PDA

View Full Version : Nanodesktop for PSP/PSPE

wraggster
December 16th, 2006, 22:35
Filippo Battaglia (http://visilab.unime.it/~filippo/Nanodesktop_PSP_PSPE/nanodesktop_PSP_PSPE.htm) has released his Nanodesktop for PSP/PSPE, heres the full details:

Nanodesktop for PSP/PSPE allows you to create window applications for Sony Playstation Portable console (TM).

Two versions for real PSP and for PSPE

One of the most critical problems in PSP programming is to create homebrew code for real PSP and for PSPE emulator.

PSPE emulator (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspe.htm) is actually the only PSP emulator that we have. But PSPE, in reality, isn't a real emulator for PSP. You can run only few homebrews with PSPE. The source code of homebrews for PSPE and for real PSP is quite different.

Using Nanodesktop for PSPE you can write homebrews for PSPE in a very simple way. The library hides to user many of the troubles of programming under PSPE environment.

Furthermore, Nanodesktop hides to user the differences between C code for PSPE homebrews and for PSP homebrews. This means that you can write a program in C code and you can run it on PSPE and, after a simple recompilation, on a real PSP without any changes.

A complete environment for PSP Programming

We'll provide you tecnology for integrations of PSPE Emulator in Dev-C++ (www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html).

You'll write your C code in Dev-C++ environment and you'll test your program using PSPE Emulator. When you have finished debug phase, you'll change a simple parameter in Dev-C++ and you'll obtain a new homebrew ready to run under real PSP platform.

Nanodesktop features

Nanodesktop is a library for programming embedded systems. It was written in C language for maximum performace.

- Supports HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) for easy portability under any platform;
- Supports routines for creating, destroying, maximizing, minimizing windows;
- Supports text over bitmaps (overscan), trasparency, wallpapers;
- Supports load, save and show of images;
- Supports mouse emulation on PSP;
- Supports virtual keyboard emulation on PSP;
- Provides two types of File Manager (T1 and T2).
- Code for buttons, scroll bar, menù
- Supports icons and file classes;
- Supports API for system information;
- Support for drawings routines (fill, rectangle, circle, ellipse);
- Support for fonts;
- Support for trackbars and progress-bars;
- Support for web-cam

Image Support

Nanodesktop is released in two version. The ordinary version, has integrated only support for load/save BMP images. The DevIL version, integrates an internal interface that uses the code of DevIL (TM) library to load and save different formats of images (GIF, JPG, PNG, PNM, PSD, PCX, ICO, TGA, SGI, TIF) .The final version of DevIL is downloadable here: http://openil.sourceforge.net/

The original version of DevIL isn't compatible with Nanodesktop. We'll provide a modified version of the library, that you can download with the DevIL version of Nanodesktop.

Download Here --> http://visilab.unime.it/~filippo/Nanodesktop_PSP_PSPE/Downloads/Downloads.htm (64MB)

mavsman4457
December 17th, 2006, 00:06
This sounds pretty good but in summary it means?

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 01:24
This sounds pretty good but in summary it means?

It means that it's pretty much useless unless you use the emulator. It's basically a cross-compiler that can be used for either PSP or the emulator PSPE.

Apoklepz
December 18th, 2006, 14:45
So....you can make/code homebrew in C and it'll work on both PSPE and PSP?

Does this support homebrew games as well?...Cuz I only read window applications.

Anyways, this sounds very useful...can't wait to see what kind of homebrew will come out of this.

Pegasus2000
December 18th, 2006, 14:48
So....you can make/code homebrew in C and it'll work on both PSPE and PSP?

Yes, it can. You understood perfectly.

You can view some applications in our site.

Apoklepz
December 18th, 2006, 14:53
Thank you Filippo...I'm downloading now to see if I can make something simple...just know the basics of C, so this is a fresh start for me...I've always wanted to make a 2D sidescoller action game for PSP for some time now...so I guess your Nanodesktop should help me out.

For some reason, the page www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html could not be found on my browser...is this happening to anybody else?

Pegasus2000
December 18th, 2006, 15:35
Thank you Filippo...I'm downloading now to see if I can make something simple...just know the basics of C, so this is a fresh start for me...I've always wanted to make a 2D sidescoller action game for PSP for some time now...so I guess your Nanodesktop should help me out.

For some reason, the page www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html could not be found on my browser...is this happening to anybody else?

The page works perfectly for my browser at this
moment.

Apoklepz
December 18th, 2006, 15:39
Hmmmmm....okay, I guess I'll try at home later. Thanks again.