PDA

View Full Version : What Systems would you like to see emulated on Dreamcast ?

wraggster
March 26th, 2005, 09:01
Bearing in mind they need to be a realistic choice, but theres some systems not emulated yet.

quzar
March 26th, 2005, 09:29
gamecube.

fackue
March 26th, 2005, 09:43
gamecube.
Yay most def.

The VMU (with a working rom selection menu).

timofonic
March 26th, 2005, 11:21
X68000 and if possible, up to X68030...

Christuserloeser
March 26th, 2005, 18:59
I would love to see new versions of the emus for the already emulated systems: MAME and NeoGeo, CPS1, in short: everything that uses Z80 and M68K...

quzar
March 26th, 2005, 19:22
I would love to see new versions of the emus for the already emulated systems: MAME and NeoGeo, CPS1, in short: everything that uses Z80 and M68K...
that is all in the works.

wraggster
March 26th, 2005, 19:25
vic20, amstrad cpc and even GBA

maybe another stab at a psx emu with pvr coded in asm

Christuserloeser
March 26th, 2005, 20:05
About the PSX emu - that would pretty hard, why not getting something arranged with the GOAT store and a new bleem!cast single game release?

quzar
March 26th, 2005, 21:20
from the little i know, they have a hard enough time getting these homebrew games out.

wraggster
March 26th, 2005, 21:27
a new bleemcast is a real no no

Hevyduty
March 26th, 2005, 22:38
The thing I'd like to see more than anything else is improvement/refinement of the MESS-based emulators. So Atari Lynx, Atari 7800, Intellivision, Vectrex, etc. If you're an old Atari fan, the two-player simultaneous play mode of Asteroids and Centipede on the 7800 is a must-have.

As for new emus, I'd love to see some of the PC pinball emus ported to the DC. Like Visual Pinball and/or PinMAME. If someone could pull that off, they'd be literally providing us with years and years worth of entertainment.

Oh, and more development for playing Build Engine games--like Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Blood--on the DC.

Ok, I think that's enough wishful thinking for one day.

-HD

DARKGATE
March 26th, 2005, 23:17
My classific preference (news emulators)
----------------------------------------
1) AMSTRAD CPC
2) BBC ELECTRON
3) VECTREX
4) GAME WATCH NINTENDO EMU
5) VIC 20
6) NEO GEO POCKET

My classific preference (emulators near to complete)
--------------------------------------------------
1) AMIGA EMULATOR
2) ATARI ST
3)PC ENGINE
4) NEO GEO CD
5) SUPERNINTENDO (BUT I THINK WICH NEVER CAN BE PERFECT)

------------------------------------------------
for the MAME a version wich work a lot of new games ( TIGER ROAD, PYSICH 5, AND CPS 1

^_^ I PREY every day for those emu, and for the coders wich are GREAT MEN THANK AT ALL.

The atari LYNX is vomit of console, rubbish games at part BLUE LIGHTING is rygar, BLEAH shit of console :|

Christuserloeser
March 27th, 2005, 01:12
I think there's a Armstad CPC emu already available here at DCEmu Uk ;)

DCDayDreamer
March 27th, 2005, 03:36
VIC 20, that would bring back so many fond memories.

BlueCrab
March 27th, 2005, 18:12
Sega Saturn.... Oh wait... I should get some work done on that again. :D

DaMadFiddler
March 27th, 2005, 18:36
To be perfectly honest, I'd rather just see the current batch refined and "perfected", rather than introduce a new batch of rough ports.

-NeoGeo CD. I know Quzar's been plugging away at this one, and he has a few nifty surprises in store for it...should be a damn good program by the time he's done.

-PCEngine/TurboDuo. I want my Drac X :D

-Gameboy Advance. GPF started on this, and got himself so bogged down in projects it's a wonder he gets anything done at all ;). It'll be quite a boon if/when this one finally makes it out, though, as it opens the doors to the *other* huge console development community and all their enticing wares.

