PDA

View Full Version : “Radiosi Mod” for PSP Dungeons

TacticalBread
December 17th, 2006, 09:02
A new mod for PSP Dungeons (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-dungeons-3d-v0-6-43986.html) by Drew Medina (http://www.drewmedina.com/)

My second Mod on the psp, just a single level with custom textures, weapons, audio. (small level)
Background art created using a radiosity lighting solution.
Characters are part of the original Dungeons release, from Q3.

You must delete “PSP Dungeons 3D v0.6″ if you already have it installed, this uses a new eboot.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 17th, 2006, 11:40
This mod is crap. Yes its pretty looking but its dull as hell and short for the size of the file.

Why don't you just convert over quake 3 arena. I mean if you're able to convert over the models, shouldn't u be able to run quake 3 arena on psp then? And whats good about this mod is that it shows that people can make games similar looking to doom 3... Theres even shadows in it. But this is only a mod type thing nothing else. It's just testing crap

pspgamer15
December 17th, 2006, 14:55
How do u make mods for Dungeons. I have searched google and could only find other ppls mods that they made and no info on how to make a mod. PLS help as i would love to take on the challenge of making Half-Life w/ this.

spudhead2121
December 17th, 2006, 15:31
This mod is crap. Yes its pretty looking but its dull as hell and short for the size of the file.

Why don't you just convert over quake 3 arena. I mean if you're able to convert over the models, shouldn't u be able to run quake 3 arena on psp then? And whats good about this mod is that it shows that people can make games similar looking to doom 3... Theres even shadows in it. But this is only a mod type thing nothing else. It's just testing crap

mad: You don't shit on someone's hard work which they released to the community for free. If you don't like it suggest some improvements or ask if you can help.

Q3A maps are copyright of ID (I think) and a port of a Q3 engine is not posible because of the way homebrew runs on a PSP. Homebrew dose not have all the system resources that a "Official" game has.

Vega
December 17th, 2006, 16:47

:rolleyes: This is the reason why I detest newbies

naveedch_leo
December 17th, 2006, 16:52
Agreed with spudhead2121
man noone knows how much time he spent on it,for free indeed n u've made it crap just in two lines.
is it fair?

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 17:42

1. Why don't you try doing one yourself?

2. Models are not hard to render, it's the engine that kills the port. Quake 2 barely runs smoothly (without sound). How is this mod crap if it is free, would you have rather paid for it? So it's only one level, big freaking deal, but it looks good and shows how talented the modder is.

Good find tacticalbread, it looks great. I can't wait for more maps. I hope to have some of mine out soon (if I can stop being lazy).

TacticalBread
December 17th, 2006, 18:49

This mod is beta. There is only one level, obviously, because he is just showing us how the completed mod will look. You almost have to be retarded to not see that. Personally, I think this is the best mod for Dungeons out right now. Why don't you make a better mod, before you sign up here to shit on peoples hard work.

Sharkey
December 17th, 2006, 18:53
Nice, I just picked up Dungeons a couple days ago, I'll give this a try. The screenshot looks preety good. :)

Off topic: Are these hard to make? I have a fair amount of Photoshop experience and tons of textures left over from my GTA modding days. How would I find out about making my own mods?

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 19:40
Nice, I just picked up Dungeons a couple days ago, I'll give this a try. The screenshot looks preety good. :)

Off topic: Are these hard to make? I have a fair amount of Photoshop experience and tons of textures left over from my GTA modding days. How would I find out about making my own mods?

It's about as easy as say Doom or Quake. If you have experience with either, you'll be ok, it's easy to learn.

BTW, does anyone know if charnold will be releasing/has released a source yet?

Ramza042
December 17th, 2006, 20:08
Drew Medina is actually a commercial graphics artist and has worked on games like tomb raider, need for speed, test drive and others :eek: . Yea, the level is short, but LOOK at it. It's beautiful. I hope that he keeps working on it, I'd love to play more. :thumbup:

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 20:46
I didn't even realize to check his site for info. The man has got talent... :(

sok98
December 17th, 2006, 20:58
i can't get it to work.. im on 2.71 se-c

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 22:00
i can't get it to work.. im on 2.71 se-c

Be sure that your GAME (dont put it in GAME150) folder is set to 2.71 kernel or kxploit the eboot with kxploit (and place it in GAME150).

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 05:19
Drew Medina is actually a commercial graphics artist and has worked on games like tomb raider, need for speed, test drive and others :eek: . Yea, the level is short, but LOOK at it. It's beautiful. I hope that he keeps working on it, I'd love to play more. :thumbup:

Holy shit, he worked on on Tomb Raider?

I though he just liked that game or something, when I looked at his site.

So, he's a professional.

:thumbup:

Ramza042
December 18th, 2006, 05:49
Hell yea, glad to have him as a psp freak too! :D

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 18th, 2006, 06:16
Why what are all you like 12 years old or something? ****ing losers, immature as hell.

