PDA

View Full Version : The most painful looking Wii injury to date

wraggster
December 12th, 2006, 02:16
via joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2006/12/11/the-most-painful-looking-wii-injury-to-date/)

We (still) have a Wii problem despite stronger controller straps as once again we're reminded that common sense does not come standard when playing Wii. Just read the below account as one guy gets hopped-up on liquid courage and allegedly nails his girlfriend in the eye while playing Zelda resulting in the purple growth monstrosity you see above. Amazingly, it was followed by a smile instead of a night on the sofa.

In the boyfriend's own words: "After guzzling a copious amount of 'wife beater' (Stella Artois), I returned home to find the girlie in mid battle with a Zelda 'Boss'. In my inebriated state, it was instinctual to become her knight in shining armour. I proceeded to take the controllers off her and fight the beast myself. Unfortunately, my courage was far greater than my skill. Having taken a good kicking, Liz then tried to intervene with disastrous results. She approached me from the side, appearing from my blind spot, whilst I was performing a slashing movement. I hit her with full force right in her eye!"

For reals? Possibly, but if the dude wasn't swinging the remote with his left hand hitting her in the right eye, someone has some explaining to do.

Screenshot of the injury via comments

skater9269
December 12th, 2006, 02:20
wraggy in zelda you have a sword move with the nunchukka (sp?) but I have never seen anyone swing it like that lmao.

jstush04
December 12th, 2006, 03:24
oh my gosh! horrible! I'm definitely not buying a wii now!

Junixx
December 12th, 2006, 03:34
Ow...I almost gagged when i saw that :rofl:

Gizmo356
December 12th, 2006, 03:38
ill wtf is that

ICE
December 12th, 2006, 04:56
holy crap.

kcajblue
December 12th, 2006, 05:14
that must have hurt.

Graxer0419
December 12th, 2006, 07:19
There is no way a Wii remote would cause that!

alienanthropologist
December 12th, 2006, 07:24
She looks happy! :rofl:

I want a Wii so bad. :(

ExcruciationX
December 12th, 2006, 08:23
Ow...I almost gagged when i saw that :rofl:

Yeah, so did I, LOL. :D

Accordion
December 12th, 2006, 08:38
having a wii myself...i believe only really really stupid people will be able to do any damage wth the remote

kaffie
December 12th, 2006, 14:25
I'm sure then 99% of these Wii remote accidents are bs. Most likely made up by people desperate for attention or even early adopters of potential Lawsuits requiring "evidence."

Eye Toy never caused so much trouble not even with all the flailing, punching monkeys, assualting Ninjas, kicking, excercising, frantic cleaning of windows etc.

I do admit my niece has punched my nepwhew in the face while playing Eye Toy games but I think it was plain opportunism rather than an accident.

Still, I'm waiting for the fuss caused when someone makes some nice knife attachments for the Wii remote.

MikeDX
December 12th, 2006, 14:40
next week, people will be blaming the hole in their ass on the wiimote...

Accordion
December 12th, 2006, 16:44
ive been waiting for people suggesting the Wii promotes gun crime because of the shape of the remote...

ExcruciationX
December 12th, 2006, 16:59
...Still, I'm waiting for the fuss caused when someone makes some nice knife attachments for the Wii remote.
Yeah, LOL! :rofl:

Is'lan
December 12th, 2006, 17:41
I just think this is getting ridiculous. But at the same time, I feel like praising Nintendo for releasing a product to help cut down on the number of dumb people through the act of natural selection. Wont take long before a good deal strangle themselves to death with the cable between the wiimote and the nunchuck. Where's your Darwin now, *****?!

AtariFreek
December 13th, 2006, 04:47
Lol Mike, i can see it now...

"I was just playing Zelda, when i made a swing with the wii mote, and WHAM!!!! Now I'm suing Nintendo for the hole in my a$$, as well as the crack that seems to be spreading throughout my A$$.