PDA

View Full Version : upgrade to downgrade help

terryfay1983
December 16th, 2006, 22:49
hello people, bit of a newbie at all of this!
tried to do the downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5 but it didnt seem to work and was then told to upgrade to 2.7 and downgrade from there!!

i downloaded a zip file called : 2_71_US_firmware_update
inside there is a EBOOT.PBP, now i dont know where abouts to put this on my psp so that it updates!

could someone please give me abit of direction!

thanks for your time

mikebeaver
December 16th, 2006, 23:21
go to your psp and put it in USB mode
now..
a) goto ms0\psp\game and create a folder called update
b)inside this new folder place your eboot.pbp
c)exit usb, goto the main menu (XMB) and go along to your memory card to where it says "game"
d)press circle and then run the update

BE WARNED.... you must have atleast 75 % battery to do this and make sure you have the ac adaptor plugged in aswell, this will get you up to 2.71 at which point you can then run the generic downgrader.

Gizmo356
December 16th, 2006, 23:32
I'm not trying to start anything but if you don't know how to upgrade don't you think it's a little risky trying to downgrade?

terryfay1983
December 16th, 2006, 23:58
its not that i dont know how to, its more i cant remember! havent done it in a long time!

Mike - cheers remember now! :D

mikebeaver
December 17th, 2006, 00:08
no worries mate, if you still having probs just ask, be glad to help, but do heed the warning from gizmo356, it is risky flashing your psp so you need to be in the best frame of mind and get all your research done before you attempt it, i spent a long time reading the forums, so that i knew what was what and didnt ask a load of noobish qustions that people would ignore, and then i found a post where someone had walked a guy through the steps to downgrade, this gave me the final bit of encouragement i needed, and the rest went from there.So if I can help anyone out I always will.

terryfay1983
December 17th, 2006, 01:10
done the upgrade,
using the downgrader easy installer!

the bit when it says go to PHOTO and the screen should go red!!! well it dont and it keeps freezing!

gizmo is being a great great help! :D

mikebeaver
December 17th, 2006, 01:16
i take it you have hen c installed and when you go to the photo folder wait till the pictures come up before clicking on the folder, should help.
just keep trying, eventually you will get the other colour screen and it will reboot, allowing you to startthe next bit.

VampDude
December 17th, 2006, 01:18
done the upgrade,
using the downgrader easy installer!

the bit when it says go to PHOTO and the screen should go red!!! well it dont and it keeps freezing!

gizmo is being a great great help! :D

keep removing the battery and re-inserting, and keep trying again until the screen goes red...

...it takes a few attempts!

terryfay1983
December 17th, 2006, 01:59
thanks for ya help guys!

ended up finding my 32mb card and installing it on that and it worked 1st time!!

so happy now!!

cheers again Gizmo! he seemed just as happy that it worked on mine as when he prob did when his worked!!!

mbr7
December 17th, 2006, 11:30
thanks for ya help guys!

ended up finding my 32mb card and installing it on that and it worked 1st time!!

so happy now!!

cheers again Gizmo! he seemed just as happy that it worked on mine as when he prob did when his worked!!!

your lucky you could of had a ta-082 sense you diden't know where to put the eboot i recond you could of had a ta-082

terryfay1983
December 17th, 2006, 11:59
nah i checked all that!
i just couldnt remember that was all