PDA

View Full Version : Help please.

emickz
December 19th, 2006, 06:52
well for some reason my psp is not getting recognized by my computer. I plug in usp into my psp to my comp and the icon comes up in the lower right hand conrner but when i got to my computer i cannot see my psp drive or anything the wierd thing is somehow the comp does recognize it cuz i can click on the usb port and it says psp type b or sumshizzle?.. anyone know anything?...

bah
December 19th, 2006, 07:06
You have a memory stick in the unit and have set it to USB mode (scroll all the way to the left in the psp's menu and go up to usb mode, press x)?

emickz
December 19th, 2006, 07:16
heres a pic look.....
http://www.freeimghosting.com/images/emickz/p1166512531178.jpg

bah
December 19th, 2006, 07:48
Try unplugging all usb devices and reconnecting them, another usb port for the psp, getting rid of some of those virtual drives (unless you actually have 6 cd/dvd drives), keep refreshing (F5) my computer.

My pc did something similar once when i first got my pc, it said it detected it but no drive came up, swapped it to another port, it found it again and that time it mounted the mstick as a drive properly.

If none of that does anything im all out of ideas, sorry. You could try looking for a windows xp mass storage driver and installing it, with xp and the latest service pack you really shouldn't need to do that though, strange problem.

EDIT: also try another usb cable if you have one

emickz
December 19th, 2006, 09:14
thanks man it worked i did everything u said. :)

dejkirkby
December 19th, 2006, 09:27
Dude you have a shit load of icons on your desktop and way too many Virtual Drives!

steve-b
December 19th, 2006, 09:40
I've seen cables cause alot of problems. bad cables, wrong type (even though they look like usb cables, some mobile phone types are not proper usb).

I suspect in your case though, since you have so many drives, perhaps the PSP was using a drive letter you already had in use. If this happens you can go into disk management and change the drive letters.

bah
December 19th, 2006, 11:16
No probs emickz.

Windows should keep assigning drive letters through to z, it just seems to be a bit iffy with usb mass storage sometimes *shrug*