PDA

View Full Version : 2.71 SEBOOT(like 1.5 custom firmware, now fully configurable!)

wraggster
December 17th, 2006, 22:29
News/release from jiggle:

Hi everyone, I released a little app recently for booting devhook etc from boot up with 2.71se . I looked at the problems some people had, some didnt like the display, the timer, the place it loaded apps from. Ive been playing around with it for a few nights and its now as was asked for (I think).

To install;
Extract zip to your memory stick root eg: E:\
Restart psp with R button held
Enable autoboot from psp/game/boot/eboot.pbp
Exit

(Optional)
change the config.tx with a text editor if you want different directories or settings

Features:
config.text add your own homebrew folders to each button,
switch display on or off, timer on or off
auto boot or go to xmb, switchable (runs whatever you chose for circle)
10 or 3 second delay times
altogether 6 buttons can be used (individually)

pressing down goes straight to xmb (if 10 seconds is too long)

pressing select displays your config

to set up your own buttons or switch display et, just edit the config.txt in psp/game/boot
Hopefully this now covers every thing wrong with the last versions

I havent found any bugs yet, except the config having a music sign next to each line, no real problem. Post if you find any problems

Please let me know what you think, any comments welcome

jiggle

Bug found, I didnt change the name in the readme, oh well

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments
via jiggle (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1250920&postcount=1)

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 22:53
Good for TA-82 users I guess, but we have a 3.02 compatible devhook now. All I can say is it is a little too late for this.

joesnose
December 17th, 2006, 23:24
Good for TA-82 users I guess, but we have a 3.02 compatible devhook now. All I can say is it is a little too late for this.

a little too late???

this is brilliant, thanks alot.

S41N7
December 17th, 2006, 23:38
nice app, works well. Thanx alot (I have now replaced my own autooot with this one.

grit
December 17th, 2006, 23:46
nice app, works well. Thanx alot (I have now replaced my own autooot with this one.

I'm using it and loving it!!

the_eternal_dark
December 17th, 2006, 23:46
a little too late???

this is brilliant, thanks alot.

It's good for testing to see whether you like it or not, but I wouldn't bother with it considering that we now have a 3.02 compatible devhook that plays all/most newer games.

dzeikei
December 18th, 2006, 18:49
2.71SE is till excellent since I can boot up normally and still play almost all homebrews and games without starting up devhook. Only games that doesnt play on 2.71SE that I have is MGS and Parappa anyway.

jonezybaby
December 18th, 2006, 19:13
2.71SE is till excellent since I can boot up normally and still play almost all homebrews and games without starting up devhook. Only games that doesnt play on 2.71SE that I have is MGS and Parappa anyway.

and smackdown 07 and pro evo 6 (unless u rip it and take out the update)

the_eternal_dark
December 19th, 2006, 03:02
and smackdown 07 and pro evo 6 (unless u rip it and take out the update)

ISO talk is not allowed. Just use devhook, it's easier and its legal(er).

--I don't know if the term legaler is a correctly defined word. It's probably spelled legaller, but what do I know, I only speak english, I can't write it (jk).--

merose789
December 20th, 2006, 15:29
hi were do i find this firmware 1.5 and Devhook software

the_eternal_dark
December 20th, 2006, 19:29
hi were do i find this firmware 1.5 and Devhook software

Devhook is available here on the dcemu, i believe under programs and applications. As for the 1.5 firmware, you won't be able to use it unless you are able to downgrade (have a 2.71 or lower PSP, without the TA-82 motherboard). You'll then need to get the required downgrader for your firmware, also available here at the dcemu. If you meet both requirements and have the downgrader, then check out "1.5 eboot" through google. It'll show up, I assure you. If you need more help, PM me and I'll help.