PDA

View Full Version : Moonshell v1.50 - Multimedia Application for Nintendo DS

wraggster
December 4th, 2006, 21:02
MoonShell (http://mdxonline.dyndns.org/archives/nds/) is a multimedia player for Nintendo DS (Lite) consoles. It has support for DPG video files, MP3/NSF audio files and viewing JPG/Jpeg/BMP/PNG (non progressive) files, it also has support for TXT textfiles. MoonShell supports dualscreens and it has full support for the touch screen. MoonShell has plug-in system that allows to add any compatible plug-in just by copying the plug-in files to the appropriate folder. MoonShell also comes with several kind of useful plug-ins.

Heres whats new:

Corresponded to EZ4/DSLink. I wish to express my deep gratitude to Rudolph.
'The cartridge of enhancing the memory of DS browser' can be used for the cache memory.
The resume item was added. (sound volume, reproduction mode, and NDSLite backlight brightness)
ResumeUsingWhileMusicPlaying item was added to [System] section of global.ini. The resume is preserved while performing the tune.
The .DPG format was renewed. As for the DPG file made with a new encoder, seek is fast and the image doesn't fall into disorder either. Especially, it is remarkable in a long video.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Junixx
December 4th, 2006, 23:11
The .DPG format was renewed. As for the DPG file made with a new encoder, seek is fast and the image doesn't fall into disorder either. Especially, it is remarkable in a long video.[/INDENT]

Ah! That right there is a good update! I'll have to download it later though...

Amethyst
December 4th, 2006, 23:47
I haven't tried it but I like the sound of it. I really need a 2GB card though. I max out my 1GB too quickly and can't store a movie without drastically cutting my music library.

SVJNess
December 4th, 2006, 23:57
Uggg what happened to g6 support

kokcona
December 5th, 2006, 04:03
play list support for next update , if u plz.

Hansie
December 8th, 2006, 14:06
Great app.

canvasch
December 8th, 2006, 14:42
please make it easier to view images and zoom in... and use both screens.

Hansie
December 8th, 2006, 14:44
It says it can't find the shell folder but it's right there.

It also says it doesnt recognize dpg files or nds files.

I have a supercard mini sd.

Any solution?

canvasch
December 8th, 2006, 16:24
make sure your shell folder is on the front list of your ds... ...

everything works fine for me, dpg plays nicely.. but the moonshell dpg tool takes forever to convert... but it has awesome fastfoward/rewind...
dpgbatch is better though.... it's ALOT ALOT ALOTALAOT faster to convert movies than the moonshell one..... and the file is slightly bigger (on a 600mb .avi it was 194mb with dpg batch.. and it was 181mb with moonshell......)....

anyways...................... my moonshell.nds is in a folder called "applications" and my shell folder is not.. my shell folder is on the main directory...

anyways... hope this helped... i am using supercard minisd with everything up-to-date

Zombie11
December 8th, 2006, 20:21
I love this app, but it says It can't save on my M3 micro SD, i don't know why. A screen flashes by with possible solutions but it's too quick to read, can anyone help me with this?? PLZ thanks

Ouas
December 9th, 2006, 15:51
why does it play wav files, that's all I got.

Hansie
December 9th, 2006, 17:42
I love this app, but it says It can't save on my M3 micro SD, i don't know why. A screen flashes by with possible solutions but it's too quick to read, can anyone help me with this?? PLZ thanks

Press and hold L1 while loading.

TrizoLakai
December 9th, 2006, 18:04
Hi,

Great programm !

I have the "read error" message at the beginin but I can read all my files (mp3, ogg, dpg, ...)
I desactivate "resume" but I've the same error :(

Thank you,

Mathewie
December 16th, 2006, 19:21
I have a question: is it possible to make thumbnails for programs? like some homebrew apps, i think it would look nice!

migitman
December 17th, 2006, 15:51
How do i install it?

Bibin
December 18th, 2006, 02:11
How do you use moonshell to load homebrew roms like .nds and .ds.gba files? It doesn't know what to do with them when I select them.