PDA

View Full Version : ta-082 2.71se-c reverse devhook and a stupid question

saint24
December 13th, 2006, 21:59
i know that you cant have a 1.5 firmware on a ta-082 psp but why could you not install 2.71se-c via reverse devhook using a 1.5fw emulation?

like i said probably a stupid question but hey, worth asking if you dont know eh?:D

mine is already on se-c but i bought my missus a ceramic white one and (stoopid me) didnt check if white ones were ta-082 and she wants to play pacman and sonic on it, that way i get mine back.

any replies welcome.

saint24
December 13th, 2006, 22:20
just had a thought.
i know a downgrader needs kernel access but would you need it to overwrite 2.71 with 2.71se-c? think i am going to probably answer my own question in saying yes but i cant even program the damn video never mind anything else

cha0ticbliss
December 13th, 2006, 22:26
Nah, you can't overwrite it without kernal access. The emulated 1.5 is running purely off the memory stick.

I thought there was once a way to downgrade a TA 2.71 by changing to 2.6 then running the softdown. I suppose the softdown stopped because it was too risky....

saint24
December 13th, 2006, 22:42
Nah ookm stopped doing them because of all the crap he was getting via email calling him names and stuff which is a pity coz hes up there with the best, anyone who can make a "modchip" deserves respect (if your reading Ookm have i grovelled enough for a softdown? ) ;)

there must be something someone hasnt thought of and whats the betting its sooo simple

andrewgabriel77
December 14th, 2006, 04:14
The only option you have is to either use HEN (homebrew enabler) or one of the eloader/xloader programs. Unfortunately the TA-082's have somehow managed to block firmware downgrades beyond 2.5.