PDA

View Full Version : MS has 'no defence' over bricked 360s

wraggster
December 12th, 2006, 15:57
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=151326)

Following a class action lawsuit against Microsoft regarding 'bricked' Xbox 360s - caused by the fall dashboard update - one of the lawyers involved in the case has said Microsoft's only defence would be "we're Microsoft, and we can do anything we want".

Speaking to CVG brothers in arms Next-Gen.biz, Brian Kabateck, senior partner at Kabateck Brown Kellner said "I don't know what [Microsoft's] defence possibly could be. They screwed up, and there's no question that this [update problem] happened. How many people it happened to, we don't know, but my firm has been contacted by almost 400 people since this became public."

The October 31 360 update caused problems for more than a few gamers, and a huge 76-page complaint thread can still be found on the Xbox.com forum. Many victims of the 'bricking' bug have contacted Microsoft, only to be told they will have to pay for the 360 repairs themselves.

Some onlookers have criticised the legal action as lacking evidence, though according to Kabteck a blog post referring to the problem by Microsoft's own Harry 'Major Nelson' Hyrb could be used as evidence; "[Those posts] are an admission of the problem. ... They acknowledged this problem. [Microsoft] may have excuses for this, but they acknowledged this problem.

Luckily for us, our Xbox 360s are still working fine.

Microsoft is yet to respond to the lawsuit.

10shu
December 13th, 2006, 01:24
My 360 brun about 3, 4 weeks ago...microsoft remplace it for free...but the new one burn within a week!!!

what happen with this update???...I have my 360 from day one and never have anyproblem before this...