PDA

View Full Version : A question that's probably already beaten to death.

soulesschild
December 6th, 2006, 00:05
I'm thinking about getting a Supercard Lite or a M3 Lite but can't decide between the two. I've read countless posts regarding teh pros and cons and still can't decide. Some say that the SC lite has updates frequently fixing problems, but I haven't heard of anything much about M3 lite software support etc etc. Also, the SC Lite doesn't seem to be a perfect fit while people say the M3 Lite is a perfect fit. Also for firmware flashing, what's the best firmware? FlashMe? WifiMe? etc? Thanks guys!

Joel92
December 6th, 2006, 02:40
ok, here i go.

i would say get the m3 lite, because one, it is a perfect, flush fit with the nds lite, and plus it comes with different color shells so you can make the actual m3 lite adapter different colors to match your ndsl, and it comes with a nds & gba adaptor, to make it so you can run the m3 lite in a nds or a gba, because it makes it the right size. anyways, it has updates come out often, runs homebrew almost absolutly perfectly, has more features, is skinable, has great movie quality.

also, if you want to flash your nintendo ds, you are going to need a flashcart (like the m3 or something) and a passme device that goes into slot 1, like a passcard 3. anyways, i dont think wifime is a firmware flash. i think it is just a way to run homebrew over wifi, but i could be wrong. anyways, i would suggest you flash your ds with the latest version of flashme.

that all i have to give out.

soulesschild
December 6th, 2006, 05:09
thansk joel! :) also, i heard its better to use the Sandisk ULTRA microsd's vs standard SDs due to its faster read/write times. true or just extra money? and its capped at 1gb on the sandisk ULTRA's micro sd right?

chemical
December 6th, 2006, 12:05
I also say get M3 Lite, i have it and its perfect, fits perfectly with changable shells. Works almost flawlessly with all GBA, DS, Homebrew, etc. Has M3 Menus and Moonshell in one, skinable. And it DOES update alot, the new update shows the thumbnail pic for each DS game (when you run a DS game and go on to the DS start menu, you know that little title and picture?, it shows them for every game) The PC software is also easy to use and never has problems.

You can't go wrong with M3 Lite.

Also, I dont have an ULTRA, I just have a regular Sandisk MicroSD 2GB, and it reads/writes fine.

kcajblue
December 6th, 2006, 23:55
M3

soulesschild
December 7th, 2006, 12:49
so I'll assume that i should use flashme v7 is that the latest yes? My friend's flashing it for me and he'll charge me a small fee which i have no idea is how much, whats generally a good "price" in your guy's opinion?

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 04:07
Yea, flashme is the firmware, wifime is a program that sends files over wifi, but i believe it requires flashme, and as of now, v8 is the latest of flashme. i wouldn't pay more than $5 or $6 dollars, as it isn't that hard, although I haven't done it.

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 04:12
old thread................

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 05:09
Man, I really should start looking at the dates of these.

kcajblue
May 28th, 2007, 06:08
yeah.
thats the first thing i check before posting.
if its really old i dont post in it.
if its only a few days to one week.
ill post in it.