-Super NES. Yes, it would be nice to see DreamSNES or SuperFamicast polished and brought up to full speed. To be perfectly honest, though, I don't expect it to ever happen.

-NES. We already have a great NES emulator, but I think most folks will agree with me here that NesterDC SE is going to kick ass and take names when it finally lands. Probably one of the most anticipated projects currently in the works.

-Genesis. BlackAura has taken this leaps and bounds in the last several months, thanks to a number of factors. Can't wait to see the end result.

-ScummVM. I just like this thing :D. And it's constantly improving.

...Oh, and a Game & Watch program would probably be a simulator, not an emulator. Emulation for something like that would be both tricky and a waste of time, when you could just code clones of the games much more easily.

obelisk
March 27th, 2005, 22:24
ok...

New Emus/ Runners i want/ would like:
-Visual Pinball or VpinMame, would be totally awesome, ive done couple of tables meself.
-Tiger Game.com: is it possible?
-Commodore Vic20
-Bally Astrocade
-LED, LCD and gamewatch games from the 80s would be hella rad, or a thing that can "simulate", or whatever the old LED games, like the coleco Mini arcade games.
-the GBA emu, i know gpf started this, and then he got hella bogged down, this is just a wish list, not a demand.

hmmm, what else/ improvements/ modifications what i'd like to see in current emus or already released emus:
Intellivision: I'd like a better menu, easier to run, voice and full speed if possible, auto seelect a basic sound setup, throttleing, etc, and eaiser rom/ menu exit/ return system.
Vectrex: speed up, better menu, rom selection system, auto select sound qaulity, so you can just start the emu, select a rom, and go.
Atari Lynx and 7800: better speed, auto select sound quality, etc, same like above.

Atari 5200 & 8bit comuter emu: An easier to use menu and rom/ cart/ tape/ disck image selector for it, with auto system select, and auto-reboot to start games up real simple, like nester.

a commodore 64 emu that doens't crash, (i may get my butt kicked for that last couple words), or a patch for us NTSC people.

Sound / more on: PlusIVEDC, the commodore plus4 emu?

also, this is a wierder thought i have: in gnuboy, when you're playing the black and white games, wouldn't it be cool to: a) not have the off-white b) be able to set up a little color selector so that you can choose what you want for black, and for white, ie: white = black and black = red would be like virtual boy, orange n black for halloween (old mono monitors too) and green = black + black = white so it would look like the old green screen mono PC / Apple monitors.

please don't ban me, these are just wishes. yes i'd like fullspeed snes too, but, i dont want to get in trouble.
thanks.

Matisfaction
March 28th, 2005, 19:14
I can't wait for the PCE emu, Even if it just ran Hu cards it would be amazing. That and also by quzar, The Neo Geo CD emu is looking fantastic.

I'm also looking forward to Blackaura's MD emu.

quzar
March 28th, 2005, 19:29
I can't wait for the PCE emu, Even if it just ran Hu cards it would be amazing. That and also by quzar, The Neo Geo CD emu is looking fantastic.

I'm also looking forward to Blackaura's MD emu.

um... i DID finally release a preview of it. plays hucards and isos....

Matisfaction
March 28th, 2005, 23:24
Yeah tried it.

scrabbus
April 1st, 2005, 19:59
PC engine without a shadow of a doubt, its probably the one console that should be pretty uncomplicated to convert as the architecture of the original was simplicity itself. I also have it on VERY good authority that the Snes can indeed get to 100% on the dreamcast, the only reason it hasnt was that the original DreamSnes coders were too busy to finish it, Trust me the dreamcast can handle the snes at 100%

Christuserloeser
May 1st, 2005, 13:46
The thing I'd like to see more than anything else is improvement/refinement of the MESS-based emulators. So Atari Lynx, Atari 7800, Intellivision, Vectrex, etc. If you're an old Atari fan, the two-player simultaneous play mode of Asteroids and Centipede on the 7800 is a must-have.[...]

