PDA

View Full Version : dead pixel or not?

leigh
March 25th, 2005, 12:51
i have a jap psp but i have small constant black spot on the centre of the screen, i have read that dead pixels only appear in a constant colour of either red/green or blue or combination of, and that a black mark could be a screen bubble????????? or dust or a piece of foam from the screen edging. has anyone had or resolved this problem, and how easy is it to get inside the psp screen?

tidusuk123
March 25th, 2005, 14:17
you have a dead pixel mate. if you get a constant coloured pixel e.g. a green dot - then that is a stuck pixel - either way both are pretty annoying but i prefer stuck pixels over dead cos they are harder to notice.

leigh
April 22nd, 2005, 20:10
just a quick update to say my dead pixel fixed itself after having my psp for 2 1/2 months, it does come back but if i bend the psp slightly itvgoes again. RESULT WOO HOO:)

William Smith
April 22nd, 2005, 20:23
Not sure if bending your PSP is a good idea.

All this dead pixel thing got me going and I believe I may have a dead pixel that is only visible as a white dot on a black background but please read on.

It is very near the right hand edge but when I look at it with a magnifying glass it looks more like a speck of clear crap under the plastic screen rather than a dead pixel (pixels clearly seen under magnification).

But I ain't about to take it apart as I will probably end up with more bits between screen and LCD display.

William

leigh
April 22nd, 2005, 21:34
when i say bend, i dont put it over my knee!, i just flex the screen slightly and the pixel lights up

SchmuckofNI
April 22nd, 2005, 22:01
horrid so dead pixels can happen at any time even if when you buy a system that originally didn't have none?

tidusuk123
April 24th, 2005, 15:45
whoaaa!! Bending/Flexing the screen is a risk! Trying to fix just ONE pixel problem may f-up your psp console - that's when you will have something serious to fix. I wouldn't worry about 1 pixel problem because many people have at least one...

criptix
April 24th, 2005, 17:45
actually i got lucky since i sold my jap psp and got a us... no dead pixels just a spec of black under the plastic

tidusuk123
April 25th, 2005, 01:41
criptix, just a quick question. did you experience the us psp square button to be different to the jap psp in anyway? my square button on my (sold) psp did not feel like the other 3 buttons.

criptix
April 25th, 2005, 04:34
it feels a little diffrent not much tho. Still feels like its off center a little. plus the right trigger sticks.