PDA

View Full Version : Im just a messenger, supposed 2.80 downgrader beta.

hawke213x
December 15th, 2006, 17:53
Link removed. Read below as to why and good call. Sorry bout that.

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 18:10
wont work, that file is probably a fw 1.5 dump
reasons it wont work
1) PSP filer is written for firmware 1.50 ONLY. It uses firmware 1.50 kernal mode, which means it wont work on any other firmware
2) Still need to write a 1.50 IPL to the...IPL. Apparantly that needs kernal mode (im no coder, so i dont know)and there is no kernal mode on 2.80...yet

F9zDark
December 15th, 2006, 18:11
I have a gut feeling this wont work and many people will end up with bricks.

Its not like this came from someone reputable like ookm or Dark Alex. This came from a total unknown within the scene and without even a shred of any information to his tests with this or anything else.

Immediately this is suspect and I think you should remove the link from your post; many eager downgraders will want utilize this and may end up with bricks. Not to mention, it was my understanding that TA-082s couldn't be downgraded, which is why ookm was taking so long to make a downgrader specific to that motherboard.

Now unless you care to test this for the benefit of the entire PSP community, I hope that would remove the link so as not to have a pandemic on our hands.

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 18:21
another reason why it wont work
3) Its just that guys flash0 from his devhook folder, so that means the firmware files are decripted and the txt files try to load modules (prx's) from the memorystick that are only for devhook

there is no way that that "degrader" will work and i suggest that you remove the link as F9zDark suggested

hawke213x
December 15th, 2006, 18:23
I did.

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 19:01
sorry, didnt see you edited your post