[...]hmmm, what else/ improvements/ modifications what i'd like to see in current emus or already released emus:
Intellivision: I'd like a better menu, easier to run, voice and full speed if possible, auto seelect a basic sound setup, throttleing, etc, and eaiser rom/ menu exit/ return system.
Vectrex: speed up, better menu, rom selection system, auto select sound qaulity, so you can just start the emu, select a rom, and go.
Atari Lynx and 7800: better speed, auto select sound quality, etc, same like above.

Atari 5200 & 8bit comuter emu: An easier to use menu and rom/ cart/ tape/ disck image selector for it, with auto system select, and auto-reboot to start games up real simple, like nester..

What you guys wrote reminds that I would love to see all those emus IMR "did" (using Warmtoe's MAME & MESS ports) redone with proper menus and without the usual IMR bugs. A recompile with the most recent KOS version alone should bring all of them to full speed, and then there are the new Z80 cores by Stef and Fox68K :)

a commodore 64 emu that doens't crash, (i may get my butt kicked for that last couple words), or a patch for us NTSC people.

Sound / more on: PlusIVEDC, the commodore plus4 emu?

also, this is a wierder thought i have: in gnuboy, when you're playing the black and white games, wouldn't it be cool to: a) not have the off-white b) be able to set up a little color selector so that you can choose what you want for black, and for white, ie: white = black and black = red would be like virtual boy, orange n black for halloween (old mono monitors too) and green = black + black = white so it would look like the old green screen mono PC / Apple monitors.

That sounds like a good idea for Visual Troy Advance :)

timofonic
May 1st, 2005, 14:50
X68000
Acorn/Risc PC (Risc OS)

Sweater Fish Deluxe
May 3rd, 2005, 08:07
-Bally Astrocade

I'd just like to highlight that suggestion. The Astrocade is a great system and I'd love to be able to play it through my Dreamcast. I think it could be done with the MESS source.

A new playable Neo Geo Pocket emulator would be lovely. The world must be exposed to Ganbare Neo Poke-kun!

And I have to mention the Sega CD even if it's not likely to ever happen.

I agree, though, that improvements to existing emulators would be nicer to me. I'd like to see improvements to emulators in this order:
1) TurboGrafx
2) SNES (I think it's absolutely possible to get fullspeed)
3) Amiga
4) MSX

By the way, quzar, why doesn't HuCast support original Turbo CD discs? Was it just easier to get ISOs working for a quick preview port or is there some stumbling block that might keep them from ever working? I'd really love to be able to play original Turbo CD discs on the Dreamcast. Arcade Card discs, too, if that's possible (I think the Arcade Card had 8MB of RAM or something, so even though the DC has way more RAM than that, it still might be pushing it in terms of real world use).

...word is bondage...

quzar
May 3rd, 2005, 08:51
By the way, quzar, why doesn't HuCast support original Turbo CD discs? Was it just easier to get ISOs working for a quick preview port or is there some stumbling block that might keep them from ever working? I'd really love to be able to play original Turbo CD discs on the Dreamcast. Arcade Card discs, too, if that's possible (I think the Arcade Card had 8MB of RAM or something, so even though the DC has way more RAM than that, it still might be pushing it in terms of real world use).

just easier. the basic problem is that hugo is actually almost 2 programs merged into one. they are tied together with the gui. it was just easier to get the card/iso part working.

also, i think it already supports arcade cards. i know supergfx games work. its 16megabits for the arcade cards. 2mb =P, shouldnt be a problem.

Cap'n 1time
May 17th, 2005, 16:13
all i want... is a full speed ngpc and a full speed snes emulator!!! nothing more! RAWR, you already completed the neogeo cd emulator of everyones dreams.

turnerl
May 31st, 2005, 22:42
Would love a trs-80 coco emu and a to see soul captor with a rom selection menu.

fackue
June 3rd, 2005, 11:36
Fixed EEPROM emulation for Game Gear games so I can play Majors Pro Baseball again! :)

Cast128dreams
June 3rd, 2005, 16:59
32 X and Mega CD at all COSTS!!!!!
Also would love to see:Sega Saturn,Nokia Ngage,Playstation(i heard that bleemcast is preety good)...
Thats all....

