PDA

View Full Version : Questions for SuperCard

LegolasFett
December 12th, 2006, 06:45
I just purchased a SuperCard miniSD and a SuperKey and have some questions regarding it:

1. Can it support miniSD cards OVER 1GB in size? The web site for SC is confusing on this topic. I would like to get a 2GB and a 1GB card but would have to get 3x 1GB cards if it does not support 2GB and up cards.

2. To play NDS and GBA games do I need to convert them? I just read another topic and it said I do if they are rips. What constitutes a "rip"?

3. I was reading here:
http://www.dualscene.net/viewpage.php?page_id=26
It states that you need to make/put 2 files in order to save on to the SC. Is that still true? If so does EACH game need its own pair of those files? How do I make those files?

4. Is there a way to compress the NDS/GBA roms AND have them work still with the supercard? If yes what do I need to get to do that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for so many questions, these just kept coming up in my head over and over.

PhoenixCat
December 31st, 2006, 18:39
1. It can support a 2GB card, BUT it causes more problems. Better safe than sorry.

2. I have no clue. I have to convert all of mine, I just figured that's how they came. I haven't made my own files for my games. I get them elsewhere.

3. You have to have a .nds file and a .sav file to play and save NDS games.
For a GBA game you have to have a .gba file, a .sav file, AND a .sci file. Sheesh!
And I have NO clue how to make them. Hence me using other people's roms for the games I have.

4. Again, not sure. Sorry.