PDA

View Full Version : General PSP help please!

mickwake
December 8th, 2006, 15:02
Guys, I have just bough my son a PSP for Christmas, don't want to open the box and read the manual but need some tips. Please bear with me I know nothing about games consoles at all. Can I download PSP games onto memory cards and play them in the PSP. Knowing Sony there must be some copy protection built in somewhere. There is lots of talk about firmware levels presumably this is to combat piracy, will my new, latest firmware purchase be a problem with downloaded games. Sorry for sounding a complete idiot, completely new to this.
Mick

dejkirkby
December 8th, 2006, 15:10
You can download HOMEBREW PSP games as long as your PSP has 1.5 or 2.71SE firmware. But as for commercially released games, downloading them is highly illegal. Please don't do it as it ruins the Homebrew Community for the rest of us.
With that said, Welcome to DCEmu.

andrewgabriel77
December 9th, 2006, 02:35
Actually you can play homebrew on any psp up to FW 2.8...

Foxmc_loud
December 11th, 2006, 14:45
Actually you can play homebrew on any psp up to FW 2.8...

With eloader??;)

dejkirkby
December 11th, 2006, 15:32
My bad, I totally for got about Noobz eLoader. Good call AG77

S34MU5
December 11th, 2006, 16:36
I think Xloader does all homebrew.

Stump
December 11th, 2006, 16:38
does any have a link to those "loaders??"

andrewgabriel77
December 12th, 2006, 04:27
they're all listed on the left hand side of the main psp page here: http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/ just scroll down past all the forums

F9zDark
December 12th, 2006, 06:39
I seriously hope that by PSP games you mean PSP Homebrew games, if not, then I am sorry, but we really can't help you. We don't condone piracy here whatsoever.

Not to mention, the only method of playing pirated games on the PSP would be difficult for any child to comprehend and one wrong move in Devhook can result in a brick (if its the flash version).

So your best bet: Just play fair and buy all the games your kid wants, if thats not an option, then don't come here telling us about it.

And besides, if its a new PSP chances are its equipped with a TA-086 motherboard, and probably 2.80 firmware, kinda limits your options some.