SiZiOUS
June 3rd, 2005, 18:11
Mega CD can be very difficult, because Mega CD's an add-on, which means we must emulate his hardware in more of the megadrive (=Genesis). This was written by Stef (http://forum.aceboard.net/4752-515-9561-0-mega.htm), creator of Gens.

For me i'm waiting of PSX emulation. :)

Cast128dreams
June 5th, 2005, 00:37
Psx emulation?
Some days ago i downloaded a psx-dc but i couldnt understand how it was working.......
They are updating that project?
If mega cd is hard,what about the 32X...
It works with cartridges so it means less work,right?

Cast128dreams
June 5th, 2005, 00:37
Are they(meaning)

SiZiOUS
June 5th, 2005, 01:24
I'll try to translate the original Stef (http://forum.aceboard.net/4752-515-9561-0-mega.htm) post :

MegaCD's an add one of the first Genesis, which means we must emulate his hardware in
more of the Genesis.

The hardware of Genesis seems like the NeoGeo :
- 1 68000 (7.68 MHz against 12 MHz for NeoGeo)
- 1 Z80 (3.58 MHz against 6Mhz for NeoGeo)
- YM2612 for the mégadrive one, YM2151 for NeoGeo
- PSG
- VDP

MegaCD adds its own hardware :
- 1 68000 to 12 MHz
- 1 chip PCM 8 ways
- 1 complex vectorial graphic chip.

To be to emulate correctly, we must have a real power, because we have 2 systems to emulate.

In conclusion, MegaCD emulation's very difficult :)

Some days ago i downloaded a psx-dc but i couldnt understand how it was working
It seems to be a illegal bleem!cast version, because i already saw a package like this.

kof2000
June 5th, 2005, 02:06
yes, i agree with the ones obout refine the emus that we already have. i would love to see a snes emu at 100% speed with sound. the megadrive is almost there, just need some little work. neogeo cd emulation is 98% in my opinion, almost there too. the gba is a dream but it will take some time, as it is yet starting.
completely news i would like to see a cps emu, either cps1 or 2, if possilbe. :D

Cast128dreams
June 5th, 2005, 22:53
Wow......
Ok........
I wish i could work on Dc emulators some day......
So you have to work a lot for that right?...But iam sure that some day Mega CD will be available for Download...(lolll)
I would really really love this...Full speed with sound(totally back to the Genesis days!!!!)

quzar
June 6th, 2005, 05:39
pcsx-dc is not any sort of bleem rip. its just really slow. it runs at between 1 and 15 fps, has no sound, and can only read isos.

with sound removed, megaCD emulation might be possible(if a good 68k asm core is written).

SiZiOUS
June 6th, 2005, 10:01
with sound removed, megaCD emulation might be possible(if a good 68k asm core is written).
FAME ? :)

Cast128dreams
June 6th, 2005, 11:18
I have the pcx-dc and none playstation game could run....
Still wondering whats its purpose?
I am sure that they will code it some day...
Till then only dreams..
Yea without sound!Less coding,right?!!!!!

Masta-G
June 7th, 2005, 10:19
I would love to see the DC emulating a Intel Pentium 166 MMX with 16megs of ram and vesa graphics, then we could boot a floppy disk image with dos 6.22 and play Carmageddon :D
I think it wouldn't be that hard since there is lots of docs available on x86.
Alltough there is no hd in the dreamcast we could always use a ramdrive and some hacks to get most games running from read only media.

timofonic
June 7th, 2005, 10:52
Non-emulated on dreamcast machines:

X68000
PC88
PC98
FMTOWNS

timofonic
June 7th, 2005, 10:53
Masta-G: Keep dreaming...

