PDA

View Full Version : dc2pc game server worx with this?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 10th, 2006, 03:07
instead of having a pc with win2000 connected by a DC would it be possible to have a Pc with say X[P diaql into the win2000 comp with the server?

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2006, 05:43
That's useless. Try to use with win2000, but I would prefer Win98 ;)

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 10th, 2006, 09:14
wtf r u talkin about useless? will it work or not? and is the dark headed girl in ur avatar forcing that guy to touch her boob? what do u like that girl on girl force cartoons?

Cloudhunter
December 10th, 2006, 11:50
Sonic, stop being an idiot. Now, explain what the hell you mean.

Cloudy

Elven6
December 10th, 2006, 16:23
Yes it will work, heres a guide :)

http://www.consolevision.com/members/mterlouw/

O BTW: Mine would not work on XP because my DC Modem was made after a certain point, this meant that the modem took its power from a phone line instead of the DC. THe way to make it work is by soldering, something i can't do :(

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 10th, 2006, 22:55
shut up cloud i was as clear as a summer's day.. El i kno the volt issue i was asking if a winXP pc could take the place of a DC and get its net off the win2000 comp using this process.

Elven6
December 10th, 2006, 23:15
shut up cloud i was as clear as a summer's day.. El i kno the volt issue i was asking if a winXP pc could take the place of a DC and get its net off the win2000 comp using this process.

Yea Bionic you were pretty clear so I don't know what the hostilite was about, well anyones follow the guide in my previous post and youll be online in no time :)

JKKDARK
December 10th, 2006, 23:35
Yea Bionic you were pretty clear so I don't know what the hostilite was about, well anyones follow the guide in my previous post and youll be online in no time :)

yeah. you will be online in no time. but not for online games

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 10th, 2006, 23:47
yea i just wanted to make sure everyone knew what i meant. a winXP pc will be in place of the DC and i will try to harnish the other comps internet and hopefully share the line.

Elven6
December 12th, 2006, 01:13
yeah. you will be online in no time. but not for online games

Um actually you can play games online, you just need to do a extra step or two.

Read the guide for you non belivers!

Cloudhunter
December 12th, 2006, 01:26
I called him an idiot because of his hostility just because the other person said it was useless. As for your query, it should work... but there are alot better ways of sharing an internet connection between computers than a modem...

Cloudy

JKKDARK
December 12th, 2006, 01:51
Um actually you can play games online, you just need to do a extra step or two.

Read the guide for you non belivers!

I did read this guide since 2005, but I didn't get to play PSO. so I'm using dialup with a NTSC-U modem (getting 56k).

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 14th, 2006, 09:57
ok heres the problem. i dont know how to configure the XP computer since its obiously different from the DC set up. can anyone translate for me? were do i find the dns or w/e settings? and what is the success rate for this server on a win2000 comp? i just need to kno wat to do the set up the winxp comp in place of the DC to share this other comps net.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 01:00
answer me this question above me!

lo
December 21st, 2006, 01:52
answer me this question above me!
Read the instruction and configure WinRoute.
WinRoute 'shares' your PC (internet) with DreamCast.

I use WinRoute Lite and just setup the right network adapter and ->Security:
Enable local PCs to connect to shared files on the internet through WinRoute (NetBios over TCP traffic)

I did no Port Mapping.

But you have to follow the guide Elven6 posted, maybe just try it?

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 21st, 2006, 03:04
Read the instruction and configure WinRoute.
WinRoute 'shares' your PC (internet) with DreamCast.

I use WinRoute Lite and just setup the right network adapter and ->Security:
Enable local PCs to connect to shared files on the internet through WinRoute (NetBios over TCP traffic)

I did no Port Mapping.

But you have to follow the guide Elven6 posted, maybe just try it?

dude ive seen that site a million times. where on earth would i get the idea from without that site already being known to me. Let me try to explain a little harder, HOW DO I USE A PC IN PLACE OF THE DC IN ORDER TO SHARE THE INTERNET? TWO COMPUTERS SHARING THE INTERNET THROUGH A PHONE CORD INSTEAD OF A PC AND DC! AM I CLEAR TO YOU NOW?!

lo
December 21st, 2006, 06:18
Yes you are :)
Just read where the post started...

ok->
http://www.practicallynetworked.com/sharing/xp_ics/

I am not shure, but I think the server has to be a XP.

Are you conmnecting via modem or do you use a LAN network?
By the way the boop question(s) are not answered by JKKDARK :)

lo
December 21st, 2006, 06:21
... Let me try to explain a little harder, HOW DO I USE A PC IN PLACE OF THE DC IN ORDER TO SHARE THE INTERNET? TWO COMPUTERS SHARING THE INTERNET THROUGH A PHONE CORD INSTEAD OF A PC AND DC! AM I CLEAR TO YOU NOW?!

Harder to read, because of your big LETTERS or what??

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 22nd, 2006, 00:22
what r u talkin about? the post b4 ur last showed u understood. and i gotta ask the boob question. and what do u mean XP only? I got a comp with win2000 using a wireless internet and i want t5o connect a phone line from it to a comp with winxp and let it share the connection. i wanted to know how to set its features up instead of the DC's since it takes the DC's place.

lo
December 22nd, 2006, 09:06
Should be possible if your modem on the XP supports "blind dial" (maybe add "X3" to your init string to cause it to not look for a dialtone and "blind dial").

As far as I know you do not have to setup any extra IP config on your client (XP) PC, cause WinRoute or the win2000 will give the IP to the client if it connects.

Follow the guide and maybe first start a DC-PC connection and if it's running try your XP client.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 22nd, 2006, 23:45
barely any XPs support blind. thats why the win2000 is the 1 hosting the server. i just diddnt kno how to set up the XP comp.

and if its PC2PC im only using phone cords.

lo
December 23rd, 2006, 00:25
The blind dial thing has to be setup on the client modem:
Win 95/98/ME
My Computer>>Dialup Networking >> CEInternet >>right-click for Properties. Select Configure under the General tab, then select the Connection tab. Untick the box that says "Wait for dialtone before dialing".
Or if this does not work, click the Advanced button, and try adding X3 to the Extra Settings field.

Win2000/XP, go to Control Panel->Phone and Modem Options->Modem tab->Properties-> Modem tab.

I am not shure if the Voltage inducer is working for that, but you can try.

ßüboni¢ $oñic
December 23rd, 2006, 04:22
alright thanks lo. and i doubt the volt thing will be an issue.