PDA

View Full Version : what will work with the max media DOCK

Collyn
December 14th, 2006, 06:23
The dock not the player. It is just the CF card reader. Does anyone have any suggestions for good homebrew games that will run on the max media dock. another question I here alot of complaints about incompatibility of the max media line but does anyone no why some games apps don't work. I have found about half work but it is getting tireing not finding anything that works. everytime i get excited about one it turns out it doesn't work. Like glider the grafics seemed like they were going to be great for a homebrew but then it frezzes in the startup screen

Joel92
December 20th, 2006, 14:46
it is just because of FAT support. the built in emulator on the mmd is just not very powerfull, AND the mmd does NOT have any ram, which is a crusial part in playing homebrew if you do not have a very fast compact flash card. it tries to read the information straight from the card, and because of that the data is not read fast enough for the game to work, thus making it freeze up. with ram, like on a supercard or m3, when you play homebrew, the homebrew file is loaded onto the built-in ram in the flashcart from the sd or cf card, and then run, letting it be run at much faster speeds.

there is your explenation.

Polarbear
January 5th, 2007, 23:27
how do u know which compact flash card is fast, as u say. which CF should we buy?

bobtheninjaoffood
July 4th, 2007, 21:35
i would suggest
whee
ndssports
nitrotracker
snemulds snes emulator
monky
suomitetris
futuristic ds racer
naruto magical drop
a touch of war
3d world gen
phidias
beup
moonshell
MegaETK
extreme onslaught
Warlords
Yoshis bad Brother
Mario war
Hope you like them
oh yeah, some need dldi

metroplex2k7
July 4th, 2007, 23:01
I have the Max Media Dock with 2Gb CF at 120x, it runs great. Do not get the SanDisk Ultra 2, screws up for some reason.

As for games, the MMD will run Snes, Nes, Genesis, and some GB color. But as for NDS games, you will need to patch them, which only works on about 35% of the games out there. Hardly any newer games.

From the research I have been doing, if you want something that will play movies, music, emulators, and almost 100% nds game compatibility, you will have to go with either the M3 or R4.

I'm planning on getting one of them, just can't decide which is better, as you can see from one of my threads.