PDA

View Full Version : PSP version of Full Auto much better than next-gen counterparts

wraggster
December 17th, 2006, 22:25
Via PSPfanboy (http://www.pspfanboy.com/2006/12/16/psp-version-of-full-auto-much-better-than-next-gen-counterparts/)

It looks like Sega's support of PSP is just starting. Their upcoming After Burner looks like it'll translate really well on the handheld. Interestingly, the upcoming PSP version of Full Auto 2 also looks good. Actually, it looks to be more fun than either its Xbox 360 or PLAYSTATION 3 brethren.

Gamespot focuses on the new content featured on the handheld. With ten new weapons and ten new cars, and more customization options, it appears the PSP version of the game will feature the most functionality.

IGN focuses on the destructible environments. Apparently, you can easily lock-on to destructible targets in the level. This simplified approach fares much better than the console original, and will most likely create far more explosive, and interesting, races.

Finally, 1UP takes note of one very peculiar advantage the PSP Full Auto seems to have: better graphics, or at the very least, better art direction. The next-gen versions take place in one city, and seem to made up of various shades of brown. The PSP version features tons more color and environmental variety, as the game spans locales all over the world, from Europe, Asia and North America.

It's clear that the development team behind the PSP version of the game simply cares more about gamers. The original Full Auto didn't get the best reviews, but looking at all the new content in the PSP version, it looks like the franchise's best will appear on the handheld.

Screen Via Comments

metalspector
December 18th, 2006, 05:21
And I like ice cream, and muphins.

Anyways it's a good game, hopefully it won't require me to upgrade from 2.8 (ahh hoping too much). Anyways sega must be crazy, they work harder on the psp version for what? psp games don't sell, most commercial games on the psp suck (but I love both GTA's and metal gear portable ops must be good since all metal gear games except the 2 acid ones because of the card gaming.

PS:1st post ;)

irongiant
December 18th, 2006, 10:59
psp games don't sell, most commercial games on the psp suck (but I love both GTA's and metal gear portable ops must be good since all metal gear games except the 2 acid ones because of the card gaming.

PS:1st post ;)

Most commercial games on the Wii, DS also suck. In fact most games across all systems suck, each console always ends up with a small amount of killer games and a decent amount of very good games. Look at the PSP reviews on Metacritic, the PSP has more games that have scored over 80% than the DS. The comment about the PSP having no good games is very old and very boring now.

Makaveli777
December 18th, 2006, 18:38
Most commercial games on the Wii, DS also suck. In fact most games across all systems suck, each console always ends up with a small amount of killer games and a decent amount of very good games. Look at the PSP reviews on Metacritic, the PSP has more games that have scored over 80% than the DS. The comment about the PSP having no good games is very old and very boring now.

Lol yea its been a while since psp hasn't had any good games. People still insist it doesn't even if reviews state otherwise. People will believe what they belive though. In my opinion psp has had good games since daxter and syphon filter came out maybe earlier.

Oh yea and this full auto comparison shows psp got good games too.

Basil Zero
December 20th, 2006, 01:39
huh, good to hear

MaxSMoke
December 21st, 2006, 17:59
Thank god some people are finally sticking up for the PSP's game releases. It's full of great titles, and even if many were on other consoles first, that doesn't make them any less fun on a handheld. I still haven't stopped playing Star Wars Legos 2, and there's lots of brand new releases I plan on buying as soon as I get Lego blasting out of my blood!

And as soon as I can get 8GB's, or more of storage space, I plan on using my PSP as my main MP3 playback system for my house.