Christuserloeser
June 7th, 2005, 11:03
Cast128 - 'Without sound' means there isn't as much to emulate for the Dreamcast. Afaik no one has yet found out how to communitate with the Dreamcast's ARM sound chip so all sound needs to be produced via the SH4 Main CPU and thus eats up a good bit of its power. Same goes for video btw: the only emus that make use of the Dreamcasts video power are GenesisPlusDC PVR Preview v3 & Bleem!cast (and some of Bero's FPS ports plus QuakeDC but that's been created with the WinCE dev kit) - everything else is generated by the SH4 and then send to the PVR.

The hardest things about SegaCD emulation to implement into GPDC would be the additional VDPs and custom FX video chips it has.

As far as my limited knowledge goes that's the reason why e.g. DreamSNES isn't fullspeed yet though the 2,5 MHz SNES CPU is emulated in SH4 assembly: The DC's SH4 has to generate SNES' sound + video - both are exactly what made the SNES as powerful as NeoGeo and MegaDrive/Genesis back in those days despite its incredibly weak 8bit CPU.

Masta-G, a Dreamcast won't ever emulate a P166 because SH assembly differs a lot from x86 and thus coding an emu like that would be a task that no one would like to attempt I guess.
You might as well get that illegal WinCE dev kit and port some Win games yourself before writing an emu for a whole bunch of games... Then again you could as well go with KOS and you even would be on the legal side.

quzar
June 7th, 2005, 13:36
FAME ? :)
fame is about 3-4x larger than c68k and at MOST 20% faster. It by no means blows it out of the water, and i'm sure that if someone were to, lets say re-write portions of c68k (the instructions themselves) in assembly it would probably get about the same speedup and maintain its size.

Masta-G, a Dreamcast won't ever emulate a P166 because SH assembly differs a lot from x86 and thus coding an emu like that would be a task that no one would like to attempt I guess. I already ported a 386 emulator, not too far off =P

Christuserloeser
June 7th, 2005, 17:14
I don't think that FAME is anywhere near finished. It works perfectly but it's not finished. If your suggestion would be something Fox68K could implement into FAME, I am sure he would do it. The Amiga emu that's been worked on should bring some optimizations and improvements for FAME with it.
Also what you write about FAME that "by no means blows it out of the water" is almost 100% caused by the Z80 cores that currently are beeing used. The Z80 is a hell of a CPU and its possibilities in C had been pretty much optimised with CZ80 I guess, but as there's no finished SH4 Z80 core. Let's give Fox68K the time he needs and have a look at things again. ;)

quzar
June 7th, 2005, 18:24
I don't think that FAME is anywhere near finished. It works perfectly but it's not finished. If your suggestion would be something Fox68K could implement into FAME, I am sure he would do it. The Amiga emu that's been worked on should bring some optimizations and improvements for FAME with it.
Also what you write about FAME that "by no means blows it out of the water" is almost 100% caused by the Z80 cores that currently are beeing used. The Z80 is a hell of a CPU and its possibilities in C had been pretty much optimised with CZ80 I guess, but as there's no finished SH4 Z80 core. Let's give Fox68K the time he needs and have a look at things again. ;)

Fox has said that he no longer plans to work on fame and is going to go into making other cores instead.

and that has nothing to do with z80 cores. fame vs c68k head on head gives about a 20% difference in speed. it has nothing to do with anything else, it's simply that fame is not significantly better than c68k. To me it gives an unacceptable tradeoff, almost a megabyte of space, for a minimal overall speed gain.

Christuserloeser
June 7th, 2005, 19:16
I see what you mean if you are aiming to gain as much RAM as possible for NeoDC's features.

Thing is I would never dare to say something like "Fame is not significantly better than C68K" because the DC specific SH4 68K core is "only" twenty percent faster than that as much as possible optimized C68K emulator =P

Though maybe you're correct. I'm sure Fox68K will eventually work on it again and would try to cut down its size plus gets a few percent here and there if he compares FAME with C68K...

quzar
June 8th, 2005, 02:04
20% in the m68k traslates to at most around 3% speed in the emulator. c68k isnt as optimized as possible too. Stef talked about a few more things he wanted to implement in it, if he did though I'm sure that it would get very very much closer to fame. Also, when I say twenty percent, that is the number that fox gives for his benchmarks, which are not only not real life, butwhen I compare the two I get c68k showing much better performance than stated.

