PDA

View Full Version : DarwiinRemote with IR-based mouse movement

wraggster
December 7th, 2006, 19:26
A modified version of DarwiinRemote with IR-based mouse movement by ian rickard (http://homepage.mac.com/ianrickard/wiimote/), heres the details:

The big deal about this version is the IR-sensor based mouse movement. For synching, I found the synch button to be much more reliable than pressing 1 and 2 (which I actually never got to work). Still kinda buggy with the setup but once it's working it works good. If you have problems getting mouse mode to work, try turning the IR sensor off and on a few times and make sure you're pointing at a strong enough pair of IR sources AND you're far enough away from them (but not too far - 5 to 10 times the distance between them should work good). I worked a little bit on the random crashes, but couldn't come up with much. At least it shouldn't crash when it quits now. General rule of thumb: if it doesn't work, quit it and re-open it.

Heres More info abou this release:

DarwiinRemote is a tiny piece of software which reads data from and sends data to Nintendo Wii Remote. It detects all 3 axis sensors, all buttons (except power). You can modify which controller LED indicator is on, and send force feedback. Right now it only supports a basic front row control scheme.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

inio
December 8th, 2006, 04:37
Thanks for the link!