PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Game: Zelda PSP (working title)

IamAbe
December 8th, 2006, 01:29
This is the news and contributions thread for Zelda PSP (working title).

Project Details: This is a topview/2d/realtime game engine that uses game-file-packs like Elder Scrolls: Morrowind. it's being designed around a zelda game that will be included with the release.

Current Version: none yet

Current News: (Feb. 5, 2007) - Thanks to Zion's inspiration, I'm continuing work on this project. I did some work on it tonight and I have a screenshot, it's not anything but it'll give you an idea of what the game may look like a little. Enjoy!

Contributions Needed:

-Plot and Title ideas

-Music and sounds from various zelda games

That's all for now, I'll keep you updated as it progresses. Please post your ideas and sugestions.

m0th
December 8th, 2006, 03:15
If you are making your own Zelda game that sticks to the Zelda universe that WOULD be tight. Don't do a clone. What would be really really awesome if it played just like Minnish but had unique equipment (randomly generated stats), sword enhancements, spells, at least a dozen sets of armor. To top it off weapons and armor should change your appearance in game. Its a ton of extra grfx but its soooo cool to buy or find a new set of armor and see the difference ingame. Im totally down with helping you with grfx. PM me.

PS: Can Zelda have a pet gained through an optional quest? Kinda a rip off of alot of MMORPGs but It would be a great addition.

IamAbe
December 8th, 2006, 07:19
nah, thats waay to rpg. i wanna keep it simple like zelda. im concidering doing an 'ocerina of time 2d' kinda thing, not really sure yet tho

dejkirkby
December 8th, 2006, 07:37
I F'n love Zelda. Impress me, IamAbe.

jak66
December 8th, 2006, 15:56
I would love a 2d ocarina of time.

perhaps this site can help out with the sprites - Spriters Resource (http://www.spriters-resource.com)
Spriters Resource Zelda Section (http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/)

IamAbe
December 8th, 2006, 19:58
I would love a 2d ocarina of time.

perhaps this site can help out with the sprites - Spriters Resource (http://www.spriters-resource.com)
Spriters Resource Zelda Section (http://www.spriters-resource.com/nintendo/zelda/)

EXEXLLENT!!! Thank you sooo much! Exactly what I needed!!!

turtleguy101
December 11th, 2006, 00:04
If you are making your own Zelda game that sticks to the Zelda universe that WOULD be tight. Don't do a clone. What would be really really awesome if it played just like Minnish but had unique equipment (randomly generated stats), sword enhancements, spells, at least a dozen sets of armor. To top it off weapons and armor should change your appearance in game. Its a ton of extra grfx but its soooo cool to buy or find a new set of armor and see the difference ingame. Im totally down with helping you with grfx. PM me.

PS: Can Zelda have a pet gained through an optional quest? Kinda a rip off of alot of MMORPGs but It would be a great addition.

that would be sooooooooooo cool............

Vibestar
December 13th, 2006, 19:42
made some other screens (Zelda a Link to the future)

jak66
December 13th, 2006, 19:51
nice pics vibestar, although the person next to the title screen image reminds me of Edward Elrick (probably mispelt the surname) from Full Metal Alchemist more than link

Gold Line
December 13th, 2006, 20:02
made some other screens (Zelda a Link to the future)

zelda wings of nature sounds good very good
and heres a idea set the game after ocarina of time with link looking for navi and how he got to Termina field

Vibestar
December 13th, 2006, 20:55
nice pics vibestar, although the person next to the title screen image reminds me of Edward Elrick (probably mispelt the surname) from Full Metal Alchemist more than link

Oops... didn't made all the sprites myself. And that link isn't mine just changed some colors... maybe it is Edward??

sedkiller
January 7th, 2007, 07:51
is there a release yet ???

mlcurly16
January 8th, 2007, 21:59
Like Zelda Classic?

IamAbe
February 4th, 2007, 20:09
is there a release yet ???
No, and there probably wont be for a while

Like Zelda Classic?
Um, a little. It wont have the same plot or dungeons as any other zelda game, its more of a zelda tribute/fan-game.

yaustar
February 4th, 2007, 21:12
Please refain from posting 'news' when you have nothing to show. If you must post about a project that is in progress, use one of the other forums (eg Development). All threads in the News section make the front page.

