PDA

View Full Version : PSP Druglord unnofficial (final)

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 21:20
All credit goes entirly to JC, you can contact him at [email protected].

Instructions

The aim of this game is to get rich and stay alive.
You must buy drugs when the price is right and sell them when the demand is high.
Your rank will determine how many days you can stay in buisness and how much
product you can store at any given time. Your rank improves as your finannces do.

Whats been done by me

-Improved refresh rate
-Added 1.5 and 1.0 eboot

There will be no more updates to this from me. Iv been holding this for a while and i just thought i would release It. As i enjoy this game a little too much thought others would as well.

Thank you all

download and give feedback via comment

S34MU5
December 18th, 2006, 21:28
sorta like Dope wars then?

such a good game, you can get it for PC or java on phones so so so good.

Stump
December 18th, 2006, 21:31
yeah, it's really good.. had it once for my Nokia.. it's really good bro's

Vega
December 18th, 2006, 21:37
heh... nice release Gunntims... will download right away and run a quick test.

I wonder if the whole "morally right" members of this network will begin another fiasco on this thread like the release of the homebrew app with some sexual content in it....

hope not.

Again, great post.

turtleguy101
December 18th, 2006, 21:50
^lol..... and yeah this is a fun game

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 21:52
http://soucali.com/pspnews/modules/mydownloads/images/shots/DrugLord.png

a screen shot of ingame

thanx all :)

gdf
December 18th, 2006, 21:57
cool, this actually looks like a professional, quality game. this is what 1.5 is all about...actually it sorta looks like football manager, but y'know, w/drugs

dejkirkby
December 18th, 2006, 22:14
heh... nice release Gunntims... will download right away and run a quick test.

I wonder if the whole "morally right" members of this network will begin another fiasco on this thread like the release of the homebrew app with some sexual content in it....

hope not.

Again, great post.

I hope that wasn't a dig at me.
Good Release. Looks great. will download and try it tomorrow.

joshisposer
December 18th, 2006, 22:33
I used to play this game like 4-5 years ago, not with this hi quality though. I really didn't know anything but buy for cheap, sell for a lot. My parents caught me though so now i might start this up with more knowledge.

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 22:36
it really is a classic game, a must have i think on anyone's psp or pc. Don't expect any more updates from me however. The game is now relitively perfect.

shadowprophet
December 18th, 2006, 22:46
This is awesome :D How long had you been working on this Gunn :thumbup:

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 23:03
This is awesome :D How long had you been working on this Gunn :thumbup:

not long the game was already done by JC, i just made the refresh rate a bit faster, then i converted it to an eboot is all.

I love this game, its the best!!

shadowprophet
December 18th, 2006, 23:12
not long the game was already done by JC, i just changed some lines of code to make the refresh rate a bit faster, then i converted it to an eboot is all.

I love this game, its the best!!

This kicks ass :thumbup:

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 23:46
This kicks ass :thumbup:

Thanks bro im glad you enjoy it :D

kalhalla
December 18th, 2006, 23:46
Haha, fun game, great work, buddy and I just had some fun with it.

Reminds me of the old game, I can't remember the name Drug Lord or Drug Wars or something like that. :P

gunntims0103
December 18th, 2006, 23:56
Haha, fun game, great work, buddy and I just had some fun with it.

Reminds me of the old game, I can't remember the name Drug Lord or Drug Wars or something like that. :P

you mean "Dope Wars". ;)

Man
December 19th, 2006, 02:20
I love this game. I loved dope wars and all those others too. Great job.

masonman
December 19th, 2006, 02:37
its nice to see more underground games in here. good job. btw, for some inspiration, i strongly reccomend the old computer game "crime fighter". it is a gang-type game, where you can do any crime imaginable and you can recruit gang members. truly one of my favs.

Vega
December 19th, 2006, 03:33
Had a play at it earlier today . . . great work Gunntims! Very polished finish ya got there! Thanks alot .

gunntims0103
December 19th, 2006, 03:38
Had a play at it earlier today . . . great work Gunntims! Very polished finish ya got there! Thanks alot .

Remember the true credit goes to JC who created the game i just improved the refreshing and added a eboot. ;)

sony.1991
December 19th, 2006, 04:09
I loved this game on PC, I can't wait to try it out.
Great job dude :)

danknugz
December 19th, 2006, 06:13
is it just me or is it lagging a bit>? i think i need to reinstall my psp stuff, its acting weird! thanks for the great release! im a dopewars fan from waaaaaay back! beautiful!

