PDA

View Full Version : Bricked...? (edit- BEING REPLACED FOR FREE!)

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 17:44
All I did was use the recovery menu in HarleyG custom firmware to remove the custom firmware... and now... I turn on my beloved PSP and get the evil black screen and ocasional blinking of the memory stick light :(
Any ideas or am i pretty much F**KED?

Malksta
December 11th, 2006, 17:47
Does the PSP switch back off or does the memory stick remain flashing?

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 17:51
It just stays on a black screen and does nothing mate...
I think I may cry soon!

steve-b
December 11th, 2006, 18:11
cant get back into recovery mode either?

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:18
nope cant get anything to happenI tried gettin recovery mode incase it worked but it didnt.

steve-b
December 11th, 2006, 18:19
what about rebooting it with no memory card...anything different happen then?

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:31
nope still exactly the same...

Kramer
December 11th, 2006, 18:31
sounds like you might need to flick your wifi switch up or down then try and turn it on again.

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:34
down does nothing... Up does nothing... With hold switch on... Does nothing...
I thinks I broked my PSP ain't I

steve-b
December 11th, 2006, 18:40
yeah I'm out of ideas :(

VampDude
December 11th, 2006, 18:40
down does nothing... Up does nothing... With hold switch on... Does nothing...
I thinks I broked my PSP ain't I

yup!

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:43
Damn... Ah well.. No gifts for the family this year... I need a new PSP!
Anyone wanna buy a bricked PSP? For spares or possible unbricking/Modchipping? lol
Or do SONY replace em? I only had it about 8 months.

steve-b
December 11th, 2006, 18:46
you might get away with taking it back to where you bought it. With a bit of luck and some words like 'I dunno what happened to it Mr.Shop Clerk it just doesn't work any more'

Wipe your memory stick before you do that though ;)

If you put it back to sony, I bet you'd get a non downgradable one back if anything.

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:49
Sounds like a plan! I'll give it a try and act stupid! And if they replace I might ask If they have any laying about that look like they may have been sat in the stockroom for a long time!

steve-b
December 11th, 2006, 18:51
Some other people might have other stuff to try, but if you do go for a replacement let us know how you get on :)

rolo_wwe
December 11th, 2006, 18:56
Of course! Well thanks for the advice everyone! Im off to work a particularly boring night shift without a PSP to keep me company! lol

scarph
December 13th, 2006, 22:45
sucks to suck

mikebeaver
December 13th, 2006, 23:38
Tellmthe guy in the store where you got it you were running the official update through the network update, that way its all down to sony, lol.
They should give you a refurbished psp, probably gonna be a new firmware on it though, so take it to your friendly second hand shop and swap it for an older model, even if you cant at least sony fix ur psp for free, as long as your still in the 1 year warranty.hope this helps ya.

mavsman4457
December 13th, 2006, 23:48
Tell us how it turns out. I was kind of looking into buying a bricked PSP but it would depend on the price. I am curious to see if there are any downgradeable PSP's out there though.

Gene
December 14th, 2006, 01:46
uh oh...I think i have harleyG's custom firmware... i don't want to brick my psp...could i just upgrade it, to say...2.0? would that remove it?

hujiko
December 14th, 2006, 01:49
yup sounds like you brko it hope you have the insurance

M!ckeY
December 14th, 2006, 02:36
uh oh...I think i have harleyG's custom firmware... i don't want to brick my psp...could i just upgrade it, to say...2.0? would that remove it?
Why in the world would you want to remove it?! The only way to brick it is if you decide to do some tampering with it and have no idea what it is you're doing.

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 03:07
Why in the world would you want to remove it?! The only way to brick it is you decide to some tampering with it and have no idea what it is that you are doing.

half the people here don't know what they're doing, I think it's kinda funny when some n00b messes up their psp down to doing something they don't know cause they're all for people feeling sorry for them when they're well and truely bricked (well I don't feel sorry for anyone or anything - including the 3 legged dog). any bricking of a psp is down to the user, NOT the manufacturer and NOT whoever coded the program. n00b's never learn!

mavsman4457
December 14th, 2006, 04:14
half the people here don't know what they're doing, I think it's kinda funny when some n00b messes up their psp down to doing something they don't know cause they're all for people feeling sorry for them when they're well and truely bricked (well I don't feel sorry for anyone or anything - including the 3 legged dog). any bricking of a psp is down to the user, NOT the manufacturer and NOT whoever coded the program. n00b's never learn!