This has all been discussed many times though, in the m68k thread and in other threads dealing with genesis or neo geo. People take neo4all and say, well it uses fame, so thats what makes it faster, when in fact it is almsot entirely the fact that fox re-wrote the renderer in asm (it isnt pvr hardware rendering like genesisplus, its just written in assembly). I would say that contributes almost entirely to the speed in neo4all over neodc, nothing to do with fame (oh, and the frameskipping and underclocking dont hurt either)

obelisk
June 8th, 2005, 02:37
What Systems do i want emulated on DC? whatever the hell we get, cause these people put a lot into it. i wanted to say that the programmers, coders, porters, and all are really the people who choose what i play with, cause im such a fan of you all,and what you people do, i play with everything i get hold of. have a good one, cheers to site peoples, coders, play testers, and whatever it is that drives you all, thanks to you guys me n the wife can play our fave stuff again.

Cast128dreams
June 8th, 2005, 22:53
Wow!!!
You guys know a lot....How can i answer now...You *got* me i could say....
People love Dreamcast emulators.People all over the world comes to sites like that.
Lets consider that how many of them have the emulators burned!!!!
For example me.....I live some kilometers out of Athens(yea right iam Greek!!)
I visit this site everyday,a part of me, a part of my Dreamcast..........
Continoue your great work......A lot of nights my Dreamcast beged me to power it off because of you guys!!!!

SiZiOUS
June 9th, 2005, 01:26
Though maybe you're correct. I'm sure Fox68K will eventually work on it again and would try to cut down its size plus gets a few percent here and there if he compares FAME with C68K...
Just for information, C68K's another core portable to DC ?

quzar
June 9th, 2005, 01:57
c68k is a C M68000 emulator that Stef D. wrote almost entirely for the dreamcast (it doesnt have the dreamcast in mind, but that is why he made it). It is 2-3x faster than the more widely used Musashi core, much smaller, and exactly as bug free.

SiZiOUS
June 9th, 2005, 08:04
Wow. The same Stef of Gens ?

Thanks for the information. :)

Christuserloeser
June 9th, 2005, 10:55
Yep, the same Stef :) Check the M68K topic ;)

boule
June 9th, 2005, 16:33
Cast128 - 'Without sound' means there isn't as much to emulate for the Dreamcast. Afaik no one has yet found out how to communitate with the Dreamcast's ARM sound chip so all sound needs to be produced via the SH4 Main CPU and thus eats up a good bit of its power.
I thought semicolo was trying to do that with libraries to play mp3 and ogg directly by the arm7 , thus giving leaving more power to the sh4 so that dc's divx players could use it? maybe i'm writing completely dumb stuff, but that's what i understood...
there is a post about that on Dcreload: (but there hasn't been any news for 3 months and it's in french) http://forum.aceboard.net/4752-519-9118-0-Arm7.htm

SiZiOUS
June 10th, 2005, 13:22
I thought semicolo was trying to do that with libraries to play mp3 and ogg directly by the arm7 , thus giving leaving more power to the sh4 so that dc's divx players could use it? maybe i'm writing completely dumb stuff, but that's what i understood...
there is a post about that on Dcreload: (but there hasn't been any news for 3 months and it's in french) http://forum.aceboard.net/4752-519-9118-0-Arm7.htm
Yeah, that it. :)

But it seems to have suspended the dev yet.

I_Highway
June 13th, 2005, 15:09
The Sega Saturn project (Yabause-dc), from BlueCrab, is a must, and deserves the biggest success!

And I'd love to have old 3DO games running in my Dreamcast.

DARKGATE
June 13th, 2005, 16:12
I read in a post, where speak of 3do emu for dreamcast, and told wich is very simple make a good emu 3do on dreamcast, =| other i don't know, don't remember very good. =°|

However i think wich the DC, can emulate others systems perfectly, "Commodore VIC20, BBC ELECTRON, VECTREX, a good emu intellivision ecc..

