PDA

View Full Version : how can i fix?

mraellis
December 19th, 2006, 20:45
ok i have a wierd problem with my psp and want to know what i should do to fix it.

it started when i tried using devhook to emulate 3.02 on my 2.71 sec, i had no extras or anything. i set up the devhook and eveything ok and then i ran it. it crashed the psp and after 30 mins of it doing nothing i hard rebooted. then i went to run a iso of one of my games i do own but cant find :( it wouldnt load so i checke3d my fw which said it was 2.71 :???? no sec??? i hard rebooted and checked again and it was sec. it ran the iso lovely. after i went bk to home and tried homebrew. homebrew doesnt work.... i tried running the 2.71 downgrader to see if itd downgrade but that didnt work. i'm not a noob but i aint sure what else to try so i'm happy for step by step instructions and or ideas on what to do to fix it.

plz reply asap , mraellis.

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 09:00
anyone have any ideas?

in 12 hours no reply :(

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 09:52
No-one will reply because we don't take to people wanting help with iso's. Buy the game.

steve-b
December 20th, 2006, 11:05
Are you running the right kernal? 2.71 kernal trying to run 1.50 homebrew is the only thing I can think of.
Boot into recovery mode and check your settings.

splodger15
December 20th, 2006, 11:50
No ISO talk is allowed on the forum thats why no one is willing to help you out

C0R3F1GHT3R
December 20th, 2006, 11:56
u guys are so ignorant. There were two questions that did not involve iso. "after i went bk to home and tried homebrew. homebrew doesnt work.... i tried running the 2.71 downgrader to see if itd downgrade but that didnt work." and "i set up the devhook and eveything ok and then i ran it. it crashed the psp and after 30 mins of it doing nothing i hard rebooted." why dont u guys chill the f out and answer those questions.

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 12:00
u guys are so ignorant. There were two questions that did not involve iso. "after i went bk to home and tried homebrew. homebrew doesnt work.... i tried running the 2.71 downgrader to see if itd downgrade but that didnt work." and "i set up the devhook and eveything ok and then i ran it. it crashed the psp and after 30 mins of it doing nothing i hard rebooted." why dont u guys chill the f out and answer those questions.

Let me get this straight, just because he is having more problems than the one's concerning his iso then we are ignorant? I'll tell you what's ignorant. Signing up to a forum and breaking the rules within the first post and people like you defending it.

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 15:30
1 it wasnt my first post and my problems about the homebrew not loading not the dam iso. the iso is of a game i have if u read what i said and that works after hard rebooting! My question was Why cant i run homebrew? nothing there about isos that breaks rules.

and everything is set up fine in recovery mode it was running lovely before i tried devhook.

idoits try reading and stop being such uptight gits.

steve-b
December 20th, 2006, 15:54
perhaps your only solution is to run the se-c installer from recovery and have it reset everything that way.

calling people idiots and uptight gits on a forum you are trying to get help from is not a good idea either :)

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 16:06
i'm not certain how to do that, could you tell me how.

and they should maybe read before they type ;)

but yeh sorry if i offend but you really shouldnt act like just cus someones a new poster there a noob who knows nothing and didnt read the rules :P

acn010
December 20th, 2006, 16:09
but yeh sorry if i offend but you really shouldnt act like just cus someones a new poster there a noob who knows nothing and didnt read the rules :P

it does not matter, they must read the rules before they start posting

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 16:12
yeh people should, and i did :)

and i didnt break them just by typing the 3 letters.. iso. i just sadi that wasnt working then did to see if it helped people know why the homebrew wasnt working at all. every little helps.

eatnooM
December 20th, 2006, 16:13
Hold R while booting to get into the recovery menu.

jak66
December 20th, 2006, 16:13
what you have to do is put the EBOOT.PBP and DATA.DXAR file that you used to upgrade to SE-C with in a folder called recovery in the 'GAME' game folder, then go to recovery mode and select run program at ms0:/PSP/GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 16:17
thx a lot jak i will try that asap. mainly as soon as i can find a/mine data.dxar.

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 16:25
Listen, I have no problem with you. In actual fact Let me be the first to welcome you to DCEmu.
The problem I have is you asked for help setting your PSP up to play homebrew along side iso's. If you want to use iso's that's your business. I ain't the law. But, for future reference leave the iso comments to other forums.
Thanks.

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 17:18
if i hadnt of mentioned it someone was bound to ask if they worked, and thx for the invite my mates been nagging me to join for a while.

p.s i do have the game anyway so its purely lawful though

also i still cant find my data.dxar anyone want to send me one?

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 17:43
i definately cant make one as it willnt let me run the maker.

steve-b
December 20th, 2006, 18:51
how about running the 1.50 update eboot instead. then running the 2.71 update from there

mraellis
December 20th, 2006, 19:05
your system firmwire is higher then that??

i knew that wouldnt work :)

mikebeaver
December 20th, 2006, 23:13
you need put the 1.50 eboot in the recovery folder,along with the other 4 files that are in the "flasher for recovery" folder that is in the original SE-C zip installer.rename the eboot to update.pbp and then go to the recovery menu by holding R on start-up, then click on the "run file at blah,blah recovery" and you will get the 1.50, you know what to do after that.
PS typing on the PSP's web browser is a pain in the ass.

mraellis
December 21st, 2006, 20:37
yes it is and thanks i will try that since i cant make that file :D

Russoxley187
December 21st, 2006, 20:40
like stated above...
try the recovery console...

mraellis
December 21st, 2006, 21:35
that worked thx and now i've updated bk to lovely 2.71sec :D

thx a lot for the help people.