PDA

View Full Version : Files left on 2.6 -> 1.5 downgrade?

Blah007
December 19th, 2006, 06:27
I downgraded from 2.6 (to play syphon filter) to 1.5 awhile back, and a friend told me that can leave some files or something behind and that I should do a 'clean' downgrade. Anyway, what's he talking about and how do I do a clean downgrade?

bah
December 19th, 2006, 06:55
Have you had any stability issues at all since you've downgraded?

Some people reported problems and suggested people either upgrade to firmware 2.0 and downgrade from there (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-downgraders-11365.html), or Downgrade from 1.5 to 1.0 (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/psp-downgraders-28286.html) and then update back to 1.5.

The downgrading to 1.0 then back to 1.5 method requires some files from another psp that is already running firmware 1.0. If you need them I'm sure someone on the forums will be able to help you out.

If you haven't had any problems at all, it's really up to you if you wish to go through with a 'clean downgrade'.

Blah007
December 19th, 2006, 07:20
Nope, havn't had any problems at all (at least as far as I can tell). But figured it might be worth looking into doing a 'clean downgrade' incase I might need to flash anything in the future. Thanks for the help tho.

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 08:08
There is a FAR easier way to get a "clean" 1.5 firmware. Get X-Flash and spoof your firmware to 1.0. Then get the official 1.5 update from http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/4
Then update away.

belialone
December 19th, 2006, 08:58
i guess clean means that you are not running a custom firmware or flashed around your firmware

a downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5 is always clean
unless you used something like xflash before the downgrade

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 09:07
i guess clean means that you are not running a custom firmware or flashed around your firmware

a downgrade from 2.6 to 1.5 is always clean
unless you used something like xflash before the downgrade

I think people get worried because you get the Settings Corrupted screen.

belialone
December 19th, 2006, 09:22
i know what you mean dejkirby
i downgraded from 2.71 to 1.5 using the xtrusion downgrader
i went to the photo menu then tiff exploit was loading
a red screen appeared this indicates that the flash is written
then the psp crashes on purpose reboot

then the mentioned bluescreen appears
just hit circle and psp reboots to systemsettings

thats all suppose to happen this way dont worry

but if you flashmodded your psp using xflash or other modding progs to maybe change the font or the bg pic and you get a bluescreen then its not good and you should do a clean reinstall

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 09:27
Personally I've used every downgrader that I know of, except for the TA-082 fake, and never had any problems whatsoever. I've downgraded like 10 PSP's now and my personal favourite is the 2.71 Generic Downgrader.

belialone
December 19th, 2006, 09:47
its good to hear that youre spreading homebrew :)
i try the same around my buddies
i got to do a 2.0 > 1.5 next days
downgrading has become fairly easy with easy downgrader and generic downgrader available

on the other side the chance of bricking has also gone up with all the flash tools the people using
i personally dont need a fancy font,background or bootup

1.5 standard xmb
devhook 0.51 on 1GB and the old 0.46 on the 2GB stick
irshell 3.0
bookr
scummvm
gpsp
psp-pda

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 10:23
its good to hear that youre spreading homebrew :)
i try the same around my buddies
i got to do a 2.0 > 1.5 next days
downgrading has become fairly easy with easy downgrader and generic downgrader available

on the other side the chance of bricking has also gone up with all the flash tools the people using
i personally dont need a fancy font,background or bootup

1.5 standard xmb
devhook 0.51 on 1GB and the old 0.46 on the 2GB stick
irshell 3.0
bookr
scummvm
gpsp
psp-pda
I use X-flash for all my flashing nowadays, and sometimes ThemePSP 1.2. I've never had any problems yet and my PSP is unique to me.
I have:
Pimp my Ride font
BG of my smokin wife
All the XMB labels changed.
Windows Vista Gameboot, Thanks to Shizzy.
And DAX Custom firmware recovery files, in case I ever make a mess of it.

M!ckeY
December 19th, 2006, 10:24
Hey dejkirkby..send me a copy of your bg. :D

gdf
December 20th, 2006, 13:21
what problems can happen with 2.6 to 1.5? i did that so will i encounter any problems. ive been on 1.5 for 2 or 3 months now and nothing wrong so far.

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 13:26
M!ckey, I would but my wife would kick my ass and confiscate my 2nd PSP.
gdf, if you haven't suffered any problems then you're fine. Don't worry. If you are on 1.5 check out the new JC/Gunntims homebrew DrugLord. It's ace.

gdf
December 20th, 2006, 13:39
i got druglord and played for a while but the sell option didn't work, it said there were no scripts for it! boooo!

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 13:48
It's a little buggy but hopefully will be improved.
M!ckey, my wife is back and has whooped me for pimping her picture around. Thanks a lot (said through fat lips and a bust nose) She's gunning for you next! LOL