PDA

View Full Version : PSP: Message From NJ Regarding MVSPSP and UNI-BIOS

b8a
December 17th, 2006, 12:33
NJ has posted the following on his website, with a specific request that the message be translated:

Please read following thread in "DCEMU.UK forums"
----------------------------------------------------------------

DCEMU.UK / NJ Arcade Emulators Source Translations - transrated by b8a

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=261189&postcount=2

-Although this is compatible with uni-bios and other hack BIOS, basically their use is not recommended. It's possible that a portion of the games won't run.

Also, MVSPSP constantly runs with Raster Effects = ON when using the UNI-BIOS (because it won't work when set to OFF). Accordingly, situations may occur where the operating speed drops dramatically on the low-on-processing-power PSP.
If you are hoping for a stable play experience, please use the newest version possible of either the Euro or Japan MVS BIOS. Or, in other words, please don't use any BIOS other than these. Since it's causing me various troubles, I'll be deleting UNI-BIOS and DEBUG BIOS with the next source code update, so I ask for your understanding.

That having been said, I've never had any problems occur with Metal Slug 4 with my setup. If you have used UNI-BIOS even once, then first change to an MVS BIOS, open the menu and confirm that Raster Effects is set to Off, and if it's set to On, then please change it to Off.
If it still doesn't work even then, then the cause is a total mystery. Irregardless there will be no further updates of MVSPSP itself, so I ask for your understanding.

(Mods: I realize that this really isn't front page material, but I've found that a lot of people don't get these messages unless they're posted in a new thread on the front page... So, please move it to whatever location you think is appropriate)

gunntims0103
December 17th, 2006, 13:15
i think this is front page material since it is relivent information. Im at least relived that there are no further updates to mvspsp, i rather hate having to keep updating the emulator everytime it comes out, my usb cable is releived :p

grit
December 17th, 2006, 18:16
NJ has posted the following on his website, with a specific request that the message be translated:

Please read following thread in "DCEMU.UK forums"

DCEMU.UK / NJ Arcade Emulators Source Translations - transrated by b8a

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=261189&postcount=2

-Although this is compatible with uni-bios and other hack BIOS, basically their use is not recommended. It's possible that a portion of the games won't run.

Also, MVSPSP constantly runs with Raster Effects = ON when using the UNI-BIOS (because it won't work when set to OFF). Accordingly, situations may occur where the operating speed drops dramatically on the low-on-processing-power PSP.
If you are hoping for a stable play experience, please use the newest version possible of either the Euro or Japan MVS BIOS. Or, in other words, please don't use any BIOS other than these. Since it's causing me various troubles, I'll be deleting UNI-BIOS and DEBUG BIOS with the next source code update, so I ask for your understanding.

That having been said, I've never had any problems occur with Metal Slug 4 with my setup. If you have used UNI-BIOS even once, then first change to an MVS BIOS, open the menu and confirm that Raster Effects is set to Off, and if it's set to On, then please change it to Off.
If it still doesn't work even then, then the cause is a total mystery. Irregardless there will be no further updates of MVSPSP itself, so I ask for your understanding.

(Mods: I realize that this really isn't front page material, but I've found that a lot of people don't get these messages unless they're posted in a new thread on the front page... So, please move it to whatever location you think is appropriate)

Thanks for the translation! (i've used google translation to read his message but this is better! :) )

NJ, was very kind to try MetalSlug4 on his setup and report back (I've reported this problem that me and others had with ms4 to him).
Thank you NJ for the support! I really appreciate that!! :)

Sadly, I've tried MVS Europe v1 and v2; MVS Japan v1, v2 and v3; US ..... Asia..... with Raster effects set to OFF and set to ON and sadly I get the same crash at the bike part of Metal Slug 4 :( (not allways, but maybe 90% of the times it crash :confused: )

I even deleted the uni-bios from the neogeo.zip file, deleted all nvram, config, mencard files.. Still the same.

I'm on this for days, now (yes, I'm an MS hardcore fan) and can't figure this out.

On my last tries (just minutes ago) with MVS Europe v2 and Raster effects OFF, I successfully ended the motobike part 1 time in 6 tries...

I tried bios from different sources and rom dumps as well...

Anyway, this is not the end of the world (a few months ago I wouldn't believe that MS4 could be emulated at all at full speed and with sound) I just would love to figure out why others have no problems with this game and same others do..

Thanks a lot, NJ for the best emus around!!
Your hard work is really appreciated!!:D

If anyone have a clue about what can be worong in my setup, any enlightenments will be appreciated! TIA!