PDA

View Full Version : PSP : New firmware 3.03 and new archive titles

happy_mak
December 20th, 2006, 06:33
The new firmware 3.03 is out.

Apparently the only change is that you can play "more" playstation titles launched on the Playstation network via the PS3.

Well that keeps me out since i dont have a PS3, but for all those who need to know the latest release on the Game Archives for December hop on to the link below

http://blog.livedoor.jp/gai_jin/archives/50711218.html

The Japan store has already begun offering the same at 525 yen the pricing same for all titles same as the last time.

3.03 upload is a waste of time for us non PS3 owners atleast they could have given half of the Final Finatasy demo they showed at Jump Festa this week.... :)

belialone
December 20th, 2006, 07:03
i bet that the ps1 games feature is just another attempt to lock out devhook users

damn sony

hopefully in the next devhook release we will be able to emu this one

TacticalBread
December 20th, 2006, 07:40
Could this mean a possible exploit in 3.02?

ab88
December 20th, 2006, 07:51
Could this mean a possible exploit in 3.02?

you see too much TV kid

Veskgar
December 20th, 2006, 08:00
So this is the plan huh? Every time new PS1 downloads are released make it required to upgrade the PSP firmware YET AGAIN!

Screw that!

There is obviously going to be a new redesigned PSP(2) since they are handing out surveys about it so I'll just wait for that if I want to use SONYS PS1 downloads.

With the current PSP I'll just hold out for a homebrew solution. We now know PS1 emulation is perfectly possible on the PSP. Its just a matter of time.

belialone
December 20th, 2006, 08:01
hmm you should go to the dark alex site http://dax.st/ and read what hes writing
has anyone got that on this forum it should be top on mainpage

dark alex is dead?!?:eek:

TacticalBread
December 20th, 2006, 08:08
you see too much TV kid

What the hell? :confused:

wakaru
December 20th, 2006, 09:10
hmm you should go to the dark alex site http://dax.st/ and read what hes writing
has anyone got that on this forum it should be top on mainpage

dark alex is dead?!?:eek:

That made the mainpage news a few weeks back.
Apparently Dark_Alex is still active though :thumbup:

Baboon
December 20th, 2006, 09:19
Hmnmm, another pointless update.

I wonder how long it will take till DH runs 3.03? lol

dejkirkby
December 20th, 2006, 09:46
Seriously guys, Is playing PS1 games on our PSP's worth an update everytime a "new" PS1 game is released. I think I'd sooner do 1 of 2 things.
1. Play the PS1 games on my PS1.
2. Wait patiently for a halfway decent emulator.

d3v1l
December 20th, 2006, 10:02
so this doesnt work with dh?anyone tried?

belialone
December 20th, 2006, 10:13
you'll need a special psar dumper to get it to work i guess

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 20th, 2006, 10:18
so this doesnt work with dh?anyone tried?
Gonna try it now :)
Errors on decryption of the PSAR's (
errors in 2 files, loadcore (ripping reboot.bin) sysmem.prx, loadexec.prx) then black screens on DH launch.

May work if you use the files from 3.02 gonna try it.NOPE wont work :(

Baboon
December 20th, 2006, 11:15
Gonna try it now :)
Errors on decryption of the PSAR's (
errors in 2 files, loadcore (ripping reboot.bin) sysmem.prx, loadexec.prx) then black screens on DH launch.

May work if you use the files from 3.02 gonna try it.NOPE wont work :(

Well thanks anyway for keeping us informed. :)

To be honest I'm not too bothered 3.02 is not working yet. Playing 'more' PS1 titles on a PS3 thorugh the Playstation network is hardly anything to worry about considering the PS3 wont be in the UK till at least 2019! lol ...im sure by then DH will conker all, and we'll have a decent homebrew PS emulator! :D

splodger15
December 20th, 2006, 11:18
This is going to need another modded PSAR Dumper for it to decrypt

Word Of Warning
Do not update your PSP to this firmware if you do thats your problem do not post on the forums then asking a downgrader because you updated

gunntims0103
December 20th, 2006, 11:51
another piontless update

Why can't spny make a helpfull or useful update, really there just updating there firmware for no reason in my opinion....

Word Of Warning
Do not update your PSP to this firmware if you do thats your problem do not post on the forums then asking a downgrader because you updated

Yes users the higher you update the harder it will be to downgrade in the future so if you actually want to downgrade then you should wait a long time to see what comes out. Don't just rush and upgrade. Sony constantly patches there firmwares on higher updates....

darthhaze420
December 20th, 2006, 13:47
i bet even when the new psp comes out $ony will still update firmware on this psp for some time just to slow the homebrew

acn010
December 20th, 2006, 13:49
its a waste, but nah, its not worth it

Plowking
December 20th, 2006, 14:03
Sony update the firmware for their own benefit, not the benefit of users.

This one is to allow more choice of PS1 games that they want to sell. The days of big leaps in functionality in the FW updates are gone I think.

Sure look at the flash player...how far behind are they with that! It's still Flash 6 isn't it? Useless really.

MattZani
December 20th, 2006, 14:38
time to update...

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2006, 15:40
To be honest I'm not too bothered 3.02 is not working yet.
Don't you mean 3.03, because 3.02 is working with the new Dev Hook. But for 3.03, I bet we just need a new PSAR dumper.

Baboon
December 20th, 2006, 15:43
Don't you mean 3.03, because 3.02 is working with the new Dev Hook. But for 3.03, I bet we just need a new PSAR dumper.

Yep, sorry my mistake, I'm already on 3.02 (a typo)! lol

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
December 20th, 2006, 17:26
i bet devhook can emulate this easily!

d3v1l
December 20th, 2006, 17:57
ofcourse it can, since there aint nothing new in it..but still i cant wait till it can be decrypted because most likely new games coming out wont take anything less then 3.03..not even 3.02..

Basil Zero
December 20th, 2006, 19:51
sony's in full force against piracy

Frostyboy1
December 20th, 2006, 20:15
sony's in full force against piracy

Yer, obviously!!!

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 00:30
In the words of Church, "This is so freaking lame!"

It is a useless update, and if I remember, something like .05% of the dcemu population will be able to use the PS1 emu anyway. No one else has a PS3 (which is a sh*t move by Sony to entice us to buy more stuff).

kpaul_nyc
December 21st, 2006, 00:47
Well ya see they didn't make 3.0 all it was supposed to be because they wanted to flush out the new DevHook and adjust the security holes accordingly.

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 00:58
Well ya see they didn't make 3.0 all it was supposed to be because they wanted to flush out the new DevHook and adjust the security holes accordingly.

No, I don't think that's the reason. They love paying their developers and giving them something to do.

Pumped'Up
December 21st, 2006, 03:59
This fw update is ultra-lame....damn Sony, the PSP owes it's success COMPLETELY to the homebrew apps and the thriving/amazing homebrew community.

When will Sony learn...sheesh.

F9zDark
December 21st, 2006, 04:22
Anyone have a ChangeLog? I am sure Sony must have added something aside from allowing more PS1 games...

Actually, that would be terrible if Sony doing it that way; requiring certain firmwares to play a certain lot of games...

For instance, 3.03 being REQUIRED to play the new PS1 games; future games requiring future firmwares...

Man that sucks, that means we'll never have a fully capable PS1 emu via DH. Looks like I'll be waiting for a homebrew solution.

hacksparrow
December 21st, 2006, 05:55
wots the point of 3.00 2 us? let alone 3.03? ay yi yi