PDA

View Full Version : Cps2, Cps1, and neogeo MVS compiled

gunntims0103
December 16th, 2006, 01:55
earlier NJ updated his sourse code to cps2, csp1, and neogeo mvs.

Apocalyptic980c has been so kind as to compile the source into Eboot for download.

:thumbup:

The file c68k.c took a while to compile for each of them but here they are!

view more here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=302562&posted=1#post302562)

download and give feedback via comment

shedeus
December 16th, 2006, 02:29
dumb question...

is this for 1.0 or 1.5?

User or Kernel?

XioN980
December 16th, 2006, 02:41
1.0 or 1.5 Custom Firmware or 2.71SE, if you dont have these get the program PSP Brew, manages PBP's quickly and easily and with a good GUI

dcorreia
December 16th, 2006, 02:59
1.0 or 1.5 Custom Firmware or 2.71SE, if you dont have these get the program PSP Brew, manages PBP's quickly and easily and with a good GUI

Would it be possible to have user mode versions of these compiled?

For 2.80 users and eloader0995.

.:PSP1.0:.
December 16th, 2006, 03:17
You need to recompile the cache files for Cps2 anyone got the new converter? :D

Veskgar
December 16th, 2006, 05:27
You need to recompile the cache files for Cps2 anyone got the new converter? :D
Good question... If there is a new converter needed, it would be helpful to know where to get it.

Much thanks to NJ for his great Emulators.

dcorreia
December 16th, 2006, 05:54
Good question... If there is a new converter needed, it would be helpful to know where to get it.

Much thanks to NJ for his great Emulators.

It's in the source.

Panini
December 16th, 2006, 08:36
So do we need to use the new conerter supplied and re cache everything again or are 1.61 file ok?

And just confirm are these all the kernel versions?

.:PSP1.0:.
December 16th, 2006, 10:09
Hey guys worked out that you can use the converter which was included in his last release of Cps2psp just use that one.. you can also get his last release here.. http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45867

Mr. Shizzy
December 16th, 2006, 10:58
Does anyone know the change log for these releases?

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 13:36
Thanks Gunntims for posting and thanks Apocalyptic980c for compiling. Now the change log would be quite cool . . .

I'll try this out later on today . Nice work NJ ! I thought that the last build of CPS2 was perfect , , how the hell does this guy find room to improve?

tuta
December 16th, 2006, 14:24
Whats the difference anyway?
1.61 for both cps2 and mvspsp was perfect why the sudden 0.01 update to 1.62 ???

Baboon
December 16th, 2006, 15:40
Whats the difference anyway?
1.61 for both cps2 and mvspsp was perfect why the sudden 0.01 update to 1.62 ???

Well I guess that if NJ's compiled a new build it must be for a resaon cause he's spotted something that needed tweaking? Theres no need to re-cache the files from the previous build so its pretty easy just replace the last eboot anyway. :D

On the Neo Geo 1.62 Ive found that 'Super Side kicks 3' now plays and looks as it should, when before (even with raster effects on) the football pitch used to freak out and make the game unplayable.

The only emu on 1.62 im having any trouble with is for CPS1. The emu loads fine and i can play a game but as soon as I go to quit out of the game and go to try another by selecting the option 'return to file browser' it freezes my PSP then eventualy shuts down? ...Ive installed this on another mates 1.5 psp and it does the same thing too. :( No doubt this bug will be discovered at some point and NJ will update the emu again. lol ...until then i'll stick with the previous CPS1 build as this seemed perfect anyway.

Xcalibur
December 16th, 2006, 16:00
The only emu on 1.62 im having any trouble with is for CPS1. The emu loads fine and i can play a game but as soon as I go to quit out of the game and go to try another by selecting the option 'return to file browser' it freezes my PSP then eventualy shuts down? ...Ive installed this on another mates 1.5 psp and it does the same thing too.
Yeah the same thing happens on my 2.71 se-c. Its alright though 1.61 is perfect for me.

grit
December 16th, 2006, 17:29
Metal Slug 4 still crash at the bike part.
Maybe it is not fixable at all, I've reported it to NJ...

