PDA

View Full Version : Video downloads to offer boost to PSP

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 04:29
news via upi (http://www.upi.com/NewsTrack/view.php?StoryID=20061219-052604-5238r)

The multimedia abilities of the PlayStation Portable are set to garner more attention thanks to a video-downloading service from Japan's Sony Pictures company.

The Hollywood Reporter said Tuesday that Sony Pictures' new downloading service, which will launch next year, will allow PSP owners to gather movies online and play them on the portable media device via MemoryStick memory cards.

"We are in the business of providing content for download to computers through a variety of business partners and have said in the past that we are interested in making our content available on a wide range of mobile devices in the future but no decisions have been made regarding next steps," a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment statement stated.

The paper said that the downloading endeavor, which is still based in negotiations with downloading groups, comes after PSP sales have declined remarkably since move than 14 million units were sold in the year following its March 2005 debut.

John Vattic
December 20th, 2006, 04:48
I could care less about movies.

I would like the ps1 games they promised us.

happy_mak
December 20th, 2006, 05:22
what movies? i dont care.... honestly do they believe this will succeed? There's already a service
like that from Sony temselves "P-TV" in Japan which i used only during world cup to download highlights. I dont care at all.... frankly for this new whatever service

Russoxley187
December 20th, 2006, 05:39
wonder how much that will cost

dj2005
December 20th, 2006, 05:49
It'll fail. How hard is it to stick to one topic and do a good job? Should just work on the PS1 emulator or add something useful.

kiore
December 20th, 2006, 06:06
Althou the psp has a high res screen I just can not see myself downloading a 2- 3 hour movie then transfering it to psp unit ,watch it once or twice and then spend 17 mins deleting it.
When I brought my psp last year some time it came with spiderman 2 played it once, no longer interested.

bring on the brew.

belialone
December 20th, 2006, 08:25
videodownloads ah and im sure that it will only work with fw 3.03
maybe if it where for free and on a devhooked 3.0x

nothing else will work
dont try to make money out of it sony trust me
make it like youtube

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 09:50
As the ever-prophetic Borat (me) says to the yard sale lady (Sony)

Don't try to shank me, Gypsy.

Basil Zero
December 20th, 2006, 19:52
this will somewhat help psp sales

Russoxley187
December 20th, 2006, 20:45
i doubt it, unless they make it really cheap and the movie download really small..

Vega
December 20th, 2006, 21:32
Who cares if it fails or not? Its another feature for our PSP's . . . every little helps.