PDA

View Full Version : Help a total newbie out!

perverted_monkey_x
December 15th, 2006, 02:38
Alright, here's the situation:

I finally broke down and purchased a PSP (been out of the gaming loop since Nintendo 64, so yeah, I'm old) from E-Bay. The seller offered the PSP unit and 10 games.

What he neglected to mention is that those games were on CD and not the original mini-disks.

Before I attempted to run the games, I downloaded the latest firmware to the PSP, v. 3.02. However, after having done so, I have since learned that the games won't run on 3.02, so now I have the boatload of games (ISOs and CSOs) without any way to play them.

I've heard about DevHook or whatever, but as total newbie, I have no idea how to use it. Is it possible to use it now that I have installed Firmware 3.02? If so, what do I need to do?

And please, talk to me like I'm 12. No, actually, talk to me like I'm old 32. It'll make more sense that way.

Video_freak
December 15th, 2006, 02:40
Well, he gave you isos, which are illegal. Report him to eBay first. Then, get your money back, for there is no way to run them on that firmware right now.

Destroyer699
December 15th, 2006, 02:49
Piracy is baaaad.

perverted_monkey_x
December 15th, 2006, 03:05
Ouch ... Didn't know that ... and that explains why he's no longer listed on E-Bay.

Thanks.

keefurxxcore
December 15th, 2006, 03:15
try going to gamestop or eb games and buy a used psp, since they are updating them try and find a friend who will trade or another store or something, then make sure the firmware of the psp is less than 2.80, 2.71 or 1.50 if you want devhook. if you want to downgrade the firmware, to get the "golden firmware" of 1.50, make sure its not a TA-082 you can check this if you pop open the UMD tray, and look in the top right corner. if they are gold numbers and letters it is a TA-082. DO NOT under any circumstances try to downgrade a TA-082 or you will brick it. bricking a psp sucks, its when it won't boot, or the psp's internal flash is all messed up and won't load ANYTHING. rendering your psp useless. if you need mroe help PM me or try googling youitr questions

andrewgabriel77
December 15th, 2006, 04:44
What's truly sad is that he went and upgraded what was probably a 1.5 to 3.02....it makes me want to cry.

VampDude
December 15th, 2006, 05:20
Ouch ... Didn't know that ... and that explains why he's no longer listed on E-Bay.

Thanks.

report him to ebay customer services, then file a dispute on paypal - which paypal can get to people who no longer exist on ebay whereas ebay can't!

mikebeaver
December 16th, 2006, 01:25
That truely sucks dude, this is half the reason sony hate the homebrew scene, coz all people wanna do is pirate games!

Video_freak
December 16th, 2006, 01:35
The worst part is that hundreds of these auctions go on everyday, and no one says anything about it. :(