PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Updates

mavsman4457
December 16th, 2006, 19:41
Has anybody else held off on the firmware updates in hope that we will soon see an exploit? It's hard for me because of the demos that I can't download. When the GTHD demo comes out I will have a tough decision on my hands.

juggaleaux
December 25th, 2006, 04:55
i wouldn't upgrade over some demos.

i mean look how good things turned out for patient PSP owners. :)

Destroyer699
December 25th, 2006, 05:01
I will slap you if you upgrade.

thaforgottenone
December 25th, 2006, 10:23
Has anybody else held off on the firmware updates in hope that we will soon see an exploit? It's hard for me because of the demos that I can't download. When the GTHD demo comes out I will have a tough decision on my hands.

yup...that is the same deal im looking at right now...ever since i got my PS3 it came with 1.10 i think...i never up graded because of that hope of seeing some exploits...ahhaha but dang im a raceing game fan

Mr. Shizzy
January 3rd, 2007, 08:56
I just bought a PS3 today. It's version 1.10. And I'm definently not updating. (I've already warned everyone in my family not to touch the Network Update Icon) I'll be damned if I'm gonna wait around for downgraders this time. (I learned the hard way with PSP :P)

F9zDark
January 10th, 2007, 14:46
I updated. Yeah yeah I know it was stupid. But we heard long ago that Sony is developing a Developing Platform to make games and programs that run from the XMB. (It was on here a few months back; but EVERYONE on the forum seemingly missed it, even though I made a huge deal about it... Or maybe people didn't care...)

keyrat
January 14th, 2007, 15:10
yea, um, if you reformat your PS3 it wipes all the updates that you've downloaded (i think) so I don't see what the big deal is. as long as you don't buy a new ps3 with the new updates already preinstalled, I don't see what could be the problem.

F9zDark
January 14th, 2007, 20:42
yea, um, if you reformat your PS3 it wipes all the updates that you've downloaded (i think) so I don't see what the big deal is. as long as you don't buy a new ps3 with the new updates already preinstalled, I don't see what could be the problem.

The firmware of the PS3 itself is already flashed to the PS3 after running it. So formatting the HD doesn't get rid of them. It does however, get rid of game updates.

IndianCheese
January 16th, 2007, 03:31
Go ahead and update to whatever firmware MotorStorm requires. But thats it. :-)

potatoman
January 16th, 2007, 20:28
any1 who wants hombrew can update as far as they want, its gonna b like psp, one software purchase will allow all homebrew, YDL. it will be the liberty city of ps3... im just praying it comes out in uk... (prays silently)
i didnt kno bout the dev kit, that was interesting...

mavsman4457
January 17th, 2007, 03:16
I have upgraded to 1.32 and I am really hoping for an exploit or some kind of hope soon even if it means that I have to buy a new PS3 with 1.10 on it or if it means that I have to wait for a downgrader. Ideally it would be that PS3's full potential could be used on any firmware through Linux but I would take anything that I can get.

kratos316
January 22nd, 2007, 05:16
hey, i upgraded to 1.32, am i ok? or am i screwed? i hope i'm ok, i'm sticking with 1.32, and hoping someone creates a cheat device like the one on psp!

F9zDark
January 22nd, 2007, 07:11
Well since no exploits for homebrew have been found, I dont think it matters much. Plus there is a supposedly HUGE update coming to coincide with the Euro release (word has it that it will make the PS3 a very formidable Media Center device). So really not updating just limits you in the end as far as using your PS3.

Then again, by not waiting you forfeit any homebrew abilities, if they ever arise.

Its a tough call, but since I am at the current firmware already (1.32 I think) it doesn't really matter...

kratos316
January 23rd, 2007, 16:43
theres another update coming tommorrow (1/24/07). if i have my internet plugged in my ps3, will it update the firmware automatically without telling me? also if you have 1.32, they confirmed that your safe! the iso loader works with firmwares up to 1.32! DON'T UPDATE TO 1.5 until they say it's okay!

penileartery
January 29th, 2007, 01:04
theres an iso loadeR? i want it, explain to me how it works, thanks!

Fear and Loathing
January 29th, 2007, 22:34
I was going to update to 1.5 anyway, but I couldn't seem to sign into the PSN until I had updated.

F9zDark
January 30th, 2007, 03:51
I did some research on it and man is that some ****ing bullshit. I cannot believe that a group would 'research' an exploit for the SOLE purpose of pirating.

OK it can play backups, if one has linux installed... But still, this is just ridiculous. No 'Hello World' or anything decent like that, just straight to the PS3 destruction via piracy.

I hope better, more legit things come out of this rather than simple piracy... :mad:

kratos316
February 4th, 2007, 00:31
i won't be using the loader, i'm buying all my game. i'm just glad they could hack the ps3, cause now there's a chance of them creating a cheat device for ps3! that's all i really care about!

hksrb25s14
March 5th, 2007, 11:37
I'll just get a mod chip when it comes out, all this FW stuff makes my head hurts.

potatoman
April 17th, 2007, 18:43
not 2 bothered about isos, but i think its a fake. besides, i would update if i need 2, but only for online play.

F9zDark
April 17th, 2007, 19:21
I updated to 1.60. I got tired of waiting for exploits and loaders that aren't coming out.

Besides I feel a sense of nobility lending my PS3 for the Folding@Home project. And Background Downloading is awesome. I have yet to try Remote Play, because my PSP is still at 3.03 OE-C (I like my theme, but I need to research all that is needed to get 3.30 OE working with custom themes.)

But I was impressed with this update. WMA playback is also in, allowing me play CDs that I have ripped with Windows Media Player.

Just wish they'd throw in some DivX and WMV playback...

potatoman
April 17th, 2007, 19:27
same here, bg downloading is awesome! divx probably wont happen, but u could use ps3video9 (google it!) like i do, its great!

F9zDark
April 19th, 2007, 07:37
1.70 is out now, nothing really big in it, but now we can play PS1 games we bought in the store on the PS3 and can send our savedata for said PS1 games, back and forth between PSP and PS3.

Pretty good deal for those who bought some titles. I might have to pick up one now :P