IamAbe
February 5th, 2007, 03:32
Please refain from posting 'news' when you have nothing to show. If you must post about a project that is in progress, use one of the other forums (eg Development). All threads in the News section make the front page.

um, this is an old thread and it's not in the news forum. thanks for the tip tho...

News:
BTW, Zion has inspired me to continue working on this project after a month or so break, so you can hopefully expect some progress and news soon :D .

SketchPCIS
February 5th, 2007, 16:56
If you still need help with story ideas, let me know. I'm something of a writer (and if you need some 'credentials' lemme know) and think it'd be interesting to come up with some.

dejkirkby
February 5th, 2007, 16:59
Why not see if Zion has any tips for you. He may be able to help. go here (www.zionmax.com)

IamAbe
February 5th, 2007, 17:26
If you still need help with story ideas, let me know. I'm something of a writer (and if you need some 'credentials' lemme know) and think it'd be interesting to come up with some.
I still havn't got a plot, im looking for something with a little drugs in it and maybe twilight/twili related. PM any ideas, im coming up with stuff on my own but you got somthing good tell me, thanx!

Why not see if Zion has any tips for you. He may be able to help. go here (www.zionmax.com)
if i ever need help with anything that i think he'd have good ideas for i'll ask. i made a zionmax account yesterday after the flame war. if theres a flame war over this game when it's released i might have to switch to zionmax/qj cause last night's events really bothered me. for now im still using dcemu cause im used to it.

stormbob
February 12th, 2007, 21:34
Im looking forward to your game IamAbe. It look very promising, good luck and keep the work up

Zion
February 12th, 2007, 21:41
um, this is an old thread and it's not in the news forum. thanks for the tip tho...

News:
BTW, Zion has inspired me to continue working on this project after a month or so break, so you can hopefully expect some progress and news soon :D .

ermm i would forget about doing this game if i were you man..

no offence or anything but i would make an original game, that way people who want it will enjoy it more....
you wont have any ip issues or debates then too...

just some advice :D

Shadowblind
February 12th, 2007, 22:10
Wow, this looks awesome! Keep up the work and we'll have a great new homebrew game! Im wonderin maybe you and Zion should maybe team up... :)

Malksta
February 12th, 2007, 23:54
Wow, this looks awesome! Keep up the work and we'll have a great new homebrew game! Im wonderin maybe you and Zion should maybe team up... :)

Oh, dont try get more work on his hands :rolleyes:

yaustar
February 12th, 2007, 23:59

News:

*blinks* I could swear this was posted in the news section. Ah well. My bad.

Agret
May 15th, 2007, 08:58
Any progress? Can you post sources?

jason215
May 15th, 2007, 09:09

U spelled good

Erkinator
January 29th, 2008, 21:31
Hey! WOW just signed up on this site, and came upon this thread. and WOW, i wish this would keep going, but this hasn't been posted in since, 1 year ago, so hows the Actual Game Going? P.M me, or Post here for the Details, PLEASE! cause im a BIG zelda fan, and can't wait till this is released.

PSPdemon
January 30th, 2008, 01:30
Welcome to over 8 months ago...

seeing as its not been talked about for quite some time... and the lack of updates it has.... its my guess its been abandoned, put to the trash, and/or just plain ceased.

Sorry to tell you that...

Also, please do avoid posting in a 8 month old+ thread... we really dont need to revive such old threads.

Thanks for Everything,
PSPdemon

VampDude
January 30th, 2008, 05:37
seeing as its not been talked about for quite some time... and the lack of updates it has.... its my guess its been abandoned, put to the trash, and/or just plain ceased.

I think IamAbe took Zion's advice (below).

ermm i would forget about doing this game if i were you man..

And did just that?

ronii1123
September 15th, 2008, 00:38
yo if you could tell me where i can get the stuff to could this xelda game i would take on the project of making a zelda oot game in 2d

Wally
September 15th, 2008, 09:13
Have you got any coding experience?
If not, it'd be too much dirt to deal with.

Wally

devinpellerin
November 10th, 2008, 13:36
ok, this determines whether or not i will buy a psp. If you finish this game, i will totally buy one. I am a huge zelda fan, no zelda, no buy.
It would be totally awesome if you could maybe do a twilight princess, an exact copy of the game for the psp. Like change the format of it to the psp, no changes at all. exact graphics (unless the psp could not run it. I will be buying the new one.)

flame0247
June 3rd, 2009, 04:04
Bring this baby to life!

CDFOREVER
June 3rd, 2009, 06:51
What is 'anime V 5'