PDA

View Full Version : PSP: PspIrDA 0.0.2 Beta 4

blackrave
December 16th, 2006, 13:26
Mat17 has released a new version of the great application PspIrDA which lets you transfer files through IR from one PSP to another or to and from cell phones, PDAs, etc.

Here are his notes for this beta version:

This is a debug version but more verbose than the previous one. It will produce 2 files : dump.log and debug.log in the '/PSP/GAME/pspirda' directory.

So the instructions:
- start the homebrew
- align the devices before starting the exchange
- do only one transfer (send for example)
- exit the program
- send me dump.log, debug.log at [email protected]

-repeat the operations for the inverse transfer (receive for example)

I need your feedback!!! Working or not working. Without you I can't improve my homebrew.

He has also made a little compatibility list which shows that many Nokia and Siemens phones seem to be working with this, while Sony Ericsson phones are having problems.

Therefore, he plans to release a series of beta releases and is counting on everyone's test logs and reports to make it work better. So please, send your test result logs to [email protected] so he can improve this.

Download via comments
Via mat17 (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-wip-pspirda-002-beta-83389.html)

Amiga
December 16th, 2006, 15:13
just tried to send a file via my sony ericsson k750i mobile and couldnt get it to work :(

Baboon
December 16th, 2006, 15:19
It also fails to work with on my sony ericsson k800i.

Nice idea though. :)

I look forward to seeing some more betas.

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 16:24
I was waiting for this!!!

And wow... what a downer.

I also own a Sony Erricson (quickshare flip phone... I dont know the model, not too "into" these mobile phones these days") and NO JOY.

Weird thing is... my friends Nokia works perfect with it, as does my Girlfriends Sagem . . .

No sony model seems to work. Strange.

blackrave
December 16th, 2006, 16:37
Sony Ericsson aren't working that good at the moment, no. That's why Mat17 needs your log files sent to him. ;)

I'm about to try it out on my SE K300i. v0.0.1 didn't work, though.

Post-post:
Awesome, it worked! :D
I'm gonna tell Mat17 about this, he will be happy. I successfully sent a Max Payne image from my K300i to my PSP. Haven't tried the other way or anything else.
It took a few tries to get it there, though, but this is really improving!

After that again:
Now it works even better, but note that it only sends from the phone to the PSP, not the other way ... Yet. I've sent Mat17 the log files. He will be pleased to hear this. :D

mr.gonzito
December 16th, 2006, 16:55
since this goes through IR could you possibly use it to capture ir signals from a remote to be used with irshell or ir commander?

Vega
December 16th, 2006, 17:05
Blackrave . . how do I create a dump log ?

edit - lol.. wasnt until I pressed "send" that I found that "dump log" is quite funny

Kvonx
December 16th, 2006, 17:38
yo dis worked whilke recieving only.............but hey gud idea worked on nokia 6101

aradroxar
December 16th, 2006, 19:40
has anybody got to work from psp to psp?

blackrave
December 17th, 2006, 00:47
Yes, I got it working from my dad's PSP to mine just fine.

It's quite slow, though.

mavsman4457
December 17th, 2006, 01:03
since this goes through IR could you possibly use it to capture ir signals from a remote to be used with irshell or ir commander?

This is the most needed feature in a remote control application. Why can't it be done? It would be so easy and convenient to not have to deal with RDF files.

StealthCP
December 17th, 2006, 21:19
LOL! :D

Some people cannot read AT ALL! Guess what? This is a program to allow file transfer between phones and PSPs! :o And it should be able to do remotes? That's like saying Microsoft Office should be able to make paper, because you can't be bothered buying any. lol

There are already programs for the PSP to capture stuff from infra-red and send it, so you can control your TV. Look before you slabber, common fools.

And everyone complaining about their Sony Ericsson phones not working? But it's STRANGE that their friend's Nokia works? Catch a bloody grip. If you didn't read the line...

He has also made a little compatibility list which shows that many Nokia and Siemens phones seem to be working with this, while Sony Ericsson phones are having problems.
Heh. You'd think someone wouldn't drill it in enough. Sony Ericsson phones do not work right now. Boo hoo. Next time, finish reading the post before quickly downloading this app straight to your PSP and complaining that it doesn't work.