PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE-C Devhooke .51 Install Guide

AtariFreek
December 5th, 2006, 03:51
Okay, here goes... some peeps were asking for this so here it is.

-2.71 SE-C Devhook Installation Guide-

Materials Needed:

PBP Unpacker or PBP Brew

The official Sony 3.01 update

psar dumper_300 Here (http://dl.qj.net/3.00-3.01-Dumper-and-Decrypter-PSP/pg/12/fid/11404/catid/114)

The new Devhook (.51)

A PSP with 2.71 SE-C Firmware (This Can Also Be Used With 1.5)

PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK

Directions:

Ok, first open the 3.01 update in PBP Brew, and extract the DATA.PSAR file onto your desktop.

Next, put psar dumper_300 (above) on your psp and drag the DATA.PSAR file into the
root of your mem stick. Run psardumper and press X.

Now when it is finished it will go back to the XMB,
plug your PSP into the computer and extract all the devhook files onto the root of your PSP (YOU HAVE TO ERASE PREVIOUS DEVHOOK FILES) drag the f0 file ( from the decrypter) from the root of your mem stick into the X:/dh/301 and click "Yes to all" when copying.

Boot up Devhook and go into the Flash Rom settings and select "install config file to flash 1"
When finished go back to the main menu and select your firmware the start.

CONGRATULATIONS

Thanks to blackrave who caught my mistake.

splodger15
December 5th, 2006, 16:05
Nice tutorial AtariFreek

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 16:24
I'd like to add in that selecting no-umd the first time devhook is ran will make fw3.01 not save your settings.
you need to run devhook once without this setting, change your fw3.01 settings (background, no key beeps etc), then exit devhook. Next time you start up devhook, it will be safe to switch on no-umd and still have devhook save your fw settings.

blackrave
December 5th, 2006, 23:51
I'd also like to add that you put the DATA.PSAR file in the root of the memory stick, not in the psar_dump2 folder.

But good guide, AtariFreek!

tuta
December 6th, 2006, 01:58
Great tut
But I dont like this devhook release it corrupted my se-c.Reset my recovery settings and corrupted the wallpaper setting in my psp.

I can set wallpapers but when I load homebrews and return to xmb or off and on psp the wallpapers gone.

I think I will wait for official release

psp fan
December 8th, 2006, 20:41
so is this confirmed working?

ExcruciationX
December 8th, 2006, 21:00
Great tutorial!