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 07:52
I may be one of the "morally correct" people here and seen as a whinger, but this game is ****ing sweet. Too bad I was killed by a pack of wild dogs!

blaz3d
December 19th, 2006, 11:27
cheers gunntims! this game deserves the standalone lua eboot:D

love it

gunntims0103
December 19th, 2006, 11:47
is it just me or is it lagging a bit>? i think i need to reinstall my psp stuff, its acting weird! thanks for the great release! im a dopewars fan from waaaaaay back! beautiful!

yes, yes i know the game is still a bit laggy. I did my best on it. Maybe if i delete all of JC's comments in the code it would speed the game up. His code is rather confusing. Il see what i can do...

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 12:28
You should seriously continue this project. I was playing it at work for ages last night. There are a few bugs but it's potential is amazing.

g3nesis
December 20th, 2006, 13:59
cool game:)

its been well made ..

runs fine on 2.80 with the eloader .

anychance of a highscore system then?

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 22:00
You should seriously continue this project. I was playing it at work for ages last night. There are a few bugs but it's potential is amazing.

Im just waiting for feedback from JC himself as i dont want to go crazy and start working and changing his code and releasing it. JC should get back to me soon when ever he come by dcemu ;)

JNJC
January 10th, 2007, 05:53
Howdy Folks,

Glad to see Druglord is still alive and well. I know I have been promising an update for ages, but other commitments have kept me away from it. I haven't really been keeping up with things on the forums for the last couple of months either.

I have already fixed a bunch of the bugs in the game including:

Re-write of LUA Widgets code (controls windows buttons etc.) to improve refresh performance

Fixed bug when buying drugs gave price instead of max units

Fixed bug when the weapon still fires after the fight is over if you X on the list

Improve Rumors code

Changed lender images

Changed fight code so it's a little more even

Modified ranking system

Fixed 'tabbing' between buttons and lists

I was also in the process of adding a high score table and a splash screen when it kinda stalled.

I hadn't seen this thread until gunntims0103 contacted me to say that he had made some changes to Druglord.

So to cut a long story short I have fixed a lot of the problems with Druglord, but in the process I have created some more. I will resolve the remaining issues starting from this evening and hopefully have a release in the next week or so.

Cheers to gunntims0103 for his interest in the game and for renewing people's interest sufficiently to get me started up again. I will download his update and see if I can use his changes.

Glad you like what I've done so far,

JC

gunntims0103
January 10th, 2007, 11:00
Great bro, If you like shoot me a final beta and il add a stand alone eboot for 1.0 and 1.5 psp's and then send it back for release.

Cheers! :)

No lua player nessesary. The scripts run off the eboots making it slighty faster from my own experience.

dejkirkby
January 10th, 2007, 11:40
Today's best news. FACT.

gunntims0103
January 10th, 2007, 23:33
JC, has agreed to shoot me a pm when he's done with the update to druglord so that i can add in the stand alone eboot then send it back for a release :)

I can't wait!

harvickgm
January 11th, 2007, 03:42
to me the game was too short.. should make it more elaborate.... i played for about an hour solid and i made it to the 55 days and i have over 2 mil and the bank and that was the end.. it was fun.. but i would be freakin awsome if they made this a lasting game with saves... love it... keep up the awsome freakin work guys....

LilSwish722
February 8th, 2007, 21:44
KEEP UPDATING. or at the very least add like 30-60 days instead of only 15. i played this game over and over today. one of the most addicting HB's out there.

JNJC
February 16th, 2007, 02:11
I have already made the change to bring the max days up to 55 (among other things)

I hope to be making a release very soon, in the mean time you can have a quick look at some of the changes to the UI at:

http://www.freewebs.com/jnjc/pspdruglord.htm

JC

gunntims0103
February 16th, 2007, 02:42
I have already made the change to bring the max days up to 55 (among other things)

I hope to be making a release very soon, in the mean time you can have a quick look at some of the changes to the UI at:

http://www.freewebs.com/jnjc/pspdruglord.htm

JC

Great news bro, drop me a beta when done and il add eboots and what not :)

Jgamer509
February 27th, 2007, 16:12
Haha dope wars goood times i remember playing that on my nokia on the way to a field trip. ¨"There has bee n a drug bust heroine prices have tripled!"

4LttrWord
October 27th, 2007, 07:29
Is there any way to get this working on official firmware? I love this game, but I don't want custom firmware. I'm on v3.80.

come
January 15th, 2008, 05:26
I am running 3.52 m33 and I can't seem to get this to run. What am I doing wrong? I placed both folders in game150 folder and got nothing. What gives??