Everything else is just perfect!!

fucht017
December 16th, 2006, 18:59
In Terry Bogard stage(Garou)at round three,i still noticed some weird framerate problems with the bridge sections...Did you guys noticed that?.Not a terrible thing.But beceause everything runs so smooth you want it to be (almost) perfect.;)

BazzaLB
December 16th, 2006, 22:46
Would someone be so kind as to explain how to get an uncompressed/unzipped mvsc cache to be recognised by the CPS2 emu? It seems to only recognise zipped cache files, but mvsc suffers from the odd pause in gameplay with my zipped cache. I am keen to see if unzipped cache makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated as I have tried unzipping the files straight to the cache directory, unzipping to a directory called mvsc under the cache dir as well as trying unzipping to a dir called mvsc_cache under cache dir. Nothing seemed to work.

hack.fool
December 16th, 2006, 23:11
Metal Slug 4 still crash at the bike part.
Maybe it is not fixable at all, I've reported it to NJ...

Everything else is just perfect!!

I had the same problem .. try different bios :D

grit
December 16th, 2006, 23:44
I had the same problem .. try different bios :D

Really??!!!

Can you say what's the one you selected from the menu?

I spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out. :confused: I've tried even asian bios, japanese, etc..

And the strange thing is that for two times (in hundreds) it didn't crash.. :confused:

I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to the right bios.

I've tried uni.bios 2.1 with the same result..

TIA! :D

M-Lin
December 17th, 2006, 02:07
Really??!!!

Can you say what's the one you selected from the menu?

I spent the last 2 days trying to figure this out. :confused: I've tried even asian bios, japanese, etc..

And the strange thing is that for two times (in hundreds) it didn't crash.. :confused:

I would greatly appreciate if you could point me to the right bios.

I've tried uni.bios 2.1 with the same result..

TIA! :D

Europe MVS (Ver.2) works for me :)

grit
December 17th, 2006, 02:24
Europe MVS (Ver.2) works for me :)

Realy??!! You mean like allways work at the bike part?!

It worked twice for me with Europe MVS v.2 (only twice from hundreds of times)...

Being trying to figure this out for hours.. :confused:

tunglashor
December 17th, 2006, 03:32
Would someone be so kind as to explain how to get an uncompressed/unzipped mvsc cache to be recognised by the CPS2 emu? It seems to only recognise zipped cache files, but mvsc suffers from the odd pause in gameplay with my zipped cache. I am keen to see if unzipped cache makes any difference. Any help would be appreciated as I have tried unzipping the files straight to the cache directory, unzipping to a directory called mvsc under the cache dir as well as trying unzipping to a dir called mvsc_cache under cache dir. Nothing seemed to work.

Recent versions of the cache generator include a "cps2conv.bat" file. If you use that to create your cache you should find it creates a single "mvsc.cache" file which goes in your cache directory. This way you get an uncompressed cache contained in a single file instead of a whole directory (and you'll certainly notice the difference with a game like mvsc).

matt2k
December 17th, 2006, 11:01
NJ just put up a little update on his site. He mentions that if you use the Unibios, (which he does not recommend) some games will have errors/glitches in them. Metal Slug 4 was mentioned as one of them. Just use a standard MVS bios.

Bigmill
December 17th, 2006, 13:46
Source is now at 1.63 on NJ's site

BazzaLB
December 17th, 2006, 19:46
Recent versions of the cache generator include a "cps2conv.bat" file. If you use that to create your cache you should find it creates a single "mvsc.cache" file which goes in your cache directory. This way you get an uncompressed cache contained in a single file instead of a whole directory (and you'll certainly notice the difference with a game like mvsc).

Thanks. That makes a huge difference with msvc. It plays perfect now.

luxoflux
December 19th, 2006, 06:12
Everything plays like a charm and it looks nicer on the psp. Beautiful work.

Ennohex
December 26th, 2006, 07:37
I wonder if NJ can do a port of his emulators to the PS2. It still feels a little surreal to be playing these games perfectly on a PSP, almost like it's not supposed to be. I'm truly amazed. The CPS1 emu works better than Capcom's Collection UMD!

neosan
January 4th, 2007, 13:25
Do Nj's emulators work with the new firmware by Dark alex? I am still at 1.5, wondering if i should upgrade to 3.03 that dark Alex released.

Baboon
January 4th, 2007, 13:32
Do Nj's emulators work with the new firmware by Dark alex? I am still at 1.5, wondering if i should upgrade to 3.03 that dark Alex released.

Yep everything that was on 1.5 works spot on. The only prog I've had any probs with is Irshell, but I reckon this will be fixed soon.

Bite the bullet and upgrade... you wont regret it! :thumbup:

ahken
January 7th, 2007, 11:32
how to use it?