PDA

View Full Version : Devhook .51 help

fated.existence
December 10th, 2006, 19:39
I'm running or trying to run Devhook .51 on my PSP running 1.50 firmware.

It loads like it should but when it comes to emulation 2.82 firmware my PSP does nothing. I get a black screen and then my PSP shutsdown.

Can anyone help me out?

splodger15
December 10th, 2006, 19:50
Do you have the firmware installed

fated.existence
December 10th, 2006, 20:20
Do you have the firmware installed

That could very be the problem I'm having. I unpacked 3.01 firmware on the computer because I don't have a big enough mem stick to unpack on my psp. I just copied all the files back over to my psp and going to try devhook again.

Thanks for the quick reply.

edit: Ran devhook again buyt nothing happened, I think I out the unpacked files in the Game folder. But If i remember right they need to go in a specific folder....

splodger15
December 10th, 2006, 22:38
You need to dump the 3.01 folder by extracting the DATA.PSAR and running the dumper

mikebeaver
December 11th, 2006, 00:19
Just go here and follow the simple instructions, all you need is an eboot.pbp (2.82-3.02) on the MS, on the root directory,everything else is included.http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45571

fated.existence
December 11th, 2006, 22:41
I already know how ti dump the firmware figured it out the night I posted this. The problem is my memory stick is only 32megs. So with the psardumper and the eboot and having Devhook also installed I cant dump the eboot to psar.

I have a pc based psardumper curtesy of Dark_Alex. I made the dump but I dont know the folder structure to put the dumped eboot into in the devhook folders. I.E. KD etc

I added the 301 folder myself. But when I looked at the other firmware folders I didnt know where to put the dumped eboot files.

I hope this makes sense. Too you guys.#

I also remember reading that I needed to make a eboot dump using my PSP because the PSP reads something from the files which is actualy generated by the PSP itself? ;)

VampDude
December 12th, 2006, 00:05
I already know how ti dump the firmware figured it out the night I posted this. The problem is my memory stick is only 32megs. So with the psardumper and the eboot and having Devhook also installed I cant dump the eboot to psar.

I have a pc based psardumper curtesy of Dark_Alex. I made the dump but I dont know the folder structure to put the dumped eboot into in the devhook folders. I.E. KD etc

I added the 301 folder myself. But when I looked at the other firmware folders I didnt know where to put the dumped eboot files.

I hope this makes sense. Too you guys.#

I also remember reading that I needed to make a eboot dump using my PSP because the PSP reads something from the files which is actualy generated by the PSP itself? ;)

you put the EBOOT at the ROOT of your MemStick

fated.existence
December 12th, 2006, 18:32
you put the EBOOT at the ROOT of your MemStick

I know that dude.

What I ment was how are the folders structured if Im putting the eboot psar dump onto my memorie stick manualy. I added the foder 301 in KD folder. But does the psar dump files gop in any other foler besides just 301?

Or should I wait till my gig stick comes so I can use the PSP based psardumpoer rather than the PC based dumper I already have?

mikebeaver
December 12th, 2006, 19:33
wait till you get your bigger stick dude.
I think it writes files specific to your psp, not sure what or how, but if i try use my devhooked mem stick on my girlfriends PSP, when i run 3.02 emulation i just get a bsod although it runs fine on my PSP, we both have the same firmware and card manufacturers, maybe that is a problem with the newer fw's? just an idea

splodger15
December 12th, 2006, 19:35
Like mikebeaver said you should get a bigger memory stick

fated.existence
December 18th, 2006, 21:12
Like mikebeaver said you should get a bigger memory stick

I am I did post about the specific pasr data file creation being linked to my actualy PSP, this being the sigcheck and it being generated by the PSP itself? My Gig stick still hasn't arrived, knew I should have paid for the faster delivery. lol

Anywhoo I have all the files I need just need to get them up and running on my PSP.

Thanks for the help guys

Fated.Existence

Stump
December 19th, 2006, 15:04
LISTEN UP EVERYONE::

I know, that I'm a noob at the moment, but can some one tell me excatly, STEP-BY-STEP, how I'm gonna Devhook my 3.01 ?!

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 15:40
Stump. Please take this in. You CANNOT use DevHook on your PSP. You have been told this time and time again. As soon as a downgrader, or in fact any homebrew comes available to 3.01, I will personally let you know. But until then, please stop going on about it.

Stump
December 19th, 2006, 15:47
hmm, well, sorry,, i didn't know :|
but thanks bro,

fated.existence
December 20th, 2006, 17:46
Thanks for the help guys, my One Gig Memory Stick came today, just ran the 301 firmware devhook installer getting ready to emulate and play my games again wahooooo....