PDA

View Full Version : I know this sounds crazy.....

hawke213x
December 15th, 2006, 18:31
I know this sounds crazy.....
What if someone were to create a program that bricks the PSP intentionally but it also downgrades it? Of course add a recovery mode to the program, but....I dunno, it kind of just hit me...?

Like downgrade by bricking? Or Semi bricking, anyway?

jak66
December 15th, 2006, 18:58
still...need...kernal...mode

EDIT:Actually, im not sure, now i think about it, if they could bypass the security again and run a 1.50 update (like the 2.0 degrader-but did that one use kernal mode?) then they might not need kernal mode to degrade

Camelot
December 16th, 2006, 00:17
For a person to create any kind of app for the psp there must be a way to run homebrew... since there is no way of doing that yet, there is no way to downgrade that psp. So its not about finding an app that will downgrade... its finding a way for that app to even be opened.

Anger
December 16th, 2006, 01:48
its the chicken and the egg for the digital age.

to be able to downgrade we need kernal homebrew, but currently if you have kernal homebrew you dont need to downgrade anyway.

the guy above me is correct - to run any program (not made by sony) you need an exploit of one kind or another so a downgrader isnt possible without a kernal level exploit. without an exploit the program cannot run and without a kernal exploit no downgrader either.

splodger15
December 16th, 2006, 10:40
Like what everyone else said for downgraders to come we need FULL KERNEL ACCESS and without that we cant do nothing

hawke213x
December 16th, 2006, 12:10
Alright alright....just thinking outsiode the box. Sorry.

ICE
December 16th, 2006, 14:44
well next time stay INSIDE the box!