Whoa chill dude. It's not like you were never a noob. Don't disrespect people who aren't as knowledgable as you and say that they won't ever learn just because they got unlucky and decided to try something they weren't ready for. If he bricked you don't need to get mad at him.

VampDude
December 14th, 2006, 04:29
Whoa chill dude. It's not like you were never a noob. Don't disrespect people who aren't as knowledgable as you and say that they won't ever learn just because they got unlucky and decided to try something they weren't ready for. If he bricked you don't need to get mad at him.

I did'nt get mad at him, I just stated a point that n00b's are dumb and should'nt be playing around with what they don't know...
...there's at least 5 n00b's a week here who brick their psp's then ask for help, they need to know why their psp is bricked and that it's no-one else's fault but their own!

Destroyer699
December 14th, 2006, 04:32
For future reference to all HarlyG CFW users, if for some demented reason you want to remove it, use Slashers Unflasher. Trust me.

Mr. Shizzy
December 14th, 2006, 06:49
Or try a full SE-C installer. That worked for me. (several times...long story)

pibs
December 14th, 2006, 07:05
yup go with SE-C its one of the best recovery modes ive seen on the psp.

rolo_wwe
December 15th, 2006, 07:51
I did'nt get mad at him, I just stated a point that n00b's are dumb and should'nt be playing around with what they don't know...
...there's at least 5 n00b's a week here who brick their psp's then ask for help, they need to know why their psp is bricked and that it's no-one else's fault but their own!

wooaaah! I can play around with things I'm not ready for If I want to! And just because I bricked my PSP doesnt mean I'm dumb! Just means I dont care about if I brick it or not... The reason I asked for help was to save me having to got out and get another one...
Hell I could afford 1000 of the bloody things if I really wanted that many.

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 15th, 2006, 08:57
wooaaah! I can play around with things I'm not ready for If I want to! And just because I bricked my PSP doesnt mean I'm dumb! Just means I dont care about if I brick it or not... The reason I asked for help was to save me having to got out and get another one...
Hell I could afford 1000 of the bloody things if I really wanted that many.
lol joo like contradicted urself because earlier u said that u wont be able to buy presents for teh family since u hafta go get another psp. lolz...

mbr7
December 15th, 2006, 09:38
lol joo like contradicted urself because earlier u said that u wont be able to buy presents for teh family since u hafta go get another psp. lolz...

Haha True..:o

rolo_wwe
December 19th, 2006, 09:13
Ok Ok... So I lied a little! And I guess I am a little dumb!
haha If only I could afford thousands of them!

(Edit)
I just phoned sony and told them my PSP turned off during a network update and won't work anymore...
Tomorrow... A "re-manufactured" PSP will be at my house... No charge what-so-ever in return for my old PSP! How cool is that...
Whats the betting its got the newest firmware on it or a ta-082/083 mobo in it! lol
I'll sell it if it has.

M!ckeY
December 19th, 2006, 09:23
I believe it will be a TA-082 motherboard with firmware 3.02.

rolo_wwe
December 19th, 2006, 09:25
Damn... That will suck more than a hooker with debts! lol I'll sell it probably like I said and purchase an older one from ebay!

steve-b
December 19th, 2006, 09:42
at least you're getting a free replacement :)now don't brick this one! :)

juggaleaux
December 19th, 2006, 11:56
Damn... That will suck more than a hooker with debts!

hahahahahha... i have to say that in real life next chance i get!

mikebeaver
December 19th, 2006, 15:40
Ok Ok... So I lied a little! And I guess I am a little dumb!
haha If only I could afford thousands of them!

(Edit)
I just phoned sony and told them my PSP turned off during a network update and won't work anymore...
Tomorrow... A "re-manufactured" PSP will be at my house... No charge what-so-ever in return for my old PSP! How cool is that...
Whats the betting its got the newest firmware on it or a ta-082/083 mobo in it! lol
I'll sell it if it has.

Ya its likely to have a newer firmware of a homebrew unfriendly mobo, but there is always a chance they will send you the gift of a 1.5, lol.
Back in the days of the original playstation, i had to return mine with a faulty laser, they gave me an original 1st batch console, where you just had to go to the CD screen and put tape on the switch to run imports, ha ha ha lmao for days.

MattZani
December 19th, 2006, 17:34
im never fiddling with my PSP, because its got no warranty, and the company i bought it from's been shut down by sony :(

i salute the people who do all this trickery :D

rolo_wwe
December 19th, 2006, 19:08
Well fingers crossed It's "homebrew friendly" but I'm not holding out for it lol. Still any PSP is better than an expensive paper weight!