But the problem is find coders wich love this sistems :).

turnerl
June 14th, 2005, 00:27
Ah yes a vic20 emu woulod be awsome!

obelisk
June 14th, 2005, 01:28
yup, vic20 would be awesome, indeed. as well as refreshed veriosns of c64, apple2, Atari800 Intellivisaion, LYNX, and more with easy to use / dummy mode/ kid mode file systems, or kinda like NesterDC6, DCastaway, SMSPlusDC, Stella, etc. diffifult file systems make emus hard to deal with and unplayable for younger players and whoever else that can't run em, 'cause its just too dang hard to. only time will tell.

Cast128dreams
June 17th, 2005, 10:36
Hmmmmmm great as you hear it

vglad
July 6th, 2005, 22:56
for me I wish I can play big Mame games like x-men vs street fighter
or saturn games on dreamcast. :)

bennasi-4
July 7th, 2005, 00:13
is there any psp emulator for dc :confused: ??also i think tha maybe can play a lot of pc games that doesnt have high requests what do you think?

Cast128dreams
July 7th, 2005, 11:28
No there isnt any psp emulation on the Dreamcast at the moment.But iam sure that if they code completly the psx in the Dreamcast then the psp will be too.Because psp is a playstation with a screen.Nothing more.
You cant play saturn games on your Dreamcast.This stills unknown.I cant understand why they havent done anything for this project.

Max
July 7th, 2005, 11:46
I hope much more interpretors would be released.

Candidates like FreeCNC were in, because you can import the data of Command & Conquer: Tiberium Sun. But unfortunately it still needs a machine which has at least 800 MHz which is way too much, if someone would work on it a bit more it would be able to run on 200 MHz machines as well in my opinion.

Commander Keen and such shareware games would also add a lot of enjoyable games to the Dreamcast's game database, and it would be possible due interpretors.

ScummVM was an incomparable step but I fear that something like that big won't be happen anymore which also runs on lower machines. Even if I put my hopes into the Sierra game interpretor, to see Leisure Suit Larry 7 once on the Dreamcast.

Because psp is a playstation with a screen.Nothing more.
...it is. Because it's system specs are much more a PlayStation2 than a PSone. And when I see at today's homebrewn PSone emulation on the Dreamcast, I see that PSP emulation will never happen on the swirl machine.

You cant play saturn games on your Dreamcast.This stills unknown.I cant understand why they havent done anything for this project.
You can? They have done as much as they can in my opinion. Still there is more to reach but you have to be patient.

Cast128dreams
July 7th, 2005, 12:19
Ok...You are specific.....Nice to read all these above.
I believe that a higher system can be emulated on a lower system.But i dont know how much succesful will be.
Now as for your last worlds.How you can play Saturn games on Dc?.Is there any emu?.I saw one but it only emulates saturn BIOS.Nothing more.

Max
July 7th, 2005, 12:53
Ok...You are specific.....Nice to read all these above.
I believe that a higher system can be emulated on a lower system.But i dont know how much succesful will be.

I dunno what exactly you mean that a faster system and be emulated on a slower one. You can make a beginning like emulating the BIOS, yes, but you never reach anything more. But what would be the meaning of all this?

Now as for your last worlds.How you can play Saturn games on Dc?.Is there any emu?.I saw one but it only emulates saturn BIOS.Nothing more.

You can't, the Saturn emulator which runs the BIOS is the most advance Saturn emulator so far. I doubt that the Dreamcast can emulate Saturn games ever on decent speed.

Meshuggah27
July 7th, 2005, 12:56
N64 MAN >:O
If its possible o.0

Eric
July 7th, 2005, 13:44
I know this is way offtopic but a post morely on you name Meshuggah and i have to say that, that rock band is totally sweet.

quzar
July 7th, 2005, 17:21
I dunno what exactly you mean that a faster system and be emulated on a slower one. You can make a beginning like emulating the BIOS, yes, but you never reach anything more. But what would be the meaning of all this?

