PDA

View Full Version : Sony willing to compromise on Blu-ray vs. HD-DVD?

wraggster
March 25th, 2005, 13:40
Is Sony opening the door to some sort of truce between Blu-ray and HD-DVD? It’s seems way late in the game to be talking about unifying the two warring high-def disc standards, esp. considering how much HD-DVD and Blu-ray hardware is already in the pipeline, but incoming Sony prez Ryoji Chubachi said an interview earlier today that they “haven’t totally given up on the possibility of integration or compromise,” and that Sony, which is backing Blu-ray hardcore, understands that having “two rival formats is disappointing.” (You can say that again, brother.) This is actually the second time this year that a top Sony exec has indicated that they’re willing to work things out with the companies that are backing HD-DVD (like Toshiba and NEC), but the question is, what are they going to do to make it happen? If there was an easy or obvious compromise to be found it probably would have happened already. Where was all this conciliatory talk two years ago?

psplover
April 2nd, 2005, 03:19
Everyone who wants a PS2 already owns one. I think they should remove PSone/2 support to lower the cost. Have PSP umd movie audio and game support but only if it detects a psp connect via usb controller ports. If they wanna add psone support it could be done threw total emulation as a 4ghz cpu is more than enough to emulate and enhance psone games.

scrabbus
April 3rd, 2005, 21:14
very confusing again from Sony, is it me or have sony just went against the grain on these things since about 1977??? BETAMAX anyone, I love th sound of the new format, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna fork out more cash for a different set of home movies etc

psplover
April 6th, 2005, 06:53
Why do you need another DVD player. Just be happy you have blue ray disk instead of HD-DVD. One can hold like 20GB(hd) the other can hold 50GB. Only game I can think of right now that needs Blue ray is IIDX RED. 350 songs plus 350 dvd resolution videos..... Game uses uncompressed wav files too so yeah. should be about 40GB just like the HD image of the arcade version of the game.