PDA

View Full Version : Treasure of Pharaoh 0.2

wraggster
December 20th, 2006, 21:51
New release from snowymydog:

Hi, everybody.
Here is Treasure of Pharaoh 0.2. If you miss the previous version, this is a chance to try this homebrew made by me.
Treasure of Pharaoh is a clone of "Lode Runner". It's one of the best game I've ever played.

What's new:
1. AI updated. With updated AI, the Anubis is much "reasonable". I've tested it with all 150 levels, and it's working very fine. If you can't solve a level, just try again and think. The greatest fun of this game is you need to figure out how to solve the level. It's not easy. If you're lode runner fans, you know what I mean.

2. Graphics updated.

3. Serveral bugs fixed.

4. Options menu is now working. You can turn on/off bkg music and turn on/off false brick. False brick is a tile which have the same outlook as the ground. But you cannot dig on it. When you run on top on it, you'll drop to the next floor. Just like stepping on air. Turning off the false brick, will render the false brick differently, so you can see it clearly. This will make the game much easier.

5. High score is now working. Auto saved when clear a level.

6. Keys configuration changed.
L+Triangle goes to previous level
R+Triangle goes to next level (minus 1 life)
L+R+Triangle restart current level (minus 1 life)

I've learn a lot from this project and having great fun while playing this game. Maybe someday I'll share the experience on another thread. If you say, "Hey, snowmydog. I just don't like you, I won't try this game!". Fine, but please grab the original Lode runner(Apple II/DOS) and take a try. This is a true classic.

Enjoy!

Download and Give feedback Via Comments
via snowymydog (http://forums.qj.net/showpost.php?p=1258599&postcount=1)

Amiga
December 20th, 2006, 22:06
great version m8,first time i played this game was on atari800xl.

the good old days :)

slickpick
December 20th, 2006, 22:29
I remember playing lode runner on my old laptop, the game was great and still is

PsPRawdney
December 20th, 2006, 23:42
I just signed up again to say thank you for this homebrew game. This was my favorite game on my Apple IIc back in the mid 80's. It was the first game I ever played that had an editor to allow me to make my own maps... I must have made 1000 of them, wish I still had them (damn me for giving away my apple2c). Anyways, I wanted to let you know how that I have probably spent more time playing this homebrew game in the last week, than I have spent on any game that I have purchased for the psp! :) Good job!

On a side note, if a forum moderator or someone who cares sees this: Everytime I sign up on this website, it forgets my username and password, but remembers my email, so I am not able to set up a new account without putting in a bogus email. I have sent in the forgotten password request about 50 times, and I never get a reply. My original name in this forum was Rawd, and my email is [email protected] .... Can someone help me out? Thanks..

Herbster
December 23rd, 2006, 02:11
Of all the games of the little people, this was one of my favourites. You’ve done some very impressive work recreating the original. I was sceptic when I first downloaded the game but when I realised I was on level 10 and hooked I thought I should post a comment.

Cheers M8

Digital.Mako45
December 23rd, 2006, 02:21
Dammit, i wish my 1.5 motherboard would come in already so i can play homebreew D: