PDA

View Full Version : settings corrupt after changing system settings in 2.71 emu from devhook 0.44

antriver
December 11th, 2006, 00:00
Hi all,
I'm running devhook 0.44 from 1.5 firmware (downgraded from 2.5). Im using devhook to emulate 2.71. I used the devhook044_full.rar to install, can't remember where I got it from.
The problem is when I change any of the system settings in 2.71 and restart I get the setting information is corrupt bsod. I have to copy the 271 folder back to the memory card to be able to boot again.
How can I get it to work, i'm pretty music just trying to change the system nickname in 2.71 i'm not sure about what other settings cause it to get corrupt. but if i go to reset all settings it get corrupt as well.

cha0ticbliss
December 11th, 2006, 00:23
Just install the new devhook and you can emulate 3.01 firmware

or look into installing 2.71 SE which you can run homebrew on a 2.71 firmware hybrid

antriver
December 11th, 2006, 10:09
I tired version .51 of devhook with the 3.01 firmware but couldnt get it to work.
The setup I have at the moment works but I just can't change the settings.
I might give the .51 another try later.

zubieta
December 17th, 2006, 03:54
NEVER but listen to me NEVER try to set the default settings on a devhook.
you'll get it corrupted (higher chance if you have custom files on your devhook)
and it wont recover even by copying all the dh folders, you will have to format your MS since a file gets corrupted on dh folder (in http folder) so you cant overwrite it with another dh folder, you have to left your MS blank

lesson: dont mess with emulated settings