PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SE C, iRShell 3.0, & DevHook .51

CT_Bolt
December 13th, 2006, 20:45
I have firmware 2.71 SE C.

Problem:
I run iRShell 3.0 and select 'Launch Devhook' but, nothing happens. A while ago when iRShell & DevHook were lower versions this worked no problem for me and it booted strait to the XMB of the last firmware I launched.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/1625/snap0002oe5.png

Now it does nothing.

I think the new file structure for devhook is what causes this problem. I'm pretty sure someone has fixed this problem though.

Question:
Do you know how to Launch Devhook to the last firmware launched by selecting the icon in iRShell 3.0?

Please respond.

opiate81
December 13th, 2006, 21:05
Sorry man its not supported yet
although in the beta testing forum of IRShell it looks like Ahman has updated IRShell to include support for .4X and .51 devhooks as well as making the IR piece of the app work with 2.71 SE
so heres hoping we see another killer release soon!!

CT_Bolt
December 13th, 2006, 21:52
Oh ok. I'm fine with that I guess.
Yeah let's hope for another update soon.:thumbup:

scarph
December 13th, 2006, 22:36
i love the way you phrased your question
pics and all

great asker, no one would call you a noob

"HOW DO I RUN D3Vh00k on mah psp, it dont wokr"

CT_Bolt
December 14th, 2006, 00:31
i love the way you phrased your question
pics and all

great asker, no one would call you a noob

It almost sounds like you are being sarcastic but,
I don't think you are so THANK YOU, you're very kind.:o

Yeah that's how I could have said it, but then who would want to help.:rofl:

scarph
December 14th, 2006, 00:36
no no im not being sarcastic
im tired of
people

CT_Bolt
December 14th, 2006, 01:24
Oh I know man. Yeah I am sick of that too.
I wish every one could just clearify the question in just 1 post.

andrewgabriel77
December 14th, 2006, 03:14
here's a thought...has anybody tried renaming the devhook eboot folders from __SCE__DH051BETA and %__SCE__DH051BETA to __SCE__DH_ENG and %__SCE__DH_ENG since the only thing in the game folder is the eboot...i don't see any reason it wouldn't still work...it's not like it's writing anything to those folders just reading the executable

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 18:05
nice idea andrew, but unfortunatly its not the eboots thats the problem, as CT Bolt said in his first post, the new devhook is different (well actually he said folder structure is different)
1) the devhook extra folder is in dh/05/kd rather than dh/kd
2) 0.51 also has the dh/05beta folder for the config now
3) (NOTE:FWV stands for FirmWare Version)the firmwares are organised different. On dh 0.4X firmwares are FWV/flash0/, FWV/flash1/, FWV/IPL/ FWV/reboot.bin.
In devhook 0.51 however its FWV/F0/, FWV/F1, FWV/F0/PSARDUMPER/ and FWV/F0/reboot.bin respectivly
4) Firmware dumps are now sigchecked whereas in 0.4X they wernt, which means different TXT folders to load prx's from

when you consider these changes, and the fact that ir shell doesnt use the eboot (its built in, maybe because some people may use different folder names for the eboots)

oh, and before you try, simply moving the KD folder from dh/05/ to dh/, dont bother, it just freezes the PSP