PDA

View Full Version : TA-82 file hoster apologises a little bit more.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
December 20th, 2006, 19:50
On behalf of PSP-HaXors, I would personally like to apologize for the recent release of the fake TA-082 downgrader by dark_thug.

Once it was emailed to me, I was skeptical. The sizes of the so-called “.thug” files matched the sizes of the Official Sony 1.50 firmware eboot and 2.71 eboot files.

So instead of releasing a fake downgrader to the scene, I held on to it.

With no proof, I finally decided to get it tested in a live test.

Without a TA-082 PSP myself to test it, I gave it out to test to 3 people who asked for it.

When all three came back saying it worked, I released it, with the proper cautions.

After which, PSP-Hacks and QJ posted the article. I kept an eye on the comments, on the post and on the forum.

Numerous people from PSP hacking sites reported success, and a few, bricks, so I assumed it was working.

That was until birdman and Dark_AleX said it was a hoax, and could neither downgrade nor brick a PSP.

So that said, I would like to apologize to PSP-Hacks, QJ, DCEmu, MaxConsole, and any other site who stumbled upon the article.

It was fake, and we’ve all seen fakes in the past. And will probably continue to see them.
Instead of pointing fingers at the testers, it’s better to just move on.

Again, I am sorry for posting it without the proper proof.

- Chaos Zero -

mesosade
December 20th, 2006, 20:30
Well, it's better and simpler then what psDonkey said. well...apology accepted i guess

splodger15
December 20th, 2006, 20:46
Wasnt this on the front page

the_eternal_dark
December 20th, 2006, 20:53
And actually, it wasn't a member of the psp-haxors team that made the program, they just offered to host it for the "coder" after testing was confirmed. Chaos Zero may have given it to someone who "accidentally" leaked it, resulting in the crap that we saw.

SSaxdude
December 20th, 2006, 21:11
CZ isn't kissing ass, he's awesome. He wasn't the one who made the fake downgrader.

m0th
December 20th, 2006, 22:38
CZ isn't to blame, I understand why he apologized but I don't think it was neccesary. He found it, had people test it and it came back legit... who wouldn't have shared it?

the_eternal_dark
December 20th, 2006, 22:53
Thanks Eggman for changing the topic name.

Vendeta
December 21st, 2006, 03:03
K, so from what i get is that all the testers were all hired by someone...(u know what i mean) and this is just nuthing... dosent downgrade nor brick... just a meaninless program?????

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 03:17
K, so from what i get is that all the testers were all hired by someone...(u know what i mean) and this is just nuthing... dosent downgrade nor brick... just a meaninless program?????

Yep, pretty much. I hate when people do this crap.

m0th
December 21st, 2006, 03:26
Yep, pretty much. I hate when people do this crap.

Hired? What were they getting payed? Seriously, the way I read it is he asked a few people to try it and they came back saying it worked.... ?!?!?! ANd?... What you think he made it up, purposefully announced a non working downgrader for no monetary reason... OK.. maybe for a laugh... BUT to come back and apologize? I think everyones reading way to much into this. He posted something he was told was legit by at least 2-3 people... BFD! Blame them and the creator, not him. Whats that saying.. OH YEAH! Don't shoot the messenger....

the_eternal_dark
December 21st, 2006, 05:00
Hired? What were they getting payed? Seriously, the way I read it is he asked a few people to try it and they came back saying it worked.... ?!?!?! ANd?... What you think he made it up, purposefully announced a non working downgrader for no monetary reason... OK.. maybe for a laugh... BUT to come back and apologize? I think everyones reading way to much into this. He posted something he was told was legit by at least 2-3 people... BFD! Blame them and the creator, not him. Whats that saying.. OH YEAH! Don't shoot the messenger....

Not hired in the traditional sense, it was probably just a prank pulled by a group of friends who were all in on it. That's what I took to be "hired". No one said anyone was getting payed or compensated in any way, where did you get that from?

He took the word of someone he knew and went by that, no harm no foul. And then it was found to be fake. Chill icebox! Chaos has never released anything that was fake and he made the installer you probably used to install devhook (not the newest one though).