PDA

View Full Version : root directory

jose180
December 19th, 2006, 00:59
where is the root directory on the max media player for the DS. I put a SNES emulator on there but it say to put SNES roms in the SNES root directory.:confused:

GenericUser
January 4th, 2007, 04:59
where is the root directory on the max media player for the DS. I put a SNES emulator on there but it say to put SNES roms in the SNES root directory.:confused:

In Windows your root directory is the C drive ( C:\ ), with letters from A though Z representing the physical drives. Microsoft decided to implement there own " user friendly " drive naming scheme, instead of the UNIX ( LINUX + everything else ) way of drive naming. Which is /HDA etc

So the root directory for Max Media Player is the following.

/

Since your using snemulDS you want to create an folder named snes and place it in and your uncompressed roms in the root directory like this.

/snes

As an example the root directory for my GBAMP is the F ( F:\ ) drive on my computer.

So i have the following folder on my CF card.

F:\snes

Your drive letter will be different to mine, but i hope i helped you out.

Eidt : Just to add your may want to do what i do and create called /Emulators/Snemulds and place the snemulds.nds file in there, If you have a large amount of ROMS it can take a long time to find the snemulds.nds if it's in the snes folder it's also cleaner than putting it in the root directory.

The only .nds file i have in my root directory ( / ) is the boot.nds file for moonshell.