I am not sure but if that is the case have you tried setting it up in emulated 2.71

Robertlatacz
December 5th, 2006, 17:46
Yeah on emulated 2.71 theres a space where you type in WPA password but 1.5 only seems to have WEP. Im not sure if i should change my routers protection to WEP because then i'll have to change my other computer and laptop. Is there a way to change WEP to WPA?

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 17:52
I think you will have to do it through the router setup

Robertlatacz
December 5th, 2006, 18:00
YEah i no how to change from WPA to WEP but is there another easier way of keeping my WPA password and maybe installing some sort of homebrew instead that lets you use WPA?

andrewgabriel77
December 6th, 2006, 03:41
1.5 doesn't support WPA you'll have to get into your routers settings via your pc's web browser and either change it to WEP (which I'm not sure you can do) or disable the key entirely. The IP for your router should be in the owners manual it came with or available from the manufacturer.