PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen of Death

mavsman4457
December 19th, 2006, 02:36
Where does this come from? Is this something made by Sony that is implanted into the firmware or does it come from somewhere else? Also, where does the red screen come from? Is it just for specific homebrews?

turtleguy101
December 19th, 2006, 02:50
isn't the blue screen of death the term given to a computer that has completely "died" lol?Dont think psp's can get the Blue screen of death...

Gizmo356
December 19th, 2006, 03:13
yeah it does and it happens when your psp's setting get corrupted and it is used to restore the settings but on some bricks it doesn't work

joshisposer
December 19th, 2006, 04:18
What about the screen that says, "i'm sorry to inform you, but your psp has crashed." Does that come from developers or something? that screen is just wierd.

Gizmo356
December 19th, 2006, 04:23
Yeah that one is from the gba emu.

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 19th, 2006, 10:02
i've gotten a BSOD twice. Its just a very big run time error, and i got it from putting eboots on wrong and once from devhook. Its a funny thing though to see on a handheld, and im surprised it almost looks the same as the windows one.

mcvader
December 19th, 2006, 12:12
I was getting the "blue screen of death" after using a cheap FM transmitter, I only got it twice but when I was turning on my psp after having used the transmitter the screen showed the xmb then faded to black and when I turned it back on it came up with the "screen" and erased all my settings, I thought I had a brick for a second, needless to say, I don't use the transmitter anymore.

splodger15
December 19th, 2006, 14:32
You can get the blue screen of death in devhook as well when you first start it

mavsman4457
December 23rd, 2006, 17:49
What about the screen that says, "i'm sorry to inform you, but your psp has crashed." Does that come from developers or something? that screen is just wierd.

Oh woops, this is the screen I was referring to. I was confused a little bit I guess haha. Is the red screen that tells you that your PSP has crashed also part of some homebrew?

acn010
December 23rd, 2006, 17:54
now this is scary guys, it happened to me tons of times... can it corrupt the flash thingy on my psp?

firelink88
December 24th, 2006, 15:51
it happened to me loads when installing devhook 0.51 (and thats what put me in hospital)

vision
December 24th, 2006, 18:57
You guys should be happy for the blue screen of death it's sorta of a recovery mode, but not the red screen of death that one is bad lol. You get the blue screen when you mess up on something little and your psp has a original somewhere in it and restores it but the red screen is when you brick or F@#* your psp up lol

sok98
December 24th, 2006, 20:27
yeah i've seen the blue screen of death quite a few times on my psp.. its nothing it just restarts the psp and then everythings good :D

madcat1990
December 26th, 2006, 00:37
Worse is when the PSP™ has a BSOD™, restarts (Fixing the error) and it shows a BSOD™ Again, unable to fix whatever the problem may be XD (happened to me while jerking around with X-Flash V18 in FW 1.5)

Anywho, I think the BSOD™ Term came from the Blue Screen in Micro$oft™ Windows™ :P since it's very common these days xD especially in Bill gates' ™ Windows™ presentations.

Foxmc_loud
December 26th, 2006, 08:31
Man.....im really scared when these things happen on my precious that i bought some days ago...

darthhaze420
December 26th, 2006, 08:45
my wifes psp is stuck on the BSOD her flash is corrupted so now i have to buy a mod chip to fix it.
all because she wanted a custom theme

madcat1990
December 27th, 2006, 04:00
Did you use X-Flash to do that? because IF I am not mistaken, it installs a recovery mode...

Press 'R' when your PSP is turning on then just update it to an older, downgradable version and downgrade it, it will then be fixed :) (Happened to me one...blablalba xD)

splodger15
December 27th, 2006, 09:49
^ ^
Thats called custom firmare

Every PSP owner should have it

madcat1990
December 27th, 2006, 19:20
Mine is customized :) Thanks to X-Flash that is.. xD