PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu UK News - New Server and 8 Years Old

wraggster
May 30th, 2012, 00:26
Hi all been very busy lately, that old real life thing gets in the way, i was that busy i forgot to celebrate our 8th birthday of DCEmu UK, DCEmu UK was the first site to combine both the best of the Homebrew and Emulation scenes and that of the Commercial scenes and new releases of games and hardware for every console along the way.

Thankfully even 8 years later we are still going strong, sadly the homebrew scene isnt the madness we seen at the height of the PSP, DS and Dreamcast Scenes but like everything it will return, the double barrel of IOS and Android has tempted many homebrew coders to release their software on there and hope to get some cash back for it, you cant blame them but hopefully a new console will be cracked and all those people and many more will return once more.

Looking around the homebrew scene you see many of the biggest sites now took over by big commercial companies, whilst they present a better site and more polished news it does seem to kill the scenes, add to that many of the big names in both homebrew and emulation have gone to the wall, even sites i used to have wars with (although it was rather fun) have disapeared.

Consoles now with their online updates have made it harder for us to crack, with the exception of IOS and Android, the rest seem very stagnant.

In other news DCEmu UK has a new much faster server which should keep things ticking along much nicer, sorry to those who were waiting for the DNS to update to recieve the new server, thanks to Martin for keeping the site and server going and protecting us from those who seek to harm the site.

Thanks to all those who visit and all those over the last 8 years who have contributed to the network, heres to a long future and hopefully some great homebrew on all new consoles :)