PDA

View Full Version : Wii is "more of a novelty", says Sony

wraggster
December 14th, 2006, 17:04
Not uncommon for the company, Sony has once again talked down the competition this morning, calling Nintendo's Wii a "novelty".

The comments come from SCEA's senior director of corporate communications Dave Karraker, who in an interview with the Wall Street Journal said "We feel very confident that the PlayStation fan is going to wait until they can get a PlayStation 3. If they do pick up a Wii, it's as more of a novelty."

Of course back at this year's E3 show (RIP) in May, Sony was praising Nintendo for its console's bold new direction, but we're sure the phenomenal European launch numbers has forced the company to change its tune.

The PlayStation 3 is officially penned for launch in Europe in March 2007.
via cvg (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=151764)

SwordOfZork
December 14th, 2006, 19:05
Yeah, its typical SONY attitude to talk down to competition, customers, and investors.

I'd like to point out: They are currently getting their asses kicked in terms of sales by this "novelty."

Jonesyxxiv
December 14th, 2006, 20:04
After playing Zelda anyone can tell that the wii isnt just a novelty. Zelda prozes the Wii can have full awesome and tradition games as well as awesome new possibities.

Shadowblind
December 14th, 2006, 21:12
Who cares what Sony thinks. You? No? Well what about you over there? No? Yeah I thought so.

Sony has no right to talk bad about the Wii.

MikeDX
December 14th, 2006, 22:57
I love how the touch screen on the DS is a novelty, yet it has wiped the floor with the PSP

THey say the Wii is a novelty and compare it to dance stage and lightguns..

Must be just like the "novelties" on the ps2.. like singstar, buzz, eyetoy...

Sony, You had better get the PS3 out soon in europe otherwise this novelty is going to have your market share already eaten up!