PDA

View Full Version : SpeccyDS WIP News - Spectrum Emulator for Nintendo DS released

wraggster
December 5th, 2006, 01:25
CraigT (http://speccyds.wordpress.com/) posted this news:

Wow. Over two weeks without a blog entry and not a thing to show for it.

As you’ve probably realised, i’ve taken a break from SpeccyDS for a bit. Due to personal and work-related buisness I haven’t touched the source code since I released v0.2. I’m hoping to get back into it in the next week or so and, as always, I will keep the blog updated with my progress.

I have some ideas about what to include in the new version (including the new G6 fat driver. Thanks Kasimir2007, you can stop spamming my blog now ), but first off will have to be a re-write of the GUI code. During the rush to get v0.2 out with the save snapshot screen, I destroyed pretty much all of the object orientated design of the GUI. I’m going to sit down with a pen and paper and draw out a nice little diagram to get it back into a more manageable state.

There are also quite a few entries on the compatibility list that need looking at. The .Z80 snapshot reset problem may be due to SpeccyDS ignoring certain types of .Z80 file, but i’m going to have to look into it further to be sure.