PDA

View Full Version : Turn Stars into Wii Points

wraggster
December 11th, 2006, 15:57
More on the Stars into points news, this time from CVG (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=151129)

Finally, those pointless Star points awarded to members of Nintendo-Europe.com can be put to good use; Wii Points cards will soon be made available to purchase through the Stars Catalogue.

It's about time something cool appeared on it - apart from the occasional game, which tends to disappear in seconds, the Stars Catalogue is mostly filled with rubbish desktop pictures and midi sounds which no-one wants to exchange points for. So we're sure the Wii Points cards will be popular when they turn up on the system. Nintendo, however, were unable to disclose a date this would happen.

Even better, when you register your Wii with the Wii Shop Channel, you will be given the option to link your Wii Shop account with your account on the official site by entering your email address. Do it, because Nintendo has revealed that you will earn Stars for every Virtual Console game you download.

Wii Points, in case you don't already know, are used to purchase games from the Wii's Virtual Console, with 2000 Wii points costing around £15. NES games cost 500 points, Turbografx games are 600 points, Mega Drive and SNES games are 800 and N64 games cost 1000.

jangosolo
December 11th, 2006, 16:51
Gah!! Any dates? I'm betting the conversion rate will be pretty weak

ExInferis
December 12th, 2006, 09:46
Virtual console purchases are now appearing in Nintendo vip My Stars section. Just has a button next to it named details. Clicking the button brings up a message saying "Thank you for downloading '*****' You will soon be able to claim your stars here. "

MikeDX
December 12th, 2006, 09:47
GRRR

I cant find my login for nintendo vip and now all my stars have gone :(