PDA

View Full Version : devhook 0.51 + 2.71se C question

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 07:49
OK, So I have the new devhook up and running with fw3.01

My only problem is, when I go back to 2.71se-c then start devhook again, it asks me to set the date, time, etc. Also it forgets about the custom background I set from the Photo viewer. This all used to save on devhook 0.46 emulating 2.71.

Does anyone else have this problem and can anyone tell me how to solve it? It's kinda annoying having to set all those things each time I boot up 3.01

jak66
December 5th, 2006, 07:57
the backgroung thing is a problem with the new devhook, it doesnt get saved so it magically disappears next time you start devhook (also happened to me in devhook 0.50 emulating 2.82)

Dont know why it keeps forgetting your registry settings though, thats weird

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 08:02
I guess it's tied into the same problem as the background not saving. Small price to pay to have new games working though

EmuChicken
December 5th, 2006, 08:23
tried setting the registry files affected with Read Only in the file properties?

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 08:44
good idea, but they were all read only already. I tried switching this off but that also made no difference.

pibs
December 5th, 2006, 09:27
I got worse problems, it loaded once then just took me to edit time,date,etc and its turned off.... after that i havent been able to open up the devhook eboot. weird dh i think ill try it later when its more stable and doesnt write to flash

weirdelf
December 5th, 2006, 09:40
I am also experiencing this problem but I dont know if theres anything we can do about it

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 09:44
the background i can live with, but having to set the date and time each time is annoying. Glad it's not just me. hopefully this gets sorted. I guess it will since this version is a 'beta'

andrewgabriel77
December 5th, 2006, 13:35
the backgroung thing is a problem with the new devhook, it doesnt get saved so it magically disappears next time you start devhook (also happened to me in devhook 0.50 emulating 2.82)

Dont know why it keeps forgetting your registry settings though, thats weird

That's not exactly true...it may be so on yours...but my DH has kept my wallpaper since first running it. When you guys first ran Devhook did you remove dh files from f1 and then flash to f1?

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 13:40
I had no files in there in the first place, it was a clean 2.71se-c.

I tried reinstalling everything from scratch, removed the DH files from flash1 and re-added them also. This made no difference.

I'm going to try my other psp when I get home incase it's psp specific.

andrewgabriel77
December 5th, 2006, 13:41
Also here's another thought...when you close DH...how do you do it? Do you press HOME to open the DH OnScreen Menu and select escape the devhook? If you just Hard OFF certain items may not be retained in the registry files

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 13:44
I tried both methods of exiting :)

andrewgabriel77
December 5th, 2006, 13:53
That is weird...I can't see any reason why it would be psp specific but may be you're right...It seems that my psp is set up the same as yours (2.71sec, DH .51, etc.) so I cant see how another psp would make the difference. The only thing I could think of is if you got a bad DL of DH or a bad dump of 3.01.

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 14:20
That had crossed my mind.
I tried the download from DCEMU and it was corrupt so I had to go to some other site (it had QJ in its URL :)

I re-dumped 3.01 when I reinstalled everything too, so unless I had two bad dumps...Perhaps I need to use a different version of the decrypter.

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 14:28
Well this just gets stranger.

I just tried my buddies PSP with the same files, same decrypter etc and his install works perfectly!!

WTF!!!

andrewgabriel77
December 5th, 2006, 14:29
that's possible...you could go to http://www.fanjita.org/psp.htmlfor the original decrypter by noobz. When I first heard about this new version of DH I downloaded it over at Maxconsole. One last thought though...did you keep that "FBM" folder in ms root? I have no idea what it's supposed to be for but I left mine there

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 14:32
Yep, FBM folder is intact.

I'm going to format my memstick, etc and start over.

steve-b
December 5th, 2006, 14:41
I may have a cause/solution. gimme a few mins to lather/rinse/repeat

EDIT: Alrighty then, here is a half-explanation

When I first installed it all, when I first ran DevHook and changed all the settings (flash to F1, FW 3.01 etc) I also picked No-UMD. This is a bad idea.

Now I have it saving backgrounds, settings etc. The only thing I did differently was not turn on No-UMD on the first devhook run. I went in changed all my settings in the 3.01FW, exited devhook, then restarted. This time, I switched on no-umd. Everything is fine. I have exited a bunch of times and it is still remembering my settings.

I have tried this three times now and can say for sure that switching no-umd on, on the first devhook run after install will break it.

I hope that made sense :)

NoQuarter
December 5th, 2006, 15:02
Nice info, thanx