PDA

View Full Version : Waiting for my psp

judge
March 24th, 2005, 16:04
I bought a jap PSP on Monday from electricbirdland.co.uk. I got the value pack with ridge racer for £258 (Think this was a bit pricey but i wanted to get it from a trusted source). However I was told it would be here by easter but I'm not holding out much hope. Has anyone else had dealings with this company? I tried GBAX.com but i never got any relpy when I phoned them I had just a constant answer machine message. Very poor PR so I plumped for electricbirdland who had a better value pack bundle aswell.

leggy
March 24th, 2005, 16:31
It's Easter this weekend - not that long to wait.

i would hang on and wait for a few days.

judge
March 24th, 2005, 17:12
I'm going away tonight until Sunday or monday so I won't get my hands on it until next week. I'm just too inpatient because I thought it would have been delivered by now. If it does arrive Saturday I won't be here and it will be rattling around with good old Royal Mail until I collect it. Should have ordered it last week I suppose.

Happy Easter.

Crack open the beers.

meloe
March 24th, 2005, 18:25
I didnt even think royal mail delivered from bank holidat friday till monday

judge
March 30th, 2005, 21:30
IT'S HERE AT LAST.

Hadn't had much chance to play with it yet because had to charge it. Ridger Racers looks amazing and the machine itself looks class. Wicked handheld. Only thing that has really p*ssed me off is the screen guard that i bought. £10 and it kept holding air bubbles all over the screen. I kept applying it but the air bubbles would not go away so i ripped it off. Rubbish. Also why is the soft case so small. It hardly holds the PSP and Sony couldn't be bothered to give it a zip. Other than that I'm very impressed so far.

Vimes220
March 30th, 2005, 21:45
congrats on your new purchace. was it a jap one, do you suffer from a dodgey square button, dead pixels or any other problem that the hand held is supposed to be affected by (god i even heard squeky buttons mentioned)

SalTheWop
March 30th, 2005, 22:24
I bought my Jap PSP two weeks ago . No dodgy square button , no dead pixels and no squeaky anything :)

leggy
March 30th, 2005, 22:29
Sal - no probs with my Jap machine either!!

judge
March 30th, 2005, 22:47
It was a jap. Square button seems ok and can't see any dead pixels so far. Having probs importing video but will have a look at it tomorrow. Gotta get some kip.

Ta Ta.

imac
March 30th, 2005, 23:42
I ordered my PSP from ElecricBirdLand on the 23rd. They state they have them in stock and have taken my money. They state there has been a huge response for the PSP and they dont know when it can be delivered.

I have my doubts as to whether they have any in stock. Has anyone else placed an order with them and when and more importantly received their PSP.

Cheers

jhenry_uk
April 12th, 2005, 17:01
I can now safely say they are crap, Ive been waiting since 28th of march and still nothing, status changed to dispatched a week ago but nothing, tried emailing them twice and phoning them twice, nothing, DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

Vimes220
April 12th, 2005, 19:02
i won't rub it in but i ordered mine 3 days after you and recieved it yesterday, FROM HONG KONG VIA AIRMAIL!!!! ring up and complain if i were you

jhenry_uk
April 12th, 2005, 19:13
their phone seems to be just automated, so not much use really

jhenry_uk
April 16th, 2005, 17:44
It finally arrived yesterday, no dead pixels what so ever! and was already version 1.5, guess japs are making that standard now or something.