PDA

View Full Version : Once homebrew on the wii is fully realized

shadowprophet
December 7th, 2006, 10:06
Do you think someone could make a decent psx emu given the systems limitations ?

if i read right somewhere the wii is just short of being as porweful as the original x-box.

im sure they could, i was just throwing the idea out there basicly.

Oh another question id like answered. could there possibly be a homebrew solution, to allow the wii to play a razafracken dvd......

quzar
December 7th, 2006, 10:51
I'm sure that the wii is powerfull enough to emulate PSX fine. Remember. DC did it ;)

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 7th, 2006, 10:54
ffs i thought it would be at least a lil bit more powerful considering the xbox 360 is like million times more potential as its predecessor, same goes for the ps3 i presume...

shadowprophet
December 7th, 2006, 11:07
@ quzar, yeah i remember the psx emu for the dc, bleem :D how could i have forgotten :o it's legend ;)

@ CORF1GHT3R yeah, the wii isnt a power house.
But believe me, your not even thinking about what few shortcomeings it has when your playing it :)

I honestly believe that this time nintendo has a chance to make it back to the top :cool:

quzar
December 7th, 2006, 11:56
As for the DVD thing, I'm sure that'll be one of the first homebrew things done with discs, as that is a major shortcoming (in my opinion). Since it has a disc drive it should be able to play CDs, DVDs, SACDs, and DVD-As. VCD and SVCD wouldn't hurt either =P.

shadowprophet
December 7th, 2006, 12:41
As for the DVD thing, I'm sure that'll be one of the first homebrew things done with discs, as that is a major shortcoming (in my opinion). Since it has a disc drive it should be able to play CDs, DVDs, SACDs, and DVD-As. VCD and SVCD wouldn't hurt either =P.

The only reason i can figure the wii doesnt play them is nintendo felt that inappropriate video discs can slip by a parent's raydar more esily then inappropriate game content :confused:

chrono75
December 8th, 2006, 21:57
Oh man, I hope I can get my Wii to do this! Then, I won't have to buy the SNES games from Nintendo, I can just emulate them! :P

bobcobb
December 9th, 2006, 17:55
The DVD capabilities are there as far as I know, but Nintendo didn't want to raise the price of the consoles with royalty fee's in order to play DVDs.

From what I have heard it will become a feature in the future, whether its a software deal for us brave souls that stood in line or restricted to later versions we will have yet to see.

Enjoying my new wii, not enjoying the finals I have next week. Oh the agony.

VampDude
December 27th, 2006, 02:15
Wii can play DVD's, theres a modchip that allows it to do so which im getting a modchip in January, and as for homebrew Nintendo keep updating the Wii software. there will be another Update for the News Channel when that becomes available, modchip is going to be (I think) the only option on Wii for homebrew (and) the only way to play DVD's

> www.wiimodchip.co.uk <

jangosolo
December 28th, 2006, 17:23
Wii can play DVD's, theres a modchip that allows it to do so which im getting a modchip in January, and as for homebrew Nintendo keep updating the Wii software. there will be another Update for the News Channel when that becomes available, modchip is going to be (I think) the only option on Wii for homebrew (and) the only way to play DVD's

> www.wiimodchip.co.uk <

Interesting, but it seems a little lacking in actual links to chips or this "wiiloader", although being able to use an external HDD would be pretty cool

VampDude
December 28th, 2006, 22:17
running an external HD next to the Wii would be worthwhile in every way possible, the ability to store all your VirtualConsole games or ROMS and even movies

quzar
December 28th, 2006, 23:14
Interesting, but it seems a little lacking in actual links to chips or this "wiiloader", although being able to use an external HDD would be pretty cool

That's because the site is BS.

the_eternal_dark
December 29th, 2006, 05:29
shadowprophet, as it stands at the moment, you may only see it through the GC SDLoad method, unless there is a modchip available in the future.

Nicko01
January 1st, 2007, 01:08
Yeah, that modchip is actually just the gamecube one.
I saw that before.

shadowprophet
January 1st, 2007, 01:42
shadowprophet, as it stands at the moment, you may only see it through the GC SDLoad method, unless there is a modchip available in the future.

I saw the video about that coders convention. it seems there is no way at the moment to execute homebrew code on the wii, however custom firmware hasnt been ruled out yet either ;)

I can imagine very easily someone going to a specail website. all of the sudden, poof an error pops up. ( you need to update your wii to blahhh blahhh) you click ok an poof. your now able to play wii-brew :)

Yami Mario
February 13th, 2007, 18:08
YAY! This makes me want Wii even more (Again)!