You can't, the Saturn emulator which runs the BIOS is the most advance Saturn emulator so far. I doubt that the Dreamcast can emulate Saturn games ever on decent speed.

That saturn emulator runs only a bit faster on the mac, so it really has nothing to do with the Dreamcast, as it is the emulator is just very slow. I am certain we will see playable saturn emulation in the future.

SiZiOUS
July 8th, 2005, 00:16
I am certain we will see playable saturn emulation in the future.
And psx emulation. :)

Cast128dreams
July 8th, 2005, 17:20
I already knew the Saturn Bios.But this is not an emulator.....its the most advanced bios emulator..But if everything starts from there then its ok.I hope in the near future we will see more systems on Dreamcast.
The sentence with the faster and lower system meant the psp.
On playstation we have something.I mean the cracked Bleemcast.Its very good start for the perfect one.
On the other hand for saturn we havent anything similar.

quzar
July 9th, 2005, 23:43
yabause, which only emulated up to the bios when it was ported to the DC can already play most any game. it has already been mostly re-ported, but don't expect anything for a long time.

ptr.exe
July 10th, 2005, 15:14
I am certain we will see playable saturn emulation in the future
I for one can not wait to play Saturn games on my DC.

DARKGATE
July 10th, 2005, 17:55
The saturn was my first love :D remember when get out in USA , i'm in italy, i worked worked hard, for buy the SATURN usa version, and my first game was MORTAL KOMBAT 2 usa version, see a saturn work well, is a dream on dreamcast, but never tell IMPOSSIBLE.

Christuserloeser
July 14th, 2005, 12:57
I am certain we will see playable saturn emulation in the future

I am certain about that too. The DC is almost downward compatible if you think about the Super Hitachi main units. BlueCrab has the talent and Fox68K already has coded the needed 68K emu (FAME) in SH4 but it'd still be a very very hard task.

Possible at a playable speed? Yes. A playable release anytime before 2006? No.

Cast128dreams
July 14th, 2005, 18:10
Oh thanks...
Sounds good.

Christuserloeser
July 31st, 2005, 17:00
Salamander2 posted the following wishlist in this topic (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=755388) over at DCEmulation.com:

X68000(final fight never looked so good as the arcade in this conversion. u can use also the excellent midi port music.)

MSX2+(come on, this will not be hard to port. the dcmsx already do a lot of things. our friends at BLUEMSX and OPENMSX can support ANYONE to port this. they are very very very friendlly)

PC98(its a matter of use NEKO2PROJECT code in the dreamcast. thats what i thing.)

fil
July 31st, 2005, 18:27
an update of frodo with new sources

couldnt be the hardest one

unholydoragon
August 7th, 2005, 21:14
i don't know much about the dreamcast vmu but i would love for some games to be on there.

bender
August 12th, 2005, 22:04
my list, perfect emus of :p

Amstrad CPCs (including the kc compat german clone)
speccys (and the russian clones) .
msx
c64/c128

I'm a bit fanatic of those old machines, damm, i grew up in the 8 bit computing era

if remotely possible
genesis
segacd
saturn

RAYDEN
September 19th, 2005, 04:24
i dont speak inglish very well , i want play MORTAL KOMBAT 1 e 2 ARCADE.

TyBO
September 22nd, 2005, 06:20
i dont speak inglish very well , i want play MORTAL KOMBAT 1 e 2 ARCADE.
Try playing them on one of the Mame emulators... I can't promise perfect emulation, but it should be pretty good since the first 2 Mortal Kombat's aren't very technically demanding.

I just realized today that the DCGNUBoy (Gameboy) emulator, as good as it is, could still use some tweaking. The newer Gameboy Color games have a lot of slowdown and the sound will sometimes completely bug out. Is DCGNUBoy open source, and if so, is anyone working on it?

I'm sure perfect GBC emulation is possible on Dreamcast... just might need some minor tweaking, eh? :D

Then again... beggers can't be chosers...