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 06:18
Why what are all you like 12 years old or something? ****ing losers, immature as hell.

LMFAO! Is that all you have to say? You're probably the one who is 12.

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 18th, 2006, 06:18

Tomb Raider sucks, and so does test drive. Tomb Raider, sells because it's a sex symbol. While, test drive is just a crappy version of need for speed.

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 18th, 2006, 06:19
LMFAO! Is that all you have to say? You're probably the one who is 12.

Your sig shows your age. And why are you always on here? I just posted that message up a second ago. Dork:rofl:

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 06:20
Tomb Raider sucks, and so does test drive. Tomb Raider, sells because it's a sex symbol. While, test drive is just a crappy version of need for speed.

Let's see you make a game better than Tomb Raider, or anything else. If you make one that is better, then I will respect you.

IHadToReRegisterwtf
December 18th, 2006, 06:27
Let's see you make a game better than Tomb Raider, or anything else. If you make one that is better, then I will respect you.

:rofl:

This crappy mod is more enjoyable then tomb raider and testdrive. And why are you posting someone else's work? Thats kind of ****ed up. Did you ask for permission to post the guys work? You may have not took credit for it, but how do you know he wants his work published on this website?

TacticalBread
December 18th, 2006, 07:02

This crappy mod is more enjoyable then tomb raider and testdrive. And why are you posting someone else's work? Thats kind of ****ed up. Did you ask for permission to post the guys work? You may have not took credit for it, but how do you know he wants his work published on this website?

You sir, are an idiot.

The guy who made this mod, worked on Tomb Raider.

and, you're changing the subject? I'm not even going to argue with you, because first, arguing on the internet is retarded, and second, because it would be a one sided argument, because you obviously have nothing productive to say.

mr_nick666
December 18th, 2006, 14:06

:rolleyes: This is the reason why I detest newbies

This is the reason I visit here less and less these days :( Should be a ban for this type of crap, thoughtless, post :mad:

Back on topic...

This looks great :thumbup: Im sure given time it will be made bigger with more levels, etc. :D

Ramza042
December 18th, 2006, 21:21

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't something more enjoyable THAN something else, not "then"? THEN is used in statements like, "If it happens, THEN it happens." If you are so old, and we are "12 year old kids", then why is it that you haven't even mastered the SIMPLEST parts of the English language? Like spelling "you".

Go back to school before you come on here talking shit.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that Drew wouldn't mind this being posted here, considering he released it as freeware/homebrew. What do YOU do that is SO impressive that his work sucks? Wait, let me guess, you design web pages for your buddies and put them up on myspace? I thought so. :rofl:

Oh, and he worked on Need for Speed - Hot Pursuit, too.

the_eternal_dark
December 19th, 2006, 04:59
You sir, are an idiot.

The guy who made this mod, worked on Tomb Raider.

and, you're changing the subject? I'm not even going to argue with you, because first, arguing on the internet is retarded, and second, because it would be a one sided argument, because you obviously have nothing productive to say.

Wasn't there a poster about this somewhere? I believe it was on google images by searching for "retard" (or something to that effect, come on I was like 12 at the time).

btw, there was a joke in there somewhere, lets see if anyone figures it out...

Destroyer699
December 19th, 2006, 05:10
rant/ God damn you.

I hate people like you more than any other type of people on earth.

You sir are an unnappreciative little piece of shit, and here is why.

I visit many sites daily and see shit like this happing all the time. ALL THE TIME! Do you know how mad this makes me?

Let me ask you this. What the hell do you do? Can you model, no. Can you program, no. Hell, can you hex edit a ****ing string, NO! You cant do shit, but you take a shit over others work. After you do somthing, then talk about this mod. Until then though, keep your smart-ass comments to yourself. Judging from the way you act, you are indeed the 12 year old here.

No comments from the peanut gallery buddy. /rant.

Sorry, that just had to be said.

On the other hand, very nice mod. The graphics are amazingly impressive, and thats a nice model(good job if you made it). I love the shadows.

By the way, did he really work on those commercial games?

PSPCulture
December 19th, 2006, 08:59
A new mod for PSP Dungeons (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-dungeons-3d-v0-6-43986.html) by Drew Medina (http://www.drewmedina.com/)

My second Mod on the psp, just a single level with custom textures, weapons, audio. (small level)
Background art created using a radiosity lighting solution.
Characters are part of the original Dungeons release, from Q3.

You must delete “PSP Dungeons 3D v0.6″ if you already have it installed, this uses a new eboot.

Excellent little proof-of-concept, nicely produced and excellent textures. Love to see this expanded into a fuller game, it has some very real potential. It is a bit large, filesize wise, but as memory sticks are moving towards larger capacity, not really an issue.

Wow, you bothered to register just to say that?

In case you missed the numerous comments about your misguided post (and yes, I've been around long enough to understand your trolling intentions) I kindly suggest you refrain from posting your negative thoughts in future.

I guess Santa